StarCraft® II

Words of top GM toss. 7gate blink allin PVZ..

7 gate blink all in™
Call now and get two free Time Warps!
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 02:32 PMPosted by BlackAdder
Why would I learn immortal sentry when the 7 gate I just described seems to work just fine?

With either one, you're dead if they spine+ling up and just hold long enough to get out mutas. ;)
EDIT: I should mention this is a big if: you are supposed to win with a blink all-in against a muta player.

I don't know if I agree, either. Firstly, 1-1 upgrades is better than blink in this situation. Second, zealots and stalkers on 7 gateways is enough to take out spine, ling, muta as long as it you get there before critical mass.

HelloKitty - I have a 7 gate muta/ling counter replay from gold league. I would love for you to send it to Husky. If possible contact me at theprobowler123@yahoo.com.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 03:07 PMPosted by hellokitty
surprised a thread about me got through this far, i generally don't hit up the blizzard forums too often

I kinda miss seeing all your posts around here so I can wonder why bronze/silver kids are arguing with you. Congrats on North America code S or whatever they are calling it! Stay there and you'll probably see more threads than you care for :D
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Macroscincus
I don't know if I agree, either. Firstly, 1-1 upgrades is better than blink in this situation. Second, zealots and stalkers on 7 gateways is enough to take out spine, ling, muta as long as it you get there before critical mass.

Blink is way better. The only reason not to press blink is if you want to do a FF-heavy sentry build. Since you have a MS-core, those aren't all-in, whereas using pure blink stalkers to hold a counter-push can mean you run out of FFs for defense.

I kinda miss seeing all your posts around here so I can wonder why bronze/silver kids are arguing with you. Congrats on North America code S or whatever they are calling it! Stay there and you'll probably see more threads than you care for :D

+1
Reply Quote
Update with the build. First game using it, messed up some. Literally facerolled the zerg, and it is definitely great micro practice! Tysm for the advised build, and nice to see you found that thread, haha. The zerg had even went swarmhost, so the push would have been smoother, but I needed to put out a robo and obs.

Again, thank you!
Reply Quote
BlackAdder - You seem like a smart guy. So tell me why blink is way better than 1-1 upgrades when the goal is to take out a zerg with ling and spines and is massing mutas and getting a third base. The attack upgrades allows zealots to kill lings in two swipes and the armor upgrades reducing the mutas attack. Explain.
Reply Quote
BlackAdder - You seem like a smart guy. So tell me why blink is way better than 1-1 upgrades when the goal is to take out a zerg with ling and spines and is massing mutas and getting a third base. The attack upgrades allows zealots to kill lings in two swipes and the armor upgrades reducing the mutas attack. Explain.

Well, read the build. It's not an either/or choice: HelloKitty does 4-gate +1 attack pressure to force early lings, builds 3 more gates, then comes back with +2 attack and blink with zealots in front.
So then then the question is:
Would you rather have +2 attack and blink (reduces number of shots for stalkers to kill zerglings or at least counters +1 carapace) or 1/1 and an extra 250 gas from not getting TC/blink?
And the basic answer is that stalkers are *much* more effective with blink, if your blink micro is good. I've seen good players take down Zergs that have a 50 supply lead in roaches with good blink micro.
So if you are BabyKnight or HelloKitty, you get blink and do really well. And if not, well.. you do something else that doesn't tax your APM as much :)
Reply Quote

1-1 upgrade is useless when you try to dodge roach attacks with blink, plus the 1 armor is only good at small number situations, forcefield and blink is good enough to mitigate the damage, the extra 100 mineral and gas can be used for mothership core, which gives you 2 time warps and some extra dps. damage is worth more than sustainability because zerg will out macro you if you dont kill them fast enough with the timing.
Reply Quote
I exclusively did this build, but in HOTS it's shut down by any swarm host play. It's because this all in has ZERO detection and cannot attack up any ramp that has swarm host protection.
Reply Quote
I exclusively did this build, but in HOTS it's shut down by any swarm host play. It's because this all in has ZERO detection and cannot attack up any ramp that has swarm host protection.

This is a build you do vs gasless 3 hatch. You never wanna all in 2 base lair. 3hatch quick sawmhost is autoloss to this build because they won't have enough roaches to defend your second wave of attack even if they have swarmhost. Besides textbook zvp is about teching if they take 3rd if they don't u pump out enough units for all in so u rest shouldnt see swarm host early unless its 2 base lair so ur response is don't do the build play defensive go robo or stargate scout and react.
Reply Quote
Isn't it kind of obvious that you will win if you are better, unless you run a build that makes no sense?
Reply Quote
Mass Ling/bling Borrowed untill stalker walks over the mine field..... GG zerg wins no micro needed
Reply Quote
Isn't it kind of obvious that you will win if you are better, unless you run a build that makes no sense?

I wouldn't necessarily equate a "conflippy build" with "one that makes no sense". And if you really beleived that, you wouldn't need BoX matches in tournaments, or expect dumb losses on ladder because of stupid, uncharacteristic maistakes.
Edited by BlackAdder on 4/17/2013 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Macroscincus
This is kind of an expansion to this thread and one of my own. I think 7 gate with 1-1 upgrades is easier to pull off than immortal sentry in PvZ.

Because the +2 attack lets the stalkers kill the lings in THREE shots, instead of 4.

Also, blink allows you to blink into the main and back out, AND it lets you blink micro (blink back the weakened stalkers). With good micro, the blink lets your stalkers survive a lot longer than +1 armor and no blink.
Reply Quote
Because the +2 attack lets the stalkers kill the lings in THREE shots, instead of 4.

Also, blink allows you to blink into the main and back out, AND it lets you blink micro (blink back the weakened stalkers). With good micro, the blink lets your stalkers survive a lot longer than +1 armor and no blink.
Reply Quote
Its really pathetic that A. you don't know this build and B. you are fascinated by a vanilla blink all in thats been around for 3 years.
Reply Quote
Its really pathetic that A. you don't know this build and B. you are fascinated by a vanilla blink all in thats been around for 3 years.

it's a lot more tempting now that the pvz meta is in tatters.
Reply Quote
7 gate blink +2 all in is a great build, and as long as you're good it should win a lot...not all the time. It has a really hard dealing with ling hydra in HotS. Just my experience.
Reply Quote
7 gate blink +2 all in is a great build, and as long as you're good it should win a lot...not all the time. It has a really hard dealing with ling hydra in HotS. Just my experience.

thats why your first 4 zealots with +1 should do damage
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 01:41 PMPosted by hellokitty

thats why your first 4 zealots with +1 should do damage

Seriously. Gateway pressure timings are really strong in HoTS right now, because a lot of Zergs are just skipping Roach production and going straight into Lair tech. Even if they make Roaches, they have to cut drones to hold the pressures off, and the MSC makes it even more annoying to deal with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]