StarCraft® II

make units unable to move in water?

I am tinkering around and have an area on the map that the water levels raise/lower.... i dont want units to be able to walk into the water... is there a simple way to prevent this? or do i have to make some region and triggers that dont allow movement?
Reply Quote
or better yet since its acid is there a way to make it to intense damage if walked into?
Reply Quote
The simplest way is to paint an area of "No Pathing" over the water - 'H' should take you to the pathing tools.

For making it deal damage... there are a couple ways you could do it. Either regions hooked up to periodic damage functions or invisible units with damage-inflicting auras would be the simplest.
Reply Quote
Or simply:
Unit enter region -> Apply behavior -> the offcreep behavior the zerg building uses.
Unit leave region -> remove behavior ->same behavior that the last one.

This is a very simple solution. Just need to put a region over your water. Note that you can have multiple regions inside a same region to make it bigger or different size.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]