StarCraft® II

Abathur and zagara need a mission or 2

Zagara and Abathur are two charcters that had alot of detail put into them. yet neither of them have playable missions in wings of liberty we got to play as rory swann and eggon so why not these two characters?
Reply Quote
Don't care about Zagara, and it doesn't make sense to put Abathur into a combat scenario. it isn't like Stetmann or Rory Swann where all he needs to do is put on a suit and go out into a combat scenario. He has been created for the singular purpose of guiding the Swarm's evolution. Getting him combat ready would involve the modification of his genetic structure on a large scale, which is notable more difficult than putting on a suit of armor and makes no sense. Why wouldn't he just modify or create a Zerg unit for the mission?
Reply Quote
Abathur was my favorite supporting character, but like all the WOL characters most won't see the light of day after this expansion. Its sad, but I foresee little to no supporting characters coming to light unless there are side missions you can playin Lotv.
Reply Quote
Abathur was my favorite supporting character, but like all the WOL characters most won't see the light of day after this expansion. Its sad, but I foresee little to no supporting characters coming to light unless there are side missions you can playin Lotv.

I could see a zerg mini campaign in LotV were Kerrigan confronted Amon, but lost and now Amon intends to corrupt her like he did the Overmind and playing as Stukov you have to escape the Xel Naga space station where the battle took place. Then that would lead to a mission where Stukov fights Zagara for control of the Swarm since she doesn't want to sacrifice most of the swarm to keep Amon stuck on the station while Stukov goes to get help to rescue Kerrigan. Would potentially then end in a cinematic where Zagara and Stukov are fighting and when Zagara finally gets the upper hand Dehka intervenes and bites off her head or something.

Also though this is hoping for a lot I kinda wish the final battle against Amon actually required completing all 3 campaigns and you then got to command all 3 of the groups with their upgrades from your last campaign end save.
Edited by Anvos on 4/8/2013 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard probably decided the game only needs one broodmother mission. Zagara got to command "The Crucible" if you picked her up before then. That's enough for her.

As for Abathur, his concept art shows that he's actually really long. If you look at the floor of the evolution pit, you can see his body sprawled out all over the place. If they did make him a unit, he would probably only be able to move while burrowed, and would have to remain stationary whenever his head was above ground.
Reply Quote
Don't care about Zagara, and it doesn't make sense to put Abathur into a combat scenario. it isn't like Stetmann or Rory Swann where all he needs to do is put on a suit and go out into a combat scenario. He has been created for the singular purpose of guiding the Swarm's evolution. Getting him combat ready would involve the modification of his genetic structure on a large scale, which is notable more difficult than putting on a suit of armor and makes no sense. Why wouldn't he just modify or create a Zerg unit for the mission?

Good point. but in the game it did say after the overmid was destroyed abathur wondered caves and acted like a beast killing anything that threatened. i definetly think it would be interesting to put him in a position that he would be forced to defend himself.
Reply Quote

Good point. but in the game it did say after the overmid was destroyed abathur wondered caves and acted like a beast killing anything that threatened. i definetly think it would be interesting to put him in a position that he would be forced to defend himself.

That scenario means nothing. We don't know what beasts he killed, (could just be an occasional zergling or whatever) and the details behind every kill. It wouldn't interest me to find Abathur defending himself. Lets say, Abathur is technically capable of combat, it would still be stupid to put him into combat. Why? Because he is a gene manipulator or whatever, the ONLY dedicated gene manipulator in the Swarm. ("Brood of one") It would be a waste of a valuable asset if something were to happen to him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]