StarCraft® II

Money-generating Capturables

Hey guys.
I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with a little data issue I have. I am trying to make a mod where mineral gathering is replaced by capturing Xel Naga towers to generate income. But I don't know how to make it happen, if anyone knows a way, I would be very happy if you could help out.
Reply Quote
I'm new to the editor so sadly I can't help you with this but I wanted to tell you that this sounds like a really interesting concept. Best of luck!
Reply Quote
It would probably be easiest to do this with triggers, to be honest.
Reply Quote
I am in the process of making capturable tower that generates minerals. It's not completed but it mostly uses the data editor and has a feature of when more units that are near it the faster it captures. The only triggers involved is updating text tag and determined who captured the tower since applying behaviors can't be recognized by a owner. After I finish it, I will post a tutorial on it in the tutorial section of the forum.
Edited by Kubi on 4/13/2013 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The most straightforward way to do this is have a behavior on the xelnaga tower that runs a periodic effect that is a modify player effect, that gives the money. Then have a trigger for doing the capturing, and to actually capture it, run the command "Rescue Unit", which will turn control over to whatever player captures it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]