StarCraft® II

Busted Story Line on Char

I think that Blizzard revised the story on Char but did not get the triggers right. Originally Zagara was sent to Abathur to get upgraded because Kerrigan is grooming her to be her second in command. On the leviathan Zagara is sent to Abathur twice, once after Domination and again after Fire in the Sky.

The trigger for the cut scene after Domination seems to be busted because Zagara does not appear to start the vision quest and be sent to Abathur. The conversation between Kerrigan and Abathur is still there but seems out of context without Kerrigan and Zagara’s conversation. This makes the second scene after Fire in the Sky kind of funky and out of place also.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. I also have a problem where when I first take over the leviathan and speak to Isha before going to the evolution pit, the cut-scene introducing Abathur does not trigger. There are also two conversations with Abathur that do not trigger for some reason: the one where Abathur is reducing failed organisms to biomatter without concern for their pain and the following one where Kerrigan reads his mind and finds out that he is the one who personally twisted her into the QoB. I would love to find out what is causing this too as it is very jarring to have these elements missing.
Reply Quote
I too have noticed this inconsistency, and have reported it in the Bug Report section of the forum. I definitely remember Zagara appearing with a new conversation tag after the completion of "Domination", and I also remember the two conversations with Abathur about "failed experiments" and "anger". Instead, I get conversations about "tell me of your work", "humans to experiment on", "no other creature like you".

I also noticed that the cutscene where Abathur is introduced after traveling initially to Char/Kaldir does not get triggered as well...if you speak with Izsha first before traveling to the Evolution Pit.

Bugs were probably introduced with the latest patch. At least I'm still able to get to level 70 and unlock all seven evolution mission without problems.
Reply Quote
Something worse happened to me (was very interesting too). On my second run on hard, after the Rendezvous mission I can travel to primal planet (I think this is not possible) and when I reached there Dehaka was already in the Leviathan even without even starting the first mission. Zagara was there too.

But after this, all conversation some how where missed. Cut scenes where there.

This was before patch.
Edited by Froy on 4/11/2013 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am tired of this bug why has it not been patched yet, I mean being unable to enjoy the stoy a second time through especially if you got a slightly different planet order because you click on a building or a talk to certain npc ruins the re-playability story wise and to think I wanted to play this on brutal from the start again but by the time I got t char that ended.

Right now i ma very worked up that blizzard has been sitting on their butts on this bug The inability to enjoy the story or conversation thanks to these bugs just drains me of the desire to even try another playthrough.

Guess its time to go game else where until someone gets on this and btw after playing the campaign one time though these bugs can be reproduced over and over if a DEV is unable to even see it for themselves.
Reply Quote
I had this bug as well, but I found a temporary solution:
Completely deleting the game from the hard drive, including the save games and any other files for logs and settings that the game left behind on the computer. Then reinstalling afterwards. I must point out, that I have not tried reinstalling without deleting the save- and logfiles.
System: Max OS X 10.8.3

I know this is not preferable over a bug fix, but at least it worked for me
Reply Quote
I attempted what you suggested sadly, I still am unable to play without the story being broken, at this point I am just going to wait for however long it will take for blizzard to patch it, hopefully sooner rather then later.
Reply Quote
I'm sad to hear that.
Well, after I did what I did, I first played through WoL (for quite other reasons than this), and then I played HoTS, going to Khaldir first. That's all I know.

The bug also happened on my brother's computer, though he didn't fully patch the game.
Reply Quote
yep same glicth happen to me . . . but in a different way . . . after completing the frozen planet missions and then Primal Zerg world when i went to char and beat the first mission Zagarra appears in the intro cut scene and then she is not there and yes there is the conversation between Abathur about the modifications to the Zerg Queen
Reply Quote
Sadly no patch today again, until it is patched to fix this I won't be trying again, no suggested workarounds on the forums work right now and I rather wait, be it another week or several months so be it but again the sooner the better but I am not holding my breath at this point.
Reply Quote
2 days ago i started playing HoTS all over again (i like to record all the cutscenes and file them, damn you OCD) my first play through i did char first, followed by khaldir and finally zerus, i listened to every available conversation, after completing the game in a certain order i asked myself what would happen if i did it in a different order and if any cutscenes and conversations would be altered to make things fit.

After a small hiatus, but armed with my original recordings, I went ahead and started HoTS again and made 3 save files in order to follow the last 3 possible paths for the first missions.

My first save file starts with khaldir then char then zerus. This path yields the least amount of conversations, as you do not get zagara or dehaka as early as you could have them, i played this storyline up to after finishing all zerus missions and going for the second set of missions (dominion or lab) still have some comparing to do but there are several conversations that you miss out on obviously.

My second save file started with khaldir, then zerus, then char. This path has been pretty interesting as you turn kerrigan into the primal queen before facing general warfield, and conversations with isha go a lot differently while on char (instead of being about kerrigans memories, they are about the xel naga artifact). Additionally this path yields one of the problems described here, after completing domination, zagara is not present on the leviathan so they do not talk about their fight, she appears after the next mission though, to talk about vision and go back to abathur. Additionally during the domination mission, if you are still terran, zagara taunts your fleshy form, but if you come as the queen of blades she calls you a traitor and has some other interesting quotes. Furthermore, during the zerus missions if you have zagara she's the one who takes control of the swarm to protect kerrigans chrysalis, but in her abscence isha is the one who takes over, having her own set of lines to fill in where zagara would normally interject, even abathur addressing her directly for the bonus mission. It was most interesting to see her as the primal queen before killing warfield rather than her terran form like in my first run through (char khaldir zerus).

the only combination i have not tried is char zerus then khaldir, i will do that later.

my ocd hurts.
Reply Quote
That should have a huge impact on zerus. As we wouldnt have unlocked hydra's and roaches and therefore the primals shouldnt be able to assimilate them (Abathur dialogue).

Woah, that's a good point. I expect the story to be broken by that to be honest, or at least I don't expect Abathur to be ready with a good explanation :/
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 08:59 PMPosted by DarthTimmy
That should have a huge impact on zerus. As we wouldnt have unlocked hydra's and roaches and therefore the primals shouldnt be able to assimilate them (Abathur dialogue).

Woah, that's a good point. I expect the story to be broken by that to be honest, or at least I don't expect Abathur to be ready with a good explanation :/

yes yes, the possibilities! I may be overthinking it after the first set of missions you have the option to go rescue jim or go confront narud and add stukov. My first run through i remember i went for the lab first (even though my heart really wanted to rescue james, those pesky ultralisks and infestors called to me).

So during the narud/kerrigan face off seeing dark jim freaked me out enough to think narud had somehow cloned or even revived him as a pawn (since he's assumed dead at that point by mengks forces whom narud has "worked" for for a long time and it wouldnt be hard to have access to him even if he were a prisoner, or to his corpse if he had been killed. That scene had somewhat of an impact which quickly faded as it's obviously just the shapeshifter being a butt.

But I think that scene would have been less impactful if i had just rescued jim 5 minutes ago and left him aboard the safety of the hyperion with matt and valerian, he's not princess peach to get kidnapped by bowser the moment you leave him alone after all.

Also just straight up missing all of stukov's conversations.

I will this time rescue jim first just to see what happens though i suspect it won't be as diverse as the first set of missions.
Edited by Vanessa on 4/28/2013 11:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
But I think that scene would have been less impactful if i had just rescued jim 5 minutes ago and left him aboard the safety of the hyperion with matt and valerian, he's not princess peach to get kidnapped by bowser the moment you leave him alone after all.

I will this time rescue jim first just to see what happens though i suspect it won't be as diverse as the first set of missions.

I rescued Jim first. It just made sense to me, plus I liked the idea of having more Kerrigan levels for the Narud missions. That scene when she fought against Narud made sense to me. Jim had just dropped a bomb on her by "cutting her off" and him suddenly appearing (in a challenging posture I might add) would cause that vulnerability and confusion to sharply resurface.

I do want to replay the other way just to see the Stukov conversations. I find it annoying that they resurrected him, but he is such a nonchalant badass that it is completely forgiven.
Reply Quote

I rescued Jim first. It just made sense to me, plus I liked the idea of having more Kerrigan levels for the Narud missions. That scene when she fought against Narud made sense to me. Jim had just dropped a bomb on her by "cutting her off" and him suddenly appearing (in a challenging posture I might add) would cause that vulnerability and confusion to sharply resurface.

I do want to replay the other way just to see the Stukov conversations. I find it annoying that they resurrected him, but he is such a nonchalant badass that it is completely forgiven.

i had not considered this perspective, and perhaps you are right, i suppose it works in either direction. I just had the element of shock and surprise in my mind, but yours has that element of betrayal and retribution of jim's part.

and yea stukov conversations made me glad i did it in that order, i hate feeling like i missed out lol. But I will definitely do it your way just to see how it feels, but from what you say it will flow just as well, if not better than going for narud first.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 08:59 PMPosted by DarthTimmy

tested today, abathur still goes nuts about the hydralisk design being s'stolen' although i suppose that it's actually the other way around, since the primal zerg came first, the design already existed by the time abathur was picked up by the overmind.

Or maybe they went and goofed, it's also interesting how by going to char first as you look into the background you see a ton of overlords and mutalisks flying overhead the destroyed terran complex, despite the fact that kerrigan has no access to mutalisks at this point yet.

Right now visiting to abathur the first time you board the leviathan, without speaking to isha seems to cause the trigger issue with zagara. He introduces himself in a cutscene if you go to the pit first, but if you speak to isha he tells you about him and the cutscene for him is skipped. If you do visit the pit first, zagara will be missing after domination until after the bone trench mission.
Reply Quote
The bug I keep getting is after my first play through I no longer get the initial Abathur introduction upon entering the evolution chamber for the first time it just skips over it like i have already visited it before. I haven't noticed any other missing conversations but I'm doing another play through and as to date still have the missing Abathur intro and i will post any other missing convos i come across. However, it would be nice if blizzard would take the time to ask one of their techs to get off their asses and maybe fix this and put it in one of the several patches that have come out since Hots has launched. =} just saying
Reply Quote
Sadly with all the patched items todays patch they could not do anything to fix the missing scenes and conversations both on char and elsewhere on replaying the campaign, I can see it clear that it seems to not be a issue for blizzard which is really starting to tick me off in a bad sort of way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]