StarCraft® II

Freezes on Checking for updates

Followed everything mentioned in this thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6298041560
Followed Blizzards own guide here, https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/blizzard-update-agent-troubleshooting

I can't get the game to even reinstall after I uninstalled it since whenever I download the game client, it just hangs up on Checking for updates....

The game worked fine about 2 weeks ago without a problem.

Quick edit: Windows 7 with MSE running which I disabled
Edited by InPlainSight on 4/7/2013 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am also getting the same problem, It was working for me a few days ago and then when I tried to install the update, nothing. I even uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it and somehow the updater shows up and doesn't make any progress.

Another thing is that I running on a new computer that I got literally 4 days ago, I have Windows 8 operating system and everything else under the sun I have works.
Reply Quote
Yep, my problem exactly, just Windows 7 instead of Windows 8. Apparently this is happening to a few people for Blizzard games across the board (look at the WoW forum). Fun stuff :/
Reply Quote
Bump...
Reply Quote
I had to reformat my computer and now it wont even download the game, just stays at 0 at the total download remaining at the launcher.
Reply Quote
I'd say it's time for another bump.
Reply Quote
I don't have access to an ethernet cable that is long enough to reach my desktop, but I don't see why changing the way I access the internet would change anything. I could delete and reinstall my entire steam library of 100+ games without a hiccup, yet I can't get a single blizzard game to download and I'm not alone with the problem.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I don't have access to an ethernet cable that is long enough to reach my desktop

What's the make and model of your router and modem, InPlainSight?

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'
Reply Quote
A Q1000
http://qwest.centurylink.com/internethelp/modem-q1000.html
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you make sure ports 3724, 1119, and 6881-6999 are being forwarded to your computer's current IP address?

http://www.actiontec.com/products/datasheets/Q1000QwPortForwardHowto.pdf

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'
Reply Quote
Should I use TCP or UDP? Or by some really odd chance GRE?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You can set it to Both TCP and UDP. If there's isn't that option, choose TCP.

Reply Quote
Didn't work.
http://s14.postimg.org/4p6sdw2ap/Blizzard.jpg
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let's try these steps:

1) Verify these Proxy settings, and make sure Internet Explorer is not set to 'Work Offline.'
2) Verify that the Secondary Logon Service is running.

Reply Quote
Tried both on and off again, no results, and Secondary Logon Service is automatic and started, so that's already running.
Reply Quote
I have this same problem but I almost sure it has nothing to do with internet connection. I can sometimes get the updater to to finish by putting scII into compatibility mode with windows xp service pack 3. Usually after I do that the stupid blizzard launcher will update, I close it, then un check the run in compatibility mode box, reopen scII and it works. Sometimes I have to go back and forth a few times between compatibility mode and regular to get it to finish updating. Blizzards crappy launcher/updater is to blame not our internet connection.
Reply Quote
Guys open Internet Explorer, not google chrome or firefox just IE... and just go to facebook or something real quick then try to open it again. I have no idea why it works but it does.
Reply Quote
Make sure you exit out of IE and close all tabs when it prompts you to then retry starting the game... It's stupid how easy this fix was unsure what the cause was though?
Reply Quote
So, the internet explorer thing works. Didn't expect that at all, but many thanks to you SanemMyName.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]