StarCraft® II

why do T complain about OP?

why do terrans complain about op when they can just get mass missile turrets with PFs all over the place and mass raven??

Seriously mass raven needs a change it is actually OP. Atleast against zerg it is. mass raven with eventual BC in mix too. I was playing as zerg, i was 6 bases - 3 then he expanded and got to 5 bases all with pfs i couldnt banelings bust his natural either cause it was a PF. Terran are the true turtle race. So i tried going mutaling he had missile turrets all over the place and PFs galore. you can't stop it either, i managed to deny his third twice but it was still a lost cause because of the fact he can just come out wiht with mass ravens and kill everything. I always thought seeker missiles could be outrun by mutas, turns out i was wrong. Seeker missiles are faster than mutas hell, even as fast as a charging zealot. I go into corruptors, still no use against hiss mass raven and then 30 mins in comes mass BC. I tried to mass banelings to kill the PFs but still didnt work.

any solution? I couldnt out move the army either because they all fly as the asme moderate speed.

ps terran have no right AT ALL to complain about other races being OP until skyterran is fixed.
Edited by KingOfChairs on 4/19/2013 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ps terran have right AT ALL to complain about other races being OP until skyterran is fixed.

You realize this invalidates your entire wall of fail-text, right?
Reply Quote
If a Terran player is trying to turtle with Planetaries and Turrets, then use Brood Lords, Ultralisks, Swarm Hosts, or Roaches.....You know, something that doesn't just melt to planetaries and missile turrets.
Reply Quote
If a Terran player is trying to turtle with Planetaries and Turrets, then use Brood Lords, Ultralisks, Swarm Hosts, or Roaches.....You know, something that doesn't just melt to planetaries and missile turrets.

ohh yeah did i forget to meantion that they have viking ravens into bc???

04/19/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Anubis
ps terran have right AT ALL to complain about other races being OP until skyterran is fixed.

You realize this invalidates your entire wall of fail-text, right?

type i meant to say no right.
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 08:09 PMPosted by KingOfChairs
. I always thought seeker missiles could be outrun by mutas, turns out i was wrong. Seeker missiles are faster than mutas hell, even as fast as a charging zealot.

The seeker missile was changed since WoL. When it's launched at a target, the target turns red. You have 5 seconds to get that unit outside of range 13. If you do, the missile fizzles out and your unit is safe. If you don't, the missile launches at the target and will not miss.
Reply Quote
sky terran is beatable your just bad, im 100% sure the games you crying about yes crying, you played less then perfect but you would rather blame the game the your self, as most ppl do, oh and anyone has the right to say w.e they want is op , i mean you made this"great topic" so why can't anyone else 0/10 quit the game do your blood pressure a favor.
Reply Quote
sky terran is beatable your just bad, im 100% sure the games you crying about yes crying, you played less then perfect but you would rather blame the game the your self, as most ppl do, oh and anyone has the right to say w.e they want is op , i mean you made this"great topic" so why can't anyone else 0/10 quit the game do your blood pressure a favor.

huh? yeah okay so as zerg it was a 30 min game, he opens with pf on natural there goes any agggression i cant do early muta harrass either because of mass turrets. he goes 3rd cc in base at 5min,doesnt become a PF until he has established turrets at the third base location. by the end of the game my queens had each had around 50 energy...that's actually quite good for a 30 minute game you realise? I was 6 hatchery yet because any aggression is negated the game was an uphill battle all the way through. I check replay i have nothing to blame myself over. I tried every trick in the book. I have seen videos by some guy on youtube and he does this exact build lol and he has like a 90% winrate with it in masters...so it's not me. it's the fact that it is overpowered, kind of like mass void rays in wol and hots are OP the only way to beat it is to not let him get it but the thing is with protoss you can easily not let him get mass void ray, but against terran you can NEVER deny him of getting skyterran because PFs and missile turrets even widow mines completely stop ANY aggression or attacks you are litterally forced to just wait while try so hard to kill a single PF being repaired despite the fact you have 200/200 3/3 banelings blowing up on them.

You havent played as zerg im assuming, maybe you should and wait for someone to do this vs you and then you will see. you may even use it as your tvz build...

sc2 is a very balanced game, everything is beatable...the thing is mass void ray is only beatable via methods of not allowing him to get the mass void ray, the thing is skyterran has no weakness as such against zerg. sure protoss can immortal bust it early on, but zerg cannot because banelings die to splash and too many get used on his wall off. Out moving doesnt work either because the units all move at around the same speed atleast against broodlord infestor armies, the broodlords were way slower than infestors which were slower than roach that means you could out move it and catch them out of position. Skyterran has no weakness nor does the build up to it.

Play as zerg against this and against a terran who knows how to do the build properly then try and scold me over the forums, k?
Reply Quote
Be quiet you
Reply Quote
Be quiet you

I do believe i made this thread thus giving me infinite right to defend myself against someone blindly scolding me, just as i have the right to deny your demand.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 08:29 AMPosted by KingOfChairs
Be quiet you

I do believe i made this thread thus giving me infinite right to defend myself against someone blindly scolding me, just as i have the right to deny your demand.

Its just that your badness is so painful its killing me please stop. Complaining about skyterran is quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Reply Quote

Its just that your badness is so painful its killing me please stop. Complaining about skyterran is quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Well rather than trying to insult me why dont you actually give reasonable point to backup your disagreement? I am saying that from the natural expansion being a PF to the end game where your waves after waves of every unit in the game are being killed over and over, it is unbeatable unless i were to 6 pool drone rush and hope he doesn't have a full wall...

have you actually tried skyterran vs zerg? i can link a video on youtube of a master player who goes sky every matchup and has good winrate.
Edited by KingOfChairs on 4/20/2013 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sky Terran is in no way oped. It takes a lot of time and effort in order to even fully reach the tech and prepare the army. The more likely thing is that you made a few key mistakes and that you lost because of them. Could you please provide us with a replay so we can help you? First of all, if he's opening up with a Planetary on his natural, then his mid game economy is going to be a bit weaker than it normally is due to less mules. In order to know whether this gives you permission to expand all across the map and kill him, we'd need to know the timing on the expansion. If you see early expansions, that means he's going little to no early pressure, and it should be easy to poke an upgraded overlord in there at around 7-10 minutes before he gets the missile turrets up to scout and see if he's going for a timing attack to counter the rapid expansion that you'd probably do after scouting the pf nat. Basically, good map vision, scouting, and injects will counter any weak timing attacks that could come off a pf natural, and if he doesn't timing attack, you have permission to drone up and murder him with a huge army before he fully completes his. Like I said, if you put in a replay, we could help you much better, but until then, these are just my guesses of what you could do based on the info I have.
Edited by SgtSlaughter on 4/20/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sky Terran is in no way oped. It takes a lot of time and effort in order to even reach the tech. The more likely thing is that you made a few key mistakes and that you lost because of them. Could you please provide us with a replay so we can help you? First of all, if he's opening up with a Planetary on his natural, then his mid game economy is going to be a bit weaker than it normally is due to less mules. In order to know whether this gives you permission to expand all across the map and kill him, we'd need to know the timing on the expansion. If you see early expansions, that means he's going little to no early pressure, and it should be easy to poke an upgraded overlord in there at around 7-10 minutes to scout and see if he's going for a timing attack to counter the rapid expansion that you'd probably do after scouting the pf nat.

I cant find the replay but i will tell you, i did mass expand, i did know what he was doing right from the getgo because of the fact when i tried to send an overlord in there were turrets and 2 ccs in his main...To make up for lack of mules he gets a macro cc which later becomes a PF and his third. The thing is he walls off his natural with supply depots and has a couple of widow mines too so if i wanted to baneling bust i had to take hits form the mines AND lose banleings to the supply depot in wall, AND get killed by a constant repaired PF. The point of why it is op is that it is impossible to break the defense he relies on to turtle. Mass void ray is litterally unbeatable except if you do some sick korean procedural tactic, but the strategy is beaten because you can actually break protoss defenses when they do it, with terran you cannot break it early or mid what so ever.
Reply Quote

Well rather than trying to insult me why dont you actually give reasonable point to backup your disagreement? I am saying that from the natural expansion being a PF to the end game where your waves after waves of every unit in the game are being killed over and over, it is unbeatable unless i were to 6 pool drone rush and hope he doesn't have a full wall...

have you actually tried skyterran vs zerg? i can link a video on youtube of a master player who goes sky every matchup and has good winrate.

I don't think you understand, complaining about skyterran is dumb, unspeakably dumb. I am fine with people complaining about a lot of things. I can be reasonable with people who still complain about MULEs. But not people complaining about skyterran. You are infact probably the first I've seen to complain about it. It saddens me to see peoples QQ going so far that they are actually complaining about skyterran. Yes I have played skyterran, and I know how unspeakable bad it is vs a smart zerg.

Why? Because a smart zerg will just make a little AA to deal with whatever small force you can build up in the early-mid game and then just take every base. Then he will throw whatever the hell he wants at you until you die then roll on the floor laughing.

If you are complaining about late game skyterran then I must ask you why, why in the world did you let him build up a massive BC raven army. Do you not scout? or are you one of those zergs who still desperately try to mass infestors with broodlords? Because there is no reason for you to let him build up a massive skyterran army. Thats like a terran letting a zerg build up a army of infestors, spines, spores, broodlords and corruptors. You have to be sitting there smashing your face on your keyboard hoping that that will somehow make him leave the game for that to happen.

Your aggression with a skyterran opener is so limited. That the zerg can literally win by massing statics defense and then getting a bunch of anything that shoots up. No, play better next time.
Edited by Zerglor on 4/20/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I don't think you understand, complaining about skyterran is dumb, unspeakably dumb. I am fine with people complaining about a lot of things. I can be reasonable with people who still complain about MULEs. But not people complaining about skyterran. You are infact probably the first I've seen to complain about it. It saddens me to see peoples QQ going so far that they are actually complaining about skyterran. Yes I have played skyterran, and I know how unspeakable bad it is vs a smart zerg.

Why? Because a smart zerg will just make a little AA to deal with whatever small force you can build up in the early-mid game and then just take every base. Then he will throw whatever the hell he wants at you until you die then roll on the floor laughing.

If you are complaining about late game skyterran then I must ask you why, why in the world did you let him build up a massive BC raven army. Do you not scout? or are you one of those zergs who still desperately try to mass infestors with broodlrds? Because there is no reason for you to let him build up a massive skyterran army. Thats like a terran letting a zerg build up a army of infestors, spines, spores, broodlords and corruptors. You have to be sitting there smashing your face on your keyboard hoping that that will somehow make him leave the game for that to happen.

Your aggression with a skyterran opener is so limited. That the zerg can literally win by massing statics defense and then getting a bunch of anything that shoots up. No, play better next time.

do you not read? I said i mass expanded it was on daybreak and i did scout and knew what he was doing since i saw the first PF but i couldnt be aggressive at all because as i said he never leaves bases until he has the unbeatable mass. I can't kill his bases because at all his expansions there are 2 PFs protecting it with missile turrets galore. I even tried mass banelings to kill the 2 pfs at his third but still didnt work only killed 1 and the other was being mass repaired.

if you are desperate enough, i can link you to a youtube channel containing 538 videos of a terran who goes turtle skyterran every single matchup and is in master league.

As i said numerous times, usually things like this would have a weakness during the build up...mass void rays do, broodlord infestors did...skyterran does not unless i 6pool drone rush and hope he doesn't have a completed wall off yet.

re read my posts and comprehend. I said my queens had about 50 average queen energy by the end of the 30 min game. i'm fairly sure that is good for a 30 min game riiiight?
Edited by KingOfChairs on 4/20/2013 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

do you not read? I said i mass expanded it was on daybreak and i did scout and knew what he was doing since i saw the first PF but i couldnt be aggressive at all because as i said he never leaves bases until he has the unbeatable mass. I can't kill his bases because at all his expansions there are 2 PFs protecting it with missile turrets galore. I even tried mass banelings to kill the 2 pfs at his third but still didnt work only killed 1 and the other was being mass repaired.

if you are desperate enough, i can link you to a youtube channel containing 538 videos of a terran who goes turtle skyterran every single matchup and is in master league.

As i said numerous times, usually things like this would have a weakness during the build up...mass void rays do, broodlord infestors did...skyterran does not unless i 6pool drone rush and hope he doesn't have a completed wall off yet.

re read my posts and comprehend. I said my queens had about 50 average queen energy by the end of the 30 min game. i'm fairly sure that is good for a 30 min game riiiight?

I read your post thoroughly. and my response to this post as well is

If you are complaining about late game skyterran then I must ask you why, why in the world did you let him build up a massive BC raven army. Do you not scout? or are you one of those zergs who still desperately try to mass infestors with broodlords? Because there is no reason for you to let him build up a massive skyterran army. Thats like a terran letting a zerg build up a army of infestors, spines, spores, broodlords and corruptors. You have to be sitting there smashing your face on your keyboard hoping that that will somehow make him leave the game for that to happen.

Edited by Zerglor on 4/20/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I dont want to try make it personal but after reading a post question whether skyterran is possible or not, you claim you use skyterran "all the time"..I think you are not wanting me complaining about it because you are biased towards it. I mean i'd be biased towards something i "use all the time"

Even in the same post another person says bc raven is the strongest deathball atm in hots. thus cementing my claim.

you dont need to be aggressive to the zerg because a bc raven deathball is the strongest and if he attacks you he is just throwing away everything. MUST I link you a 538 youtube channel of skyterran TvX master level??
Edited by KingOfChairs on 4/20/2013 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If he gets to a sky terran army that rofl stomps you I would look into your own play rather than imbalances.
Reply Quote
I dont want to try make it personal but after reading a post question whether skyterran is possible or not, you claim you use skyterran "all the time"..I think you are not wanting me complaining about it because you are biased towards it. I mean i'd be biased towards something i "use all the time"

Even in the same post another person says bc raven is the strongest deathball atm in hots. thus cementing my claim.

you dont need to be aggressive to the zerg because a bc raven deathball is the strongest and if he attacks you he is just throwing away everything. MUST I link you a 538 youtube channel of skyterran TvX master level??

I know about ketroc ~_~ I said I used to use it all the time,in WoL. Do you not understand that? Used to? Its terrible now. The maps are huge, plenty of expansions for zerg to get. and addition to that zergs actually make hydras and vipers, which are pretty good vs skyterran with their new speed. Yes it makes that much of a difference. It made it terrible. No, I play biomech now because of how unspeakably terrible skyterran is vs a zerg who masses hydras, expansions, and static defense.
Edited by Zerglor on 4/20/2013 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^^ This whole thread is them two argueing....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]