StarCraft® II

New group for 2v2v2v2 games

Group name/channel is 2v2v2v2

Previously I posted asking people if they were interested in playing some 2v2v2v2 games and I received several messages from people who were.

Since then I have started making some custom games with certain Blizzard maps which just do not do a 2v2v2v2 justice.
Due to this I have went back to my favorite 2v2v2v2 map from Brood War, Green Valleys, and recreated it for Starcraft 2.
(Brood War Version) http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080923040822/starcraft/images/3/35/Green_Valleys_SC1_Art1.jpg

I have been creating these games and you can join them by going to Custom Games, Open Games and looking under Miscellaneous and you will see the game name as 2v2v2v2 Green Valleys. To add me as a friend my name and character code is:
Morketh

Just message me when I am on and I will add you to my friends list to know to invite you when you are available.

You can also create your own 2v2v2v2 using this map by searching in the miscellaneous category and just searching for 2v2v2v2 and it will come up.

Once I get a community going for 2v2v2v2 games I will eventually remake other maps like Tribes, Garden of Aiur, and BGH as I have not seen an accurate remake of BGH.

New players to Starcraft 2 seem to be getting upset because they are not spawning next to or in the same base as your partner. That is all good and well when you are next to your partner but it is adds a whole new level of difficulty when your partner spawns clear across the map from you.

2v2v2v2 games are something more complex than your regular 2v2 3v3 or 4v4, I find those games to be uninteresting. Why? One to two battles and the game is over. The other team rushes you and you either lose to it or fend it off and counter and the games over.

I like a bit more complexity and a longer game than 8-20 minutes. I like to build and get to top tier units in the game and have a massive base with several expansions as well as several battles. I enjoy being brought down to nothing and getting that last probe out and being able to find a base to rebuild and come back and win a game because they thought I was dead and started focusing on another team.

I have many great stories from 2v2v2v2 games whereas when is the last time I got all excited from winning a 4v4 with a quick 8 minute rush? It doesn't happen. It is those long, difficult games I enjoy winning whereas a 8 minute win is an empty victory.

If you are interested in 2v2v2v2 games please let me know, I have found difficulty in finding many Blizzard maps which can support a 2v2v2v2, most are tendered towards 4v4 hence why I remade my favorite most difficult 2v2v2v2 map Green Valleys.

Please add me or send me a message if you are interested. I have also created a channel/group in SC2 called 2v2v2v2, please join the group/channel and I will be monitoring if anyone is in there when I create games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]