StarCraft® II

Custom Maps Won't Show or Download

When I go to the Custom Games section, and look for open games or try to browse maps and create my own, I'm stuck with the spinning recticle in the center of my screen. Maps don't load on screen.

Yesterday they were loading but when I would try to create a game, my screen would show that I was downloading the map, but it never finished (I had friends in my group who downloaded the map in 5-10 seconds).

So far, I've used the Terminal Flush, deleted my Battle.net cache, and last night I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no luck.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. It seems like a server connectivity issue of some kind, but I have no firewalls or anything that I can imagine would be causing this problem.

Thanks!

EDIT: I also just remembered that watching Replays does not work either (I experience the same loading issue that I described above - the rest of my group would load a replay and watch it while I remained stuck in menus with a "Downloading..." status).

EDIT 2: I can now no longer see matchmaking of any kind. Only thing that works is campaign... Please help!!
Edited by AaronRodgers on 4/3/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Something is blocking the game from downloading stuff.

Do you have any security apps on your Mac? Try closing background apps to see if this helps.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. The spinning circle never gives way to a list of maps.
Reply Quote
This has been an ongoing problem. Also, the need to design this in such a way that you do not have to turn off firewalls or security. That is not a realistic solution nowadays. I really think that Blizzard needs to get away from parts of the game running online. Even if you want to play by yourself against the computer you have to be online.
Reply Quote
I have this issue with trying to load maps for a custom game quite often, left with the spinning circle. Starcraft 2 on my computer is already set to bypass the firewall on any type of network I'm connected to and my virus/malware/security software is set to ignore it. Turning off both the firewall AND the virus/malware/security (which I do not recommend) has no effect on this spinning circle.

SOMETIMES, closing the game entirely and reopening it will allow me to load maps, but my bookmarked maps page almost never loads. This has been an issue for me for a long time.
Reply Quote
I guess they have no real solution for this.

I have this issue also, and it's been ongoing for awhile. Some times it works fine, other times it does not. I have my firewall off and absolutely no security software running. So I some how doubt this is the solution.
Reply Quote
Don't know if this is just a coincidence or not but I was having another problem as well with the video freezing and one solution for that was to uninstall the Battle.net launcher I did that and now the custom maps are working for me again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]