StarCraft® II

Can't find Viper's m3

Hey everyone,

I can't find the Viper's model using the MPQ Editor tool. I also can't seem to find the Tempest's sound files. I've openend all base.sc2asset files and enUS.sc2asset files at once and merged them together and I still can't find them. I did find the Viper's sound files, but under the name LairViper. Can someone help me find what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Ciao,
Abyssinian
Reply Quote
1. open map in editor that has the dependencies to use those assets
2. Window -> console
3. search what you are looking for
4. right click it and export it
Reply Quote
Developer
Hi Abyssinian,

Unfortunately, our final raw asset names don't always match up with the in-game names/strings you know the units by. While we try to audit and clean them up prior to release in an attempt to help modders, some assets do make it out with their in-progress names, including the Viper:

• The Viper's model is called, "SnakeCaster" and is located in Swarm.SC2Mod's Base.SC2Assets/Units/Zerg/ directory.

The Tempest's files are actually named appropriately:

• The Tempest's VO files live in Swarm.SC2Mod/[locale].SC2Assets/LocalizedData/Sounds/VO/ and their file names being with "zVO_ProtossTempest."
  • The Tempest's sound effect files live in Swarm.SC2Mod/Base.SC2Assets/Assets/Sounds/ and their file names begin with "Tempest."

Enjoy!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]