TvT BC's = easy win.

If you just start to get bc's in mid/late game you get easy win since there is nothing to counter bc's in late game. 6 armor -> marines can't kill them and vikings/thors get killed by yamatos
Reply Quote
Of course you need to be on 5-6 base to be able to support bc. You need to not get kited into oblivion by vikings. Also you need to maintain other units to prevent your mobility being abused.
Reply Quote
If you open both gas very early and go marine/helion/hellbats (anything that don't require gas) there is a window where you can get some bc with intense muling on 2 base. Better if that expand is on gold.

But lately I prefer Raven. PDD shut down toss air/stalker. And hunter missile are funny :)
Not to say that at 100 mineral / 200 gas if your sitting on ressource you can funnel them easily.
Reply Quote
Of course you need to be on 5-6 base to be able to support bc. You need to not get kited into oblivion by vikings. Also you need to maintain other units to prevent your mobility being abused.

You can start getting bc's when u are at 3 base even you would have only few those are still good for destroying tank lines.
Why need to be so stubborn? After playing vs few terrans every one of those have been first "wtf bc's, lol" few minutes later " seems like I underestimated bc's"
And in small maps bc's work for 100% sure.
Edited by lIlIlIlIlI on 4/1/2013 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unless you play vs a terran whos actually good. If you try to transition in the mid game you are screwed vs a good terran
Reply Quote
actually no. a lot of terrans i've faced are going bcs, and since gas is their dependency they have minerals to expand for days, all you need is 1 or 2 siege tanks so that stimed marines dont bum rush your bcs. in every situation i've been in i never felt confortable attacking into those 2 units. and in a big engagement, unless you actually KILL that bc, it's repaired to full, meanwhile i lost a bunch of marines etc
Reply Quote
You'll be dead way before then the way I play TvT.
Reply Quote
Unless you play vs a terran whos actually good. If you try to transition in the mid game you are screwed vs a good terran

Some players who have won games in tournaments with bc's are not good?
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 03:09 PMPosted by lIlIlIlIlI

Some players who have won games in tournaments with bc's are not good?

They never transitioned that early ~_~ BCs are like, late late game TvT
Reply Quote
Yeah, it has to be a slow transition. From watching the pros and playing games myself, TvT has become really aggressive in HOTS. If you only make two tanks and bio you will either get rolled over by his larger tank count and marines or dropped to death because of the new medivacs. I'ts not a rare thing anymore either to have several doom drops happen throughout a TvT.

If you sit and turtle up too much to get to Battle Cruisers then you can't expand and the other person will.
Reply Quote
If you just start to get bc's in mid/late game you get easy win since there is nothing to counter bc's in late game. 6 armor -> marines can't kill them and vikings/thors get killed by yamatos

I used to do fairly early BC transitions in WoL in all the matchups (pure mech terran player here). One terran guy got so mad lol. Called me a noob and whatnot. Going from the heavy tank force on the ground to viking/battlecruiser all of a sudden really throws people off. I then push with tanks/battlecruiser with viking support.

In HoTS, I find there are sufficient other strategies to use so I don't find myself making BCs as often. I've started using hellbat drops and the economic damage usually makes up for the lack of a powerful surprise tech switch.
Reply Quote
I 1/1/1 every terran i face... try that agaisnt me lol..
Reply Quote
you die to an aggressive terran, also without tanks your bcs die.
Reply Quote
I have been caught off guard by this once or twice, but after watching HTOmario yesterday I think I have a handle on it now.

Basically, he just didn't bother getting BC's himself and instead took map control and pumped tons of vikings, ravens and wms; I think the biggest mistake people make (including me) is try to counter bcs with MORE bcs when really, if they have very little ground army (tanks & what not) you are better off just getting more vikings and getting tons of ravens for pdd and seeker missiles.

EDIT: Then again, use that idea yourself. If he is laying off the ground forces, favor vikings and ravens over more BC's.
Edited by fingrknitter on 4/2/2013 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If your opponent lets you simply build 5-6 BCs then yea it's usually a win.

Try building 5-6 BCs if he doesn't want you to. Not such an easy win then.
Reply Quote

vikings are a lot cheaper, bcs are 400 vikings are 150,, you have 10 bcs i have 26 vikings same mineral cost, ouu wow you can yomato 10 of my vikings but i still have 16 left, and can kite endless with the faster move speed and 9 range, GG bcs. but yea bcs in lategame is always a good switch, you just need to get vikings yourself do you dont get owned by theirs.

If your opponent lets you simply build 5-6 BCs then yea it's usually a win.

Try building 5-6 BCs if he doesn't want you to. Not such an easy win then.

yea because the second you start the 1st bc the other terran just can steam roll your 15+ tank line with ease.... tvt is ussually stalemate with all the tanks till one person gets the advantage, during that long stalemate one can slowly build up bcs, i play tvt with my top diamond/low masters friend all the time, and usually the one who has more bcs lategame winss, unless the other guy goes hardvikings.
Edited by Braunz on 4/3/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
tvt is ussually stalemate with all the tanks till one person gets the advantage

If you actually try to be aggressive in TvT its not that at all
Reply Quote
Well ya, sky terran is the strongest unit comp, but you just cant go bc's all willy nilly unless your opponent is bad and just chills back at his base letting you do whatever you want. You need a good multiple base economy -4,5,6, etc (not 3 like some ppl have said). You also have to safely transition into this because you should be or close to maxed. In order to start massing bc/viking/raven you need to free up your supply and you will be vulnerable to a counter attack and being overwhelmed during this time. Some maps will also be better for this than others.
Edited by urNumb on 4/3/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If you have only BCs/vikings, any decent player will just treat them like brood lords and attack everywhere they're not until you can no longer support them. Doom drop your production, snipe your expansions, etc.

If you have a few BCs/vikings, you can just kill them straight up with thors/vikings/ravens.

BCs are only really game ending if you get caught with your pants down and no means to whip up the anti-air needed to deal with them. Which is why you keep an eye on what tech your opponent has.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]