StarCraft® II

I don't understand RP threads...

Can someone explain them to me? I know they are popular but that's about it. Is everyone just taking turns writing an improv story or what?
Reply Quote
Sort of, yeah. There are usually limits set by the GM (game master) or the other players to keep people from god-moding. The story can be anything from an open world to liner and mostly scripted.

That help?
Reply Quote
Roleplays are best described by the idea of everyone partaking in them is an Author making a story with everyone else.

Now, as with Authors each Roleplayer, RP-er, has their own writing style and ideas, which gives RP threads a sense of suspense and an interesting factor inside the idea of everyone has their own agendas within them, and such.

Each RP-er takes control of a fictional character within a setting set up by the GM or thread maker, and is usually given some form of goal to try and accomplish. The more vague ideas are generally the ones that provide more entertainment for the RP-ers, because then there are various sub-plots that can occur.
Reply Quote
Okay thanks guys! But yes i have seen stuff on RP pages where you make your character and then they will be given their missions, but are the missions entirely in thread, fictional story telling? Like their character's goals in the story?
Reply Quote
Yes.
Most characters are improvised between threads, though some (like most of mine) are characters who have stories spanning multiple threads.
Reply Quote
Okay think i got it. Thanks SlenderBurrito! And you too Warhawk haha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]