StarCraft® II

In-game clock runs fast?

I have been attempting some of the "Complete task ____ within X minutes" achievements, and this morning I attempted the one where you take out Zagara's base in 14 minutes. I looked at the clock when I started, and I completed the mission in something like 14-15 minutes. It was too high, but only just barely. But when I finished the mission, it said the time was something like 19:08. Is this normal? And if so, is there a way to make the game put an on-screen stopwatch or something?
Reply Quote
IIRC the clock will run relative to your gamespeed, with normal being normal time. If you are playing a faster setting, then the clock will run faster. You can enable the clock somewhere in the settings and it shows up above the minimap.
Reply Quote
Commonly called "Blizzard time", the in-game timer will run about 40% faster than a real second on the fastest game setting. This is something we all had to live with since... the beginning of StarCraft 1 actually.

There is a game clock option that can be enabled in gameplay options. Having it on is an essential tool.
Edited by Lunchador on 4/8/2013 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Having it on is an essential tool.

Which they forgot to provide when WoL came out with all its timed achievements. :-p
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update.
I am a newbie, playing on brutal and I thought I totally sucked.

A guy on a youtube video took 7 minutes and said he had a minute to spare.
I just could not figure out how he was collecting "Vespene" gas so fast.
I attempted to put 4 SCV's on the refinery, but it did not really help.

He made a mistake on that video that I was able to avoid.
I took 7 minutes also but was two minutes late on the game time.

I need to figure out if I have the AMD dual timer fix in?

The timers on older AMD dual processors usually have different count values which can cause problems with in game timing.

game speed factor = 1.0 normal speed

CPU #1 0000C234
CPU #1 0000D345 --> clock rate X (D345 - C234) X game speed factor = 1.00 minutes

CPU #1 0000C234
CPU #2 0000F2C5 --> clock rate X (F2C5 - C234) X game speed factor = 2.84 minutes

CPU #2 0000F2C5 --> F2C5
CPU #1 0000F567 --> clock rate X ( F567 - F2C5 ) X game speed factor =0.15 minutes

Game Elapsed time is 3.99 minutes.
AND Processor time is 3.00 minutes.

I would have expected the timer thread to be set to single processor affinity?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]