For those who found "The Reckoning" too easy

Ultralisks are done. However, I will not be uploading the map just yet.

"But why TheGame?"

Because I still have to do Kerrigans Abilities.
All 21 of them.

And every time you select a Kerrigan ability in the editor, it freezes up for a minute because it has to load all of them, all the effects for all of them, all the actors and models (basically the visual effects), all the requirements...

Also don't worry about wraiths. The map was glitching up and in some cases, instead of making 2 of a unit (e.g. Marine) it would make 1 of them and 1 wraith. Hence the billions of wraiths that would never move out due to having no AI to them.
Edited by TheGame on 4/14/2013 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think you need to change the number of units spawned so much. Make the bases harder to break into like the last map in broodwar. Make spawns of stim marine/marauder/medic. Make waves of mass siege tanks. Throw in a lot more missle turrets. Disable the broodlord and make people use the viper abilities to break a base. Make people have to use stealth detection. Add nuclear launches. Make the forward mineral field a rich mineral field. Make Raynor's base stronger. Make Raynor spawn goliaths/siege tanks/scvs/ravens/thors. Add a bridge to get to the palace door. Move the final two planetary fortresses up and put a base behind it. Put a psi disruptor on each side of each planetary fortress. Put 7 siege tanks behind each planetary fortress. Make the ai use drop pods at odd flanks towards your base. Give the ai super defense energy towers. Add intermediate objectives. Add viking patrols. Add widow mines that drop from drop pods. Make the widow mines unable to burrow in creep (some experimental window mine prototype being tested for this mission). Add mass snipe nonstealth ghost squads to kill Kerrigan. Add nydus canals that spawn from zerg orbital drops when you spread creep to certain locations. Break the mission down into two phases. Make the first phase a survival phase for you and Raynor then make Zagara set up an island expansion where she makes air units(broodlords/mutalisks) to break some objective that inhibits your progress (maybe power generator that powers super defense energy towers). Make the super defense energy towers like colossi except with 20 weapon range and 25 vision range on plateaus. Make them target air and ground units. I think that would be a respectable final defense for 'humanity' against the swarms final push.
Reply Quote
I don't think you need to change the number of units spawned so much. Make the bases harder to break into like the last map in broodwar. Make spawns of stim marine/marauder/medic. Make waves of mass siege tanks. Throw in a lot more missle turrets. Disable the broodlord and make people use the viper abilities to break a base. Make people have to use stealth detection. Add nuclear launches. Make the forward mineral field a rich mineral field. Make Raynor's base stronger. Make Raynor spawn goliaths/siege tanks/scvs/ravens/thors. Add a bridge to get to the palace door. Move the final two planetary fortresses up and put a base behind it. Put a psi disruptor on each side of each planetary fortress. Put 7 siege tanks behind each planetary fortress. Make the ai use drop pods at odd flanks towards your base. Give the ai super defense energy towers. Add intermediate objectives. Add viking patrols. Add widow mines that drop from drop pods. Make the widow mines unable to burrow in creep (some experimental window mine prototype being tested for this mission). Add mass snipe nonstealth ghost squads to kill Kerrigan. Add nydus canals that spawn from zerg orbital drops when you spread creep to certain locations. Break the mission down into two phases. Make the first phase a survival phase for you and Raynor then make Zagara set up an island expansion where she makes air units(broodlords/mutalisks) to break some objective that inhibits your progress (maybe power generator that powers super defense energy towers). Make the super defense energy towers like colossi except with 20 weapon range and 25 vision range on plateaus. Make them target air and ground units. I think that would be a respectable final defense for 'humanity' against the swarms final push.

Well when I release the version with double spawn rates and detection added to a majority of attack waves, You can go about adding all these changes. I'm terrible at the trigger editor.

BTW there already are mass ghost hit-squads, but they go after your base. Similarly, Psi-disruptors do exist at the final defense location in mengsk's palace.
Reply Quote
Also, for those wondering on progress, I had to put Kerrigan on hold because a glitch was preventing Torrasques from reviving. I have since then fixed said glitch.
Reply Quote
Update: When I said 'Within a week', I should have said 'Very, Very Soon™'.

In other words, I have made all the buttons for the abilities!
Reply Quote
So it will be another mode after brutal? PLEASE MAKE IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE.! Harder than "in utter darkness"
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Ruckly
Add nuclear launches.

I wish they had those in that mission. It would have fit. Though i suppose he would want to limit the toxicity on korhal.

BTW there already are mass ghost hit-squads, but they go after your base. Similarly, Psi-disruptors do exist at the final defense location in mengsk's palace.

I was thinking that too. I suppose you could scatter some more around, but i actually dont think they are very problematic.

So it will be another mode after brutal? PLEASE MAKE IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE.! Harder than "in utter darkness"

What about All in? =D I cant recall actually which was harder for me.
Reply Quote
Bad News Everyone!

After all the work I put into making it harder... The game still gets easy once the Odin is killed. Kerrigan OP.

Ill be working on that. MOAR BCS!

Cause BCs are a pain to deal with when you have no corruptors and they deal up to 50dps before upgrades

Also, Kerrigans psionic shift ability is broken.

And my home internet is down, so I'm using Maccas free wifi to do this (CURSE YOU AUSTRALIAN INTERNET!) and its too slow to upload the map anyway.

So question: Do we want the map now (in slightly harder mode) or later (in ultimate hardcore mode)?
Edited by TheGame on 4/17/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Have the odin rebuilt after a short time then =D. Is that possible?
Reply Quote
Have the odin rebuilt after a short time then =D. Is that possible?

Probably, but hard to do. For now, I have dropped down the (buffed) resource nodes to 20% of what their new values were (its now 5000 minerals in each mineral node, 18500 gas in each geyser)

If I have to, I'll make Kerrigan have a WC3-style leveling system, starting at level 2 with access to the level 1 and 2 abilities, and as she levels up she either gets a new ability or a stat increase, all the way up to level 10 where her stats will be the same as a level 70 Kerrigan.

Im also thinking of doing a post-finished tweak where all zerg units have a 3rd advanced evolution: The Mutant strain. It sacrifices the other 2 strains to get the effects of all its mutations (e.g. Adrenal Overload, Hardened Carapace and Metabolic Boost all on a zergling, but no access to Raptors or Swarmlings).

Granted we might just see a whole lot of mutant Hydras...
Edited by TheGame on 4/17/2013 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm, i wonder if it would be better if you were to come up with your own new weapons. Such as the loki back in the other mission. Perhaps you could also make up some stuff with the new battlecruiser called "star" if i recall the name correctly.

Perhaps you could even make up the norad IV =D
Reply Quote
make Odin respawn ! way more units! or bring in hybrids
Reply Quote
make a ultimate hardcore mode
Reply Quote
I decided to see if I could fix psionic shift. Alas, I could not.

Unfortunately, I am getting an error message when attempting to upload:

Default Attribute Values could not be validated. (C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\TMP\[ridiculously long Hex code])

So I will find somewhere to upload the map, and will post the link here later.
Reply Quote
sounds kind of like the mercenaries 1 and 2 maps for brood war, brings back memories...(hilaroiusly terrible ones)

Immortality protocol on Odin? Dominion forces actively try to reactivate Odin with progressively stronger and stronger waves as you hold them off as they do it (possibly in addition to what is attacking you already)?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]