StarCraft® II

Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XXI

"It's more the Marines that I dislike. They deal a lot of DPS on my big units like Void Rays and Immortals, as well as Zealots, the Marauders just destroy my Colossi and Stalkers, which aren't as big of a deal."
OOC: Having trouble with marauders? An advice from bronze league, and most every Toss player: Learn to play zerg! Blizzard is balancing it (hopefully) soon (hopefully) and it will (hopefully) make PvT interesting again!
VRs seem to work pretty well against Marauders in HotS. Prismatic Alignment does terrible terrible damage to armored units.
IC: "Well i'm a spectre, dominion's been making me ingest it for 8 years. With all the tools and drugs they gave me to take the punishment its become a tool" i say before waving to Sam, and that's when i realize....... he smells it. "uuuuhhh you might wanna tell Sam what he thinks is going on here is. Cause he smells the....... Estrus on you....." i say, his expression easily readable
IC:
[Alicia]
I snort and roll my eyes;
"You crazy? Wait.. you wouldn't be..."
I sigh and shake my head;
"Just what did you have in mind?..."

OOC:
I'm kinda annoyed by that, Stef may not be as fast as everybody else, but the amount of punishment he can shrug off makes up for it.
"I hate the MMM very much. One of the few Terran strategies I cannot fight very effectively."

MMM relies on cost efficient trades and constant aggression against the Protoss to maintain an edge over the course of the game. It is very vulnerable to splash if the Terran does not know how to split. Protoss has to play turtle on 2 bases, going for either robo or templar tech. Robotics play is the more traditional play but templar archives is more flexible (charge is very good as well as storm) albeit harder to pull off. To survive the dreaded +1 MMM 10 minute push, you need to learn to effectively use FF and zealots+GS.

HT can feedback medivac and in some circumstances, storm, while a colossus deters the enemy from attack. HT (Stalkers are also good) are especially needed against drops know that afterburners allows a marine squad to harass more efficiently.

Today, people opt to go robo->bay->1 no range colossus and immediately switch to templar archives. This unlocks all of the Protoss tech tree and the Terran does not necessarily know whether or not to start viking production. Once the attack ends, you can take a third and transition to the late game.

Armor upgrades also goes a long way, especially for zealots and a Protoss should reach 3/3 when the Terran is 2/2.

Just remember to vary your colossus/HT count based on the number of vikings and ghosts the Terran has. And make a ton of warp gates after an engagement in the late game so you can quickly make a zealot/archon composition which will usually win the game.
Edited by smylez on 4/8/2013 6:19 PM PDT
Speed and power are different things. I just said I'm fast.

IC: "Just a test, and a chance to speed you up to more even odds against some of the faster opponents."
IC:
[Alicia]
I roll my eyes;
"My speed comes from my jumpjets which enable me to stay just out of close combat.. When all else fails, I have my fire gauntlets and my psychics."
I was hanging limp in Zack's arms. Bile dripping from my mouth and onto the floor as I brought one foot on the larva, crushing it. Then the backlash came back towards me and I gripped my head. "I can't! I don't like it and I will not tolerate it!" Another one came shortly after, landing on the ground as I stay limp. "Why... Is this happening?"
VRs seem to work pretty well against Marauders in HotS. Prismatic Alignment does terrible terrible damage to armored units.

Well, mutalisks too for that matter. Point is, of course VR will counter marauders if the marauders can't shoot up. The problem comes from the high number of marines that accompany the marauders which will quickly overwhelm the VR(s) 99% of the time.

Now, a 2 gate oracle opening on the other hand...
"That won't always be enough. You forget about my Blade Master's Aura and flash step."

"Because your powers are awakening."
OOC: My point was, is that it is a good combo. It is like fighting two factions, one goes anti-air, one goes anti-Ground. My second, uber-pro (tested against bots, not players) idea is to put a warp prism in his base, get a couple of DTs out, and then just wreak havoc on his supply, and set his buildings on fire, don't destroy.
IC:
[Alicia]
I sigh and nod;
"Alright, you've got a point... not to say I'm looking forward to it..."
04/08/2013 06:22 PMPosted by smylez

Well, mutalisks too for that matter. Point is, of course VR will counter marauders if the marauders can't shoot up. The problem comes from the high number of marines that accompany the marauders which will quickly overwhelm the VR(s) 99% of the time.

Now, a 2 gate oracle opening on the other hand...
What I meant was that the VRs now can kill most of the Marauders before they die even with the Marines there. And storms help as well.
"I won't use flash step. But don't expect it to be easy." I take another bite and grab some mexi fries, heading for a table.

OOC: Cap, this is an RP thread, NOT a strategy thread.
[Tari]
I inhale deeply through my nose unsure as to what Sam was talking about. There was something very very feint but couldn't tell what it was. After a moment of contemplation my eyes go wide and I look at Sam. "Oh ... perhaps we should leave? I think she may know about ... that ..." I could feel myself flush a little bit as I stand up and go to put away my tray.
[Serenity]
I look over my shoulder at Sam and blanch inwardly. Damn ... I forgot he has a more sensitive nose then everyone else but me. "I ... I guess I should but ... please ... don't talk about it with anyone else I know its natural but ... I doubt most anyone here would even understand it." I get up and take my finished tray up before leaving to wait to talk with Sam and Tari in a slightly more private setting.

Morph

IC: Sam goes to take his tray back also. "Leaving maybe a good idea... now that I think about it however Dante could use some umm relief"
Edited by Steelwolf on 4/8/2013 6:32 PM PDT
IC: I look up at Zack. I looked like a mess. "Does this have anything to do perhaps with what they did to me... Does this Laura have anything like this?"
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 4/8/2013 6:29 PM PDT
OOC: Sorry. Someone mention MMM. Meesa Sorry.
After the Synth-organs were freed from the dummy, Shir sewed the corpse back up, and then proceeded to test his new combinations against the dummy.
Owlfeathers: you may have missed my post on page 24 of prior thread.

Morph: I doubt the artifact was destroyed with Mengsk. I doubt Kerrigan even has the ability to really destroy it, only disassemble it. It is, after all, Xel'Naga.
What I meant was that the VRs now can kill most of the Marauders before they die even with the Marines there. And storms help as well.

Zealots

Eat

Marauders.

Alive.

You don't need VRs against MMM. SG play is generally only used against mech play because VR eat armored units alive and tempests wrecks tanks and vikings. That's gas and minerals not going into upgrades and T3 units like the colossus and HT. We can argue this over at the bar.
IC: i was just finishing as i put my trays away. "lets see if this works" i say going to my dorm
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]