StarCraft® II

No WCS Australia this year?

Wait, what?

So the WCS 2013 announcement was made a while ago, and it only has three categories - America, Europe and Korea.

Does this mean that there is no WCS Australia this year, despite the fact it was a massive success last year?

So Australian players don't get the chance to compete with other Australians to get to see who goes to the global finals, instead Australians need to enter into the WCS qualifiers for America, Europe or Korea.

Am I understanding this right? I thought Blizzard wanted to promote esports in this country?
Reply Quote
Wait, what?

So the WCS 2013 announcement was made a while ago, and it only has three categories - America, Europe and Korea.

Does this mean that there is no WCS Australia this year, despite the fact it was a massive success last year?

So Australian players don't get the chance to compete with other Australians to get to see who goes to the global finals, instead Australians need to enter into the WCS qualifiers for America, Europe or Korea.

Am I understanding this right? I thought Blizzard wanted to promote esports in this country?

I think State of the game covered this issue a little bit ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwNQTBoHMHU
At 38:14

Tl;DR This was essentially the start of WCS, so they're sticking to the major regions (NA, EU, and KR) but as time goes on they'll most likely expand to other regions.
Reply Quote
Blizzard dont care about Australians.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]