StarCraft® II

The Reawakened War (PRP Thread)

“Wake up…..” You hear the words echo in your mind, but lose the rest of the sentence. At first, you don’t understand them, not comprehending their meaning. “Wake up…… you right now.”

You open your eyes, and see a room. It is a bright white, with a grey ring on the ground around you. You look around, and see those similar to you, individuals in a suit with armor platting attached at various points, some with more armor than others. The voice, coming from a female, comes back to your ear.

“Are you awake? Hang on, trying to improve the connection to your suits at this moment.” After a few seconds, the voice returns to your head, clearer. “Good, you’re awake. Do you remember anything about yourself? You don’t need to say it, but if you want to, you can. For now, I’m trying to get your suit in sync with you again. Just follow my instructions until I can confirm you are set.” A HUD flickers on, then turns off.

“Your suits haven’t been active for a while. They are a bit slow turning back on.” The voice relays, and the HUD comes back on at full power.

“Follow my instructions, and we should have you back into the fight. Believe me, we need all the help we can get."

Welcome! This is the PRP thread. First, few things you need to know:

Every suit has control of an element. You can choose not to use an element, but you will need to describe what this specific thing your chose does. Ice is the only element that is not usable for this RP.

No one has memories immediately of their previous life. This will be revealed at certain times of my choosing. You may also choose to not reveal your history at all, as is your choice. You will all be in armor, so the description of self will be limited by that.

This is an RP of choice. You may choose to be stealthy in your missions, or you can go guns blazing, but not both. Other RPers may choose the same, however, once you are spotted, the WHOLE TEAM is spotted, regardless if they have encountered someone or not

Elements would include: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Lightning, Magnetic, Poison.
Specializations is anything that doesn't fall under the Elements category .

Sheet:

^RPer Name^
Name: (You may choose a real name; however, you will be referred to by your Codename)
Weapons: (Pistol, Ranged (Such as Sniper Rifle, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, ect.) and Melee)
Element/Specialization: (What element you use, or what you use if you don’t choose an element)
Abilities: (Four to start, you may get more. Must reflect on Element/Specialization)
Physical Appearance: (How you look in the suit, colors, ect)
Backstory: (Self-Explanatory)

For those who choose not to use an element, here is an example(You may use it, but change the weapons and name, please.)

^Jester^
Name: Wraith
Weapons: Lako Hand Cannon, Powered Bow+Arrow, Sokol Long Sword
Element/Specialization: Sound
Abilities:
Scream: Wraith unleashes a loud scream, augmenting it with ultrasound reverberations, injuring nearby enemies in a large radius.
Sonar: Wraith can ping the surrounding area with sound, spotting enemies.
Silence: Can deafen enemies, lowing their awareness of allies and enemies.
Shatter: Focuses a sound blast, instantly shattering shields and stunning a target
Physical Appearance: Female of light build, slightly muscular. White suit with a rhombus shoulder on left side, with a fin-like helmet, the fin pointing backward. White armor on her arms, legs, feet, and little plating on her chest and back. 6' even
Backstory: N/A
Edited by Jester on 4/14/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Character List:
^Zarkun^
Name: Joseph "Grinder" Gregory
Weapons: .45 Revolver, Hunter Compound Bow and interchangeable arrowheads, Forgonian Claymore
Specialization: Shadow
Abilities: Entangle: Uses the shadows to entangle a foe, rooting vehicles and tripping infantry.
Silent Killing: Envelops a room in shadow, limiting sight so that nothing can be seen very far in any direction.
Shielding Shadows: Can use the Shadows to create a shield.
Shadow Blades: When disarmed completely, can use the shadows to wield two sword like weapons. When armed only with the Claymore, all attacks weaken an enemies resolve to fight.
Physical Appearance: Armor color is black with a read crest on the helmet, when the helmet is down, has black eyes with jet black hair, reflecting his use of the shadows, has a triangular scar on the left cheek. Stands 6' 4"
Backstory: Always preferred the dark, even as a child. He's never had issues with light of any kind, just liked the shadows. Joined up when he learned of the opportunities offered.

^DeadViper^
Name: Drake "Scythe" Vollum
Weapons: Semiautomatic "Executioner" (Shotgun Pistol), Long range semi-auto Sniper Rifle w/ Silencer, Bone wrist blades.
Specialization: Death
Abilities:
Soul Drain- (Passive) As "Scythe" fights an opponent he slowly drains away their life force. Therefore the longer he fights an opponent the weaker the enemy gets, and the stonger Scythe gets. Only affects melee combat.
Reaper Sight- Scythe can augment his vision to be able to spot living things in complete darkness or even through walls.
Wither- Using his affinity with death, Scythe can channel his energy into gradually aging an an opponent greatly, even to the point of death. He is vulnerable while channeling this ability.
Grow Bone Blades- When in close quarters with an enemy he can cause his arm bones, at great pain to himself, to grow and erupt forth out of his armor into jaggd, extremely stong bone blades. (Think Wolverine meets Assassin's Creed)
Physical Appearance: Scythe is about 6' 5" and is very slender. His armor is black with white trim and is less thick and heavy to permit range of movement and great agility.
Backstory: Don't have one right now.

^ShadowFury^
Name: "Ardeo"
Weapons: Orsinius Revolver, Ignus Rush Shotgun, Blazing War Mace
Element/Specialization: Fire

Abilities:
Hellish Thorns (Passive): Enemies who strike "Ardeo" in melee combat will be given a fiery backlash.
Inferno: The target area will erupt into a blazing inferno.
Solar Flare: A burning hot bolt of energy is blasted towards target.
Personal Hell (Passive): Those who are hit by one of the damaging abilities of "Ardeo" will be set on fire, causing them to take more damage over time, and when nearing another opponent of "Ardeo" they will put them under the effects of Personal Hell.

Physical Appearance: Primarily red armor with orange trims and a yellow visor. Appearance similar to this: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/d5c4bfdd-c707-4b86-bed8-606dba798830/fotus Bears an emblem of a Jaguar(Black) curled up in the sun(White).

Backstory: Purged.
DM note: Male
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^ShadowFury^
Name: "Collisio"
Weapons: Morsi Automatic Pistol, Tornado Assault Rifle, Thunder Charged Jian
Element/Specialization: Lightning

Abilities:
Thundercloud: A dark cloud will form around target area, both stopping sight in and out of it, and storming thunder upon the area, dealing damage to enemies within.
Thunder: A wave of force pushes from around "Collisio", shoving opponents back from him, and disorienting them.
Lightning Strike: A powerful bolt of electricity is fired from "Collisio" upon an enemy, dealing great amounts of damage.
Fried Nerves (Passive): Those who withstand electrical damage from "Collisio" have a chance of either being paralyzed or being struck by spasms due to the electrical shock.

Physical Appearance: A suit of black as the main color with a yellow trimming and blue visor that looks like this: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/fdda7fb8-d9f7-4cbd-b14e-f0db27b9e007/engineer Bears a symbol of a sword (white) crackling with electricity (blue)

Backstory: Purged
DM Note: Female

^Caprindo^
Name: Nikku Baranlim / Agent Ashes
Weapons: Tranquilizer Z4-10, (Semi-automatic, Self Explanatory) Bolter Z4-13 (Bolt action, very powerful, very accurate, long reload) Injector-Staff (Self explainitory, 15 charges before battery needs to recharge.
Element: Poison, Atrophy

Abilities:
Poisoned Shot: Any spike fired by the Tranquilizer or Bolter will affect the area by destroying most of the muscle mass. Does not affect Brain or nervous systems, allowing the target to feel the pain of losing muscles.
Muscle Damper: Nikku damages the neurons leading to the muscles, casuing a slower reaction time for the effected.
Hamstring: When Nikku strikes a target in melee, the Injector-Staff shocks the muscle into uncontrollable stiffness, forcing target to use that limb as if it couldn't move the muscles.
To Dust: When muscles are affected by Nikku's abilities, the effects spread to heart, causing blood to flow slower and tiring the target.

Physical Appearance: Dark purple armor with Green Nightshade insignia on shoulders and knees. One spike on left knee, two on each gauntlet pointing to the elbow. Right knee has a studded design, each with small tips. Armor is thinner than normal marines, but bears the marks of all of the horrors of war on chest-plate. Face-plate has a design of red sakura leaves falling.

Backstory: After being marooned by his trader crew for poisoning several of the ship's krath hounds, Nikku joined the Corps of Tarsonis, seeing that the only sign of civilization was in a small outpost. All of his paychecks go towards developing new and vile concoctions.

^Steelwolf^
Name: Aya 'Lotus" Misoko
Weapons: .50 sniper rifle with scope. Small axe for melee. Pistol will be a 10mm like something from fallout
Specialization: Life and Nature
Abilities:
Healing- (Active) Aya is able to heal people though a mixture of herbal knowledge and life skills.
Rapid Over-Growth- (Active) Aya always carries around a pouch of seedlings that she cared for. When used she can entangle enemies in vines and over grown landscape
Detect life- (Passive) One with Nature one with Life Aya can feel the life of everything and anything around her
One with Nature-(Passive) When in natural area's Aya becomes stronger and more energized. Increase in attack speed and damage plus bonus to energy and life regenration
Physical Apperance: Aya is 5'3 japanese/French apperance. She has silky hair with a brown earthy tone. Her eyes are bright brown. Aya is very bookish looking. Her armor is (Working on it give me a while)
Backstory- N/A will add more during the rp

^TheLostMorph^
Name: Jack "Magneton" Zareese
Weapons: Magnum, Katana, Plasma Rifle (Full-auto, Semi-auto or single fire)
Element/Specialization: Magnetism
Abilities:
Magnetic Acceleration: Magnetically accelerates target allowing for faster run and higher/longer jumps.
Polarity Shield: high Magnetic polarity repels projectiles.
Magnetic detection: (Passive) Allows sensing of magnetic fields given off by objects and creatures. also allows 'sight' of electromagnetic waves.
Polarity Bomb: a small highly concentrated ball of magnetic energy that 'explodes' and polarizes any metal within 20 feet.
Physical Appearance: Well muscled but not overly so, 6' even out of armor, Armor and rifle look like http://www.wallpapersbot.com/view-wallpaper_section_8_02-1280x800.html, brown crest on armor shoulders, brown eyes, short cropped red hair,
Backstory: [Data Corrupted]
^TheLostMorph^
Name: Sara "Stalker" Kator
Weapons: Hidden blades, K-68 'Grim Reaper' semi-auto silenced pistol, Powered Recurve Bow with multi function Arrows
Element/Specialization: Stealth, Assassin
Abilities:
Nanite Armor: Armor capable of changing its properties with input from user. From seeming to not be there to looking like enemy armor. Changes last up to 12 hours before reverting unless reverted early by the user.
Advanced Stealth field: Similar to a normal cloak but is immune to many forms of detection. life signs detectors, most motion detectors, and many inferred sensors.
Master assassin(Passive): Master of small arms and hand to hand combat. Great infiltration and stealth skills. Light or medium armor generally worn. high survivability even against many enemies (yes I know there is a point where even a master assassin will be too outnumbered). Can assassinate an enemy and disappear before anyone knows what happened.
Bio-nanite regeneration: Bio-nanites in body help with regeneration but only for minor injuries.
Physical Appearance: 5'8", long purple hair, Armor: http://avitus12.deviantart.com/art/female-battle-suit-consept-Valkyrie-266857105?moodonly=24 with War Pig like helmet, Assassins symbol on gauntlets and thigh armor, well toned athletic build,
Backstory: Lives by what she calls 'The Creed'. [Data on Creed Corrupted] Calm reliable personality yet known to get angry at cruelty to innocents and civilian casualties. [Further Data Corrupted]
Edited by Jester on 4/16/2013 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmmmmm....suppose I can give it a go.

^Zarkun^
Weapons: .45 Revolver, Hunter Compound Bow and interchangeable arrowheads, Forgonian Claymore
Abilities: Entangle: Uses the shadows to entangle a foe, rooting vehicles and tripping infantry.
Silent Killing: Envelops a room in shadow, muting sound and limits sight so that nothing can be seen very far in any direction and the screams of the dying are unheard.
Shadow Blades: When disarmed completely, can use the shadows to wield two sword like weapons. When armed only with the Claymore, all attacks weaken an enemies resolve to fight.
Physical Appearance: Armor color is black with a read crest on the helmet, when the helmet is down, has black eyes with jet black hair, reflecting his use of the shadows, has a triangular scar on the left cheek. Stands 6' 4"
Backstory: Always preferred the dark, even as a child. He's never had issues with light of any kind, just liked the shadows. Joined up when he learned of the opportunities offered.
Reply Quote

^Zarkun^
Silent Killing: Envelops a room in shadow, muting sound and limits sight so that nothing can be seen very far in any direction and the screams of the dying are unheard.

Your character uses shadows and shouldn't be able to mute sound without the help of an individual that uses Sound.
Otherwise, it is good. I have made an edit to the ability, then added your character to the list.
Edited by Jester on 4/14/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm.. creating a character and i was wondering... am i allowed to choose "death" as my element?
Reply Quote
Death would not fall under the element category. If you can provide some examples of abilities, I may allow it as a specialization.
Edited by Jester on 4/14/2013 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How about this?

Weapons: Semiautomatic "Executioner" (Shotgun Pistol), Long range semi-auto Sniper Rifle w/ Silencer, Bone wrist blades.
Abilities:
Soul Drain- (Passive) As "Scythe" fights an opponent he slowly drains away their life force. Therefore the longer he fights an opponent the weaker the enemy gets, and the stonger Scythe gets. Only affects melee combat.
Detect Life- Scythe can augment his vision to be able to spot living things in complete darkness or even through walls.
Wither- Using his affinity with death, Scythe can channel his energy into gradually aging an an opponent greatly, even to the point of death. He is vulnerable while channeling this ability.
Grow Bone Blades- When in close quarters with an enemy he can cause his arm bones, at great pain to himself, to grow and erupt forth out of his armor into jagged, extremely strong bone blades. (Think Wolverine meets Assassin's Creed)
Physical Appearance: Scythe is about 6' 5" and is very slender. His armor is black with white trim and is less thick and heavy to permit range of movement and great agility.

Note to DM- Fixed
Edited by DeadViper on 4/14/2013 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How about this?

Weapons: Semiautomatic "Executioner" (Shotgun Pistol), C-10 Canister Rifle w/ Silencer, Bone wrist blades.
Abilities:
Soul Drain- (Passive) As "Scythe" fights an opponent he slowly drains away their life force. Therefore the longer he fights an opponent the weaker the enemy gets, and the stonger Scythe gets.
Detect Life- Scythe can augment his vision to be able to spot living things in complete darkness or even through walls.
Grow Bone Blades- When in close quarters with an enemy he can cause his arm bones, at great pain to himself, to grow and erupt forth out of his armor into jaggd, extremely stong bone blades. (Think Wolverine meets Assassin's Creed)

OK, looks fine, but few problems with me.
Soul Drain: Since it re-enforces your own strength, then something must be penalized for it, or it must be reverted to life-steal.
Weapons: You don't have to keep in line with SC universe weapons, FYI.

Other than those two, it is good.
Reply Quote
You don't have to keep in line with SC universe weapons, FYI.

Oh well i know that i just didn't know of any real-life sniper rifles haha.

Well i was thinking the balance on Soul Drain would be that it is a rather slow effect and the benefits wouldn't be noticeable immediately. Basically stalling in combat=good for my char. But if you still feel changes are needed it can just be life steal
Reply Quote
04/14/2013 02:40 PMPosted by DeadViper
You don't have to keep in line with SC universe weapons, FYI.

Oh well i know that i just didn't know of any real-life sniper rifles haha.

Well i was thinking the balance on Soul Drain would be that it is a rather slow effect and the benefits wouldn't be noticeable immediately. Basically stalling in combat=good for my char. But if you still feel changes are needed it can just be life steal

Don't need real-life weapons either, just give a name to a weapon (And describe the function a bit (Bolt-action, semi-auto, ect)) and put it on the list.

Decision: Soul Drain will only affect Melee-combat. Ranged combat will be unaffected by Soul Drain.
Edited by Jester on 4/14/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Decision: Soul Drain will only affect Melee-combat. Ranged combat will be unaffected by Soul Drain.

Good enough!

EDIT: I fixed my original list
Edited by DeadViper on 4/14/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Then it is good. Adding now to the list, once we get more, we'll start.
Reply Quote
^ShadowFury^
Name: "Ardeo"
Weapons: Orsinius Revolver, Ignus Rush Shotgun, Blazing War Mace
Element/Specialization: Fire

Abilities:
Hellish Thorns (Passive): Enemies who strike "Ardeo" in melee combat will be given a fiery backlash.
Inferno: The target area will erupt into a blazing inferno.
Solar Flare: A burning hot bolt of energy is blasted towards target.
Personal Hell (Passive): Those who are hit by one of the damaging abilities of "Ardeo" will be set on fire, causing them to take more damage over time, and when nearing another opponent of "Ardeo" they will put them under the effects of Personal Hell.

Physical Appearance: Primarily red armor with orange trims and a yellow visor. Appearance similar to this: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/d5c4bfdd-c707-4b86-bed8-606dba798830/fotus Bears an emblem of a Jaguar(Black) curled up in the sun(White).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^ShadowFury^
Name: "Collisio"
Weapons: Morsi Automatic Pistol, Tornado Assault Rifle, Thunder Charged Jian
Element/Specialization: Lightning

Abilities:
Thundercloud: A dark cloud will form around target area, both stopping sight in and out of it, and storming thunder upon the area, dealing damage to enemies within.
Thunder: A wave of force pushes from around "Collisio", shoving opponents back from him, and disorienting them.
Lightning Strike: A powerful bolt of electricity is fired from "Collisio" upon an enemy, dealing great amounts of damage.
Fried Nerves (Passive): Those who withstand electrical damage from "Collisio" have a chance of either being paralyzed or being struck by spasms due to the electrical shock.

Physical Appearance: A suit of black as the main color with a yellow trimming and blue visor that looks like this: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/fdda7fb8-d9f7-4cbd-b14e-f0db27b9e007/engineer Bears a symbol of a sword (white) crackling with electricity (blue)

Edited by ShadowFury on 4/14/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Good, SF. Adding characters to the list. Just need two more RPers, then I think we'll be good to go.
Edited by Jester on 4/14/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^Caprindo^
Weapons: Tranquilizer Z4-10, (Semi-automatic, Self Explanatory) Bolter Z4-13 (Bolt action, very powerful, very accurate, long reload) Injector-Staff (Self explainitory, 15 charges before battery needs to recharge.

Abilities:
Poisoned Shot: Any spike fired by the Tranquilizer or Bolter will affect the area by destroying most of the muscle mass. Does not affect Brain or nervous systems, allowing the target to feel the pain of losing muscles.
Muscle Damper: Nikku damages the neurons leading to the muscles, casuing a slower reaction time for the effected.
Hamstring: When Nikku strikes a target in melee, the Injector-Staff shocks the muscle into uncontrollable stiffness, forcing target to use that limb as if it couldn't move the muscles.
To Dust: When muscles are affected by Nikku's abilities, the effects spread to heart, causing blood to flow slower and tiring the target.

Physical Appearance: Dark purple armor with Green Nightshade insignia on shoulders and knees. One spike on left knee, two on each gauntlet pointing to the elbow. Right knee has a studded design, each with small tips. Armor is thinner than normal marines, but bears the marks of all of the horrors of war on chest-plate. Face-plate has a design of red sakura leaves falling.

Backstory: After being marooned by his trader crew for poisoning several of the ship's krath hounds, Nikku joined the Corps of Tarsonis, seeing that the only sign of civilization was in a small outpost. All of his paychecks go towards developing new and vile concoctions.
Edited by Caprindo on 4/14/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll make a char ... not entirely sure how soon though.
Reply Quote
^Caprindo^

Abilities:
Poisoned Shot: Any spike fired by the Tranquilizer or Bolter will affect the area by destroying most of the muscle mass. 75 percentile chance of affect. Does not affect Brain or nervous systems, allowing the target to feel the pain of losing muscles.
Muscle Stimulator: Super-charges target ally's muscles when given directly to target. Will cause pain in aftermath, but not fatal or permanent damage.
To Dust: When muscles are affected by Nikku's abilities, 10 percentile chance of the effect spreading to heart, causing blood to flow slower and tiring the target.

Backstory: After being marooned by his trader crew for poisoning several of the ship's krath hounds, Nikku joined the Corps, seeing that the only sign of civilization was in a small outpost. All of his paychecks go towards developing new and vile concoctions.

Most of there abilities focuses on chance. Remove/replace/edit. I won't sit here and decide chance at all, mostly cause this is an RP.
Muscle Stimulator: This ability makes the least amount of sense considering the theme you go after. This would only help melee characters, and they would suffer for it, as apposed to just killing them outright. Replace/remove
Final thing, not really relevant to fixing the character: Explain what this Corps is.
Edited by Jester on 4/14/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry. Just don't know what the average power level is, didn't want to be immensly overpowered.
Edited by Caprindo on 4/14/2013 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not even started the RP, so the OCC isn't needed here. Plus, this is a PRP thread.

Looks fine, adding.
Reply Quote
Hmm... I'll see if I can get something up later.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]