StarCraft® II

Is this game worth buying?

I was wondering if this game is worth buying along with the heart of swarm and i plan to play multiplayer so how is the popularity?
Reply Quote
What game are you talking about? Wings of Liberty?
Reply Quote
... Starcraft 2 ... WoL and HoTS
Reply Quote
Try out the free starter edition to see if you like it.. its not for everyone..
Reply Quote
Still no one answered my question on population
Reply Quote
There are enough people that you can play competitively. There are thousands of people playing the game every day (probably in the ten thousands, but w/e), so if that's enough of a "population" for you, go for it.
Reply Quote
Thank you for your answers :)
Reply Quote
#1 I think it's an amazing game. I love just about everything about it.

As far as population, yeah, it's a very populated game. You can easily find people to play Arcade with you, or create your own Arcade map (you just have to message people in chat), or play MP with.
Reply Quote
Still no one answered my question on population

500,000 - 750,000 players online at all times. 20,000+ games at any given moment of any day. People chatting, modders modding, etc.

Ya it is still very popular.
Edited by zKrieg on 4/3/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see 10,500 games worldwide at the moment, has something happened since the last post, I'm just killing time here, coz so far I've waited 28 minutes for a game....
Edited by DeadStack on 4/22/2013 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I see 10,500 games worldwide at the moment, has something happened since the last post, I'm just killing time here, coz so far I've waited 28 minutes for a game....

Err.... Something sounds seriously off there. It takes me under 30 seconds to find a game, in any bracket (maybe with the exception of FFA?)

Are you doing FFA? Last I checked, not a lot of people did FFA because there's no rank to be gained from it, and (in WoL) it didn't go toward completing your solo / team wins portraits. So there was really no point in doing it. But if you're looking for a 1v1-4v4 and it's taking you 28 minutes, there might be something up on your end.

And the number fluctuates a lot between like 10k to 25k, it depends on what time you log in at.
Reply Quote
hey
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]