StarCraft® II

How to make a changing data reference

Howdy,

I am currently having difficulty with an issue in the map I'm making. The heroes in the map have both ranged and melee weapons, but because they have attributes, both weapons cannot show up in-game. I was hoping to display the melee's info with the ranged weapon's stuff using data references, but I am having some trouble. Each time the unit levels up, it gains attribute points that increase damage and attack speed, but when I use a data reference for the melee weapon, the damage and speed never change in game. I thought to do a formula incorporating the unit's attribute multiplied by each point's increase in damage, but there is no way to reference the unit's attributes in data referencing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Hmmmm.......I could be wrong, but does simply referring the unit's damage effect directly not work? If not, then I don't have much else to suggest. All I would do in that case is refer the base damage of the melee weapon, and indicate how much the damage increases with every strength point.
Reply Quote
Yeah, the simple referral doesn't do it, it just stays at the base damage. I think I've decided to cover the unit info panel with a dialogue that I can constantly update and display the info I want. Thanks for your reply though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]