StarCraft® II

Zerglors TvZ 3rd Denial build

Tired of those super greedy zergs getting their thirds so quickly? Well say goodbye to that with this build.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary:
Its basically a double reactor factory build that can take out any early zerg third with good micro (or at least force a lot more units than he wants to make) This build can transition easily into biomech or mech. If the Zerg goes 3 hatch before gas it should be a free win
The Build:
Opens with a standard reaper expand (Do not lose the reaper)
-
After you have one marine make @100gas Factory and build a reactor on your rax
-
Make second factory @Next 100 gas
-
After Reactor finishes on rax, lift and build another reactor
(Reactors will go on factories)
-
Start making hellions
-
Start making widow mines after you have 6-8 hellions
-
Start your third when money permits
-
Transition into mech or biomech

You should be pressuring the third ASAP when you get 4 hellions out. If he reacts with roaches, have widow mines soften them up and then try to snipe weak roaches with hellions (Don't lose too many hellions though)

Scouting:

Heres a few important things to scout for with your reaper
  • Early roaches
  • If he's going for super early roaches you want to get out a couple widow mines first. Do not lose your reaper, his extra DPS is invaluable
  • Baneling busts
  • If you scout this just keep spamming hellions, bane busts should be easy to hold with this build
  • Early speedling pressure
  • These will often come before you can get a decent amount of hellions out, if you scout that hes making several lings and getting early speed, try to finish your low ground wall ASAP
    Transitioning out of the pressure:

• Biomech
    When transitioning into biomech you want to make sure you know what the zerg is going.
    You'll want to swap one of your reactor factories with a starport to get medivac production going.
    -
    If hes going for ling bling muta, you want to go biomine and position your mines well. Remember to keep the pressure on.
    -
    If he goes for roach hydra, or swarmhosts you'll want techlabs on both of your factories and just make biotank, dont bother with mines. vs swarmhosts position your tanks where he positions his hosts and then do attacks around that.
    -
    The moment you see him teching to ultras you'll want to make sure you are making MMMM, if you had to swap your factories for techlabs, be sure to swap them back
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Mech
    Transitioning into mech should be simple, throw down factories. Just make sure you have plenty of tanks, and if he goes for mutas be sure to position mines/thors well. Hellion run-bys and drops are great. If he goes for ultras make alot of thors and mines, if he goes BL get some ravens in. BC also never hurt anyone.

If you have any questions on mech specifically just ask, but mech should be really simple
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to ask any additional questions. Will answer them when I can :)

Replays (No mech transitions, sorry)
    http://drop.sc/325134
    http://drop.sc/325135
    http://drop.sc/325136
    http://drop.sc/325137
    Edited by Zerglor on 4/18/2013 12:14 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    If you can delay the third long enough just 2 base all in auto win the game with mech .
    Reply Quote
    Thankyou, I will keep some of these tips in mind. Im partial to a blueflame hellion opening and have trouble with roach but this should help a little.
    Reply Quote
    when he switches to ultras, if you already have biomech, techlabs on factories why not just make thors??
    they kill ultras really easily, as long as the ultras dont reach the thors, which isnt that hard to do when u can just use marauders or hellbats to body block.
    Reply Quote
    when he switches to ultras, if you already have biomech, techlabs on factories why not just make thors??
    they kill ultras really easily, as long as the ultras dont reach the thors, which isnt that hard to do when u can just use marauders or hellbats to body block.

You can, but thats a pretty big investment for a unit thats just gonna slow your army down. With mech thors are good, but with bio widow mines are better because they can also be effective vs banes. and that 125 burst damage is great vs ultras
    Edited by Zerglor on 4/18/2013 2:52 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Bump!
    Reply Quote
    Bump!

Thanks for the bump lol ^_^
    Reply Quote
    I think this deserves another. I try to keep Terran build threads alive because they are realllly helpful and one of the reasons I'm even in Masters :o

Temp ban me or not, but this is a helpful thread, and helps Terrans get out of TvZ troubles.

Here goes nothing...

*Closes eyes*

Bump!
    Reply Quote
    Even if if this is a Necro. This is a really nice build, thanks +1
    Edited by ANLProbe on 9/1/2013 2:48 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    09/01/2013 02:46 AMPosted by ANLProbe
    Even if if this is a Necro. This is a really nice build, thanks +1

Ha, be careful with it. I haven't used it in forever so I'm not sure how viable it is right now. But I bet it could still work.
    Reply Quote
    This build is almost the build I used to do when hots was new. But I copied empirekas not you http://www.sc2replays.eu/show-replay-30532-0-empirekas_t_-vs-_dfall_spl_leslie_z.html
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]