StarCraft® II

Getting stomped by oracles

3 games in a row most recently to be exact. What are some decent eco that can defend oracles? Thanks.
Reply Quote
widow mines 1 shot oracle, do a 15 oc build with the 13 gas and get a factory before you expand

htoMario has a pretty great build that leads into a macro game off a factory

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJaXLIZmmxA
Reply Quote
widow mines 1 shot oracle, do a 15 oc build with the 13 gas and get a factory before you expand

htoMario has a pretty great build that leads into a macro game off a factory

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJaXLIZmmxA

muchas gracias

I'm actually about to try 1 rax fe, and then get bunkers in my mineral line after a 2nd rax is down.
Edited by Tikal on 4/18/2013 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
HtoMario's build works pretty well and doesn't make you as exposed as 1rax FE
Reply Quote
I think 1 rax fe should be dying now in the tvp match up. you need to get that gas for WM or reactored marines to push away any oracles, MSC, stalker harass.

Theres also a build where you get a fast eng bay to put down a turret early.
Reply Quote
Its possible to defend with a 1 rax fe gasless, not easy though.

You have to scout it and be positioned correctly If you make a single mistake you lose though but I prefer playing like that.
Reply Quote
Picked this up from Mtl:

10 Depot
12 Rax
12 Gas (you will cut SCVs for a tad, not a big deal)
15 Reaper/OC
@50 gas (100 total), pull SCVs off
Reactor on Rax
CC

NOTE: The reaper is primarily for scouting. If he doesn't have solid enough defense (I.E. no stalker), then micro around and snipe a few probes. You need to look for GAS primarily. If you scout 2 gas on your first run, and he's missing a 3rd pylon, then he's proxy oracling. 2 gas but good pylon count and no expo, then inbase Stargate or Blink is coming up.
1 Gas or No gas = Expo

If 0/1 gas:
Standard play. 2x rax and then put SCVs back on and take second gas. Eng. Bay, then factory/starport w/reactor swap. 10 minute push: Drop in his main and attack at front simultaneously. Preserve units rather than do damage.

If 2 gas:
Put SCVs back on gas and take 2nd gas. Factory and then 1x rax. Widow off of the factory ASAP and start Stim. Burrow the widow in your line and get Marauders. Keep tabs on his nat. either he's Terrible and will expo off of a fast 2 gas, or he's proxy oracle/Blinkstalker all-inning you.
Marauders deal with Blinkstalkers relatively okay. Scan his main a tad later to get a good idea of the tech path, and bunker around all vulnerabilities vs Blinkstalkers.
Widow(s) will 1 shot any pesky oracles, and will come in handy vs Blinkstalkers or Void All ins as well. I usually won't get more than 2, and move them to the front after it becomes clear there are no oracles incoming.

The nice thing about the build is that you can snap into one of two paths very quickly, and defend adequately well if you scout properly. The reality of TvP at the moment is that it's entirely reliant on you knowing stupidly specific timings to guesstimate what all in is coming off of a 2 gas opening.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
really good stuff guys, big help!

I thank ya all. More power to Terran community. As a follow up, my attempt at 1 rax fe fails miserably at the current meta in TvP. I appreciate your advices, and a couple of these builds really look solid. Looking forward to try em'!
Reply Quote
Picked this up from Mtl:

10 Depot
12 Rax
12 Gas (you will cut SCVs for a tad, not a big deal)
15 Reaper/OC
@50 gas (100 total), pull SCVs off
Reactor on Rax
CC

NOTE: The reaper is primarily for scouting. If he doesn't have solid enough defense (I.E. no stalker), then micro around and snipe a few probes. You need to look for GAS primarily. If you scout 2 gas on your first run, and he's missing a 3rd pylon, then he's proxy oracling. 2 gas but good pylon count and no expo, then inbase Stargate or Blink is coming up.
1 Gas or No gas = Expo

If 0/1 gas:
Standard play. 2x rax and then put SCVs back on and take second gas. Eng. Bay, then factory/starport w/reactor swap. 10 minute push: Drop in his main and attack at front simultaneously. Preserve units rather than do damage.

If 2 gas:
Put SCVs back on gas and take 2nd gas. Factory and then 1x rax. Widow off of the factory ASAP and start Stim. Burrow the widow in your line and get Marauders. Keep tabs on his nat. either he's Terrible and will expo off of a fast 2 gas, or he's proxy oracle/Blinkstalker all-inning you.
Marauders deal with Blinkstalkers relatively okay. Scan his main a tad later to get a good idea of the tech path, and bunker around all vulnerabilities vs Blinkstalkers.
Widow(s) will 1 shot any pesky oracles, and will come in handy vs Blinkstalkers or Void All ins as well. I usually won't get more than 2, and move them to the front after it becomes clear there are no oracles incoming.

The nice thing about the build is that you can snap into one of two paths very quickly, and defend adequately well if you scout properly. The reality of TvP at the moment is that it's entirely reliant on you knowing stupidly specific timings to guesstimate what all in is coming off of a 2 gas opening.

Good luck!

I Think Demuslim uses the same build.
Reply Quote
Put one turret in each mineral line smack down in the middle.

If you scout 2 gas just put the turrets down. It will hold you against DT's and Oracle harass.

Which are the most common double gas Protoss openers out there atm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]