StarCraft® II

Skip launcher

So I have an issue...I like to use my steam overlay for games so I can screenshot/talk with friends/web browse without much lag (Especially for cutscenes, the lag spikes for half a second in HOTS thanks to the weird FPS issues inherent in hots right now as well as whats encountered when using prntscrn are a nightmare, and even without using it a few cutscenes have gone wacko). I used to have a working steam overlay for SC2, but now with hots released it wont work....
I used to have this issue on Diablo 3 last year. I learned that adding -launch to the target/command bit could let it skip launcher directly, open game, and let me use steam overlay. Still works too. And if updates are available, it'll just open launcher instead n let me update....

However it doesn't work on SC2. It'll open launcher anyway (And speaking of that, even a normal exe open has it have this strange little rectangle box with the SC2 logo saying "Checking battle.net for updates" EVERY time....doesn't it check IN the launcher not spend 15 seconds checking in another little box before opening client to check again?)

So uh....what gives? Why can't I skip launcher...and why does it check for updates twice in 2 different boxes every time I start up?
Reply Quote
Anyone?

Just wondering if there's a way to the skip the launcher like you can with Diablo 3....
Reply Quote
Try launching SC2Swicher.exe
StarCraft II\Support\SC2Switcher.exe
Reply Quote
Thank god for google. Solved my problem in 30 seconds.

Thanks eld!
Reply Quote
Thanks eld, and then I guess if I ever launch starcraft and there is an update how will I know? Will I simply not be able to sign in?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]