StarCraft® II

Why this game is bull

HAHAHA plat is no better in teams.

"dude I am going to cannon rush".

I look over to see 2 cannons on the low ground with no vision and no probe in their base...awesome.

I put on some early aggression in hopes everyone expands.....no one does then a minute later "lets attack"....we dead.

Teams are for fun and stupidity, just grin, laugh, and hit the button again.
Reply Quote
wanna play with me so i can make fun of how bad you are? stop being a douche, get some friends, and play the game, kthxbai
Reply Quote
The two people I usually play with are in the national guard so weekends IM usually a lone ranger with no one to play with on Saturday / sunday

No seriously the other teams are rushing all at once with max armies. Then I check there profiles and there like masters 1v1 and crap like that. Or have insane micro skills, how do I post a replay so I can show you what I am talking about?

The bolded part made me LOL. If your teamates suck then compenate for their suckyness and win the game anyways. Dont just sit there and wait in your base getting to a max army, while your teamates are fighting out on the map.
Edited by Millz on 4/20/2013 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Alright, back from the gym, had to clear my head because I was so frustrated.

No I do not wait to get max army to push, i typicall do a 4 gate, get two waves of units, push out kill an expansion or two while grabbing mine. Get that expansion up put up some robotics bays
get two observers scout for expansions while adding more gateways and an army built up while teammates sit back and do nothing.

1 person can not make up for 3 people, and the thing im just upset about is the fact that I know I am not a good a good player, and the people that I play with are not either, it is just infuriating when the teams I go against are masters players.....

that is what i think is bull
Reply Quote
I actually agree it happened to me. One night i got double promoted into plat 2v2 and then im losing 10 in a row because my teamates dont know good macro skills.
Reply Quote
This thread again lol.

+ wanting ppl to take team games seriously will never happen so dont be mad team games are a time to chill out and be relaxed
Reply Quote
T-t...team games...?

NO one takes them seriously, even the players... me and my friend tried to observer rush once and create a "predator" effect for the lulz.

We are often called n00bz and asked to leave many of our games because people like you take these waay too seriously.

tldr: Team games aren't taken seriously, even by team game players. And it's often just to lul around with friends.
Reply Quote
OK zerglor, i get that you want to feel all high and mighty and !@#$, but I am complaining about how me being a bad player, is getting matched against considerably better players. It would be like you having your first fight as an amateur fighter and having to fight a %^-*ing black belt in BJJ

or you having to play footbal against an NFL team with highschool players

but as far as being a bad player, compared to the teammates I get I am a god

The game is designed to pit you against someone better than you, because that's how you get better!

curious about this statement

do you have data to support this view, or is it just that you're towing the general consensus that seems to make sense?

playing harder against someone better vs. playing lazy because someone isn't as good might seem like common sense to some, but it's not at all fact.

someone needs to design a binomial experiment and test this.

reality and what one thinks is how this outta be/work aren't always the same thing, bro.
Reply Quote
I had under 30% win rate in 4v4 earlier this season...

Then I was like @#$% it, and decided to go early aggression every game, since it seems that the majority of players I get paired with have no hope in longer games, or the ones that stand a chance at longer games build roughly 0 combat units in the first 10 minutes ~_~
Reply Quote

The game is designed to pit you against someone better than you, because that's how you get better!

curious about this statement

do you have data to support this view, or is it just that you're towing the general consensus that seems to make sense?

playing harder against someone better vs. playing lazy because someone isn't as good might seem like common sense to some, but it's not at all fact.

someone needs to design a binomial experiment and test this.

reality and what one thinks is how this outta be/work aren't always the same thing, bro.

Your MMR will always make you fight someone either at the same level, or higher then you, as you ladder have you never noticed how you get paired with players your league, but then gradually play people who are a league higher then you?, this is well known through-out the community.
Reply Quote
Well there was a point at which I was bronze 1v1 and diamond 2v2... if that tells you something about how much skill team games take if you play them right. It is easy to get a good team rank.
Edited by Dragonosh on 5/5/2013 7:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Team games are a joke. Yesterday, my buddy and I went from bronze placement to top 8 diamond with nothing but cheesy all ins. Except for a few circumstances, one person cannot stop two people rushing them unless you know exactly what is coming and when it's going to hit.

Like I said, team games are a joke. It's not even Starcraft.
Reply Quote
Ignore all the elitist morons who think they're Internet gangsters by saying team games are a joke and its 1v1 or nothing. Starcraft is a game and is meant for fun, if you have fun playing 1v1 then play 1v1 which the game is balanced around; if you have fun playing team games, play team games, but if you play with a random team expect to have to pick up their slack because odds are they will do something ridiculous.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Greyheart
I seriously do not understand this game at all.

Team games are a mess, and people get promoted due to being carried.
Reply Quote
No one is saying team games aren't fun. It isn't Starcraft though. You can't take a game balanced around 1v1 and throw in 6 other players and expect it to work the same.
Reply Quote
Unranked, Team games, talking about matchmaking. Ler.

Oh and if your bad its going to give you bad teammates.
Reply Quote
the main point of team games is to blame your partners for being bad while preserving your own ego (or to cheese hardcore). so get used to feeling like this, and know that your teammates probably feel the same way about you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]