StarCraft® II

PKA Second Class Tounament.

"Ok."I reply nervously as I step inside the pod.
Reply Quote
OOC: I have returned.

IC: I arrive in the simulator room and position myself inside of one of the empty pods.
Reply Quote
Round 4

. = path M = Marine B = Bunker P=Planetary fortress

X = Start point O = Spider mine - = Wall F=Firebat R= Marauder

Military Compound 2.0

...........................X......................................................
------------------........-------------------------------...OO....------
..........M....OO.......OO--............FF...................................
........MBM.......------.....RR.................MMMB....FF.....RR...
...........M..............MMMMM......B............B..............B......
---------------BMM............PFF......B...........MMM............
................MM.............RR.......................MMMFFRR.......
OO---------OO.......-----------------------------OOO--..O----
...........MM--------.....FMMF...............OO............-----..........
-----------------------.....-------------------------------......--------
..................X...................................................................
Reply Quote
I look around nervously and see a huge military base and think to myself "Well this complicates things." I sit/crouch and try to think of ways I could avoid getting blown to pieces.
Edited by MechaGhidrah on 4/27/2013 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OOC: Sorry for not posting earlier. Can I have the northern spawn location please?

IC: As the virtual world constructs itself around me, I look around for a moment, assessing my surroundings.

A large Terran military facility is located in the center of the main area, presumably between my opponent and I, with heavy defenses and thick walls swarming with hostile troops. Most of the forces in the area were of limited effectiveness against airborne targets however, with the sole exception to this being the groups of Marines and the bunkers.

I ascend vertically into the air, levelling off at around one hundred fifty meters above the ground as I begin sniping the hostile Marines nearest to my position.
Reply Quote
I finally figure out a plan of action and I take one last group at the pair of Marines close by. I create two Shards and send them silently hurtling at the Marines' faceplates, taking them both out quickly and cleanly, I felt bad but I reminded myself this was a computer program, not actual real life.
Reply Quote
The four closest Marines, who had been defending a nearby bunker, now lay in the form of dark smears of ash and metallic debris on the floor below. Three had been killed before closing within accurate range of their rifles, and the gauss spikes of the fourth were deflected by a small Repulsion Field before he too was incinerated.

Approaching the bunker, I perform a maneuver similar to the dive bombing tactics of the ancient aircraft of Old Earth; swooping in and projecting a Disintegration Field at the lowest point in my dive before pulling back out of range from whatever was inside the structure and returning to my former altitude. Once at a relatively safe distance again, I begin scanning and flying in wide circles as I wait for the field to do its work.
Reply Quote
I move onto to the next group of soldiers and I kill the Marines with a few shards through their brain and the Firebats earn a painful death with a crystal spike shooting from the ground, going through their codpiece and piercing internal organs, the spikes soon became ruby red with blood flowing down them.
Reply Quote
A near by spidermine starts to pursue Jen while another group of soldiers starts to move in on her.

Marines attempt to shot at Ceas missing due to the range. The base was now on full alert more marines begin to pour out of the Planetary Fortress.
Reply Quote
I summon 5 shards and they go for the spider mine. I raise a wall of crystals around the soldiers, trapping them.
Reply Quote
I increase my altitude as I see the additional Marines deploying, firing down on the bunker from high above. The weakened structure collapses on itself after a few shots, the Marines inside already nothing but dust from the Disintegration Field. No more enemies would be able to take cover in it now, though. I fly toward the south-southeast, taking shots at the next line of Marines from there. My Repulsion Field dissolves, and I renew it again.

Ceas Energy: 567

1 radius Repulsion Field (50 energy)
17 energy regen over 25 seconds (duration of repulsion field plus disintegration field, plus 5 seconds for movement)
Edited by Owlfeathers on 4/29/2013 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The mine explodes when the crystals impact it. It sends shards of the crystals everywhere, a few of them right at Jen.

The crystal wall the Jen had summoned was shattered by the PF and the marines turn their attention to Jen as Ceas was now to far out of range to even try to shoot at.
Reply Quote
I cease firing on the Marines as they focus on Jen instead, preferring to let them do my work for me. I fly farther to the south closer to Jen's position, so that I can freely fire on her and exploit any potential opportunity provided by the Terran forces harassing and distracting her.

OOC: Probably off for the night.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 4/28/2013 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I send the exploding shards away from me and I create another wall around the Marines and raise a bunch of shards around them and create a whirlwind with them, shredding the trapped Marines in a heartbeat. I then start looking around and see Ceas flying through the air and send a load of spikes and shards flying towards him and they chase after him like angry fighter jets.
Reply Quote
As the Marines continue flowing out from the fortress below me, I roll and bank sharply down and to the left, dodging the majority of the shards streaking after me. The others skim off my Repulsion Field just before it collapses from the number of shots hitting it in quick succession. I open a Guardian Shield around me as well, but save the rest of my energy for now. While the two nearby Marauders begin to close on Jen along with the rest of the Marines coming from the Planetary Fortress, I take advantage of her split focus and fire both my Ion Beam and a barrage of six Nanite Missiles at her.

Ceas Energy: 352

Guardian Shield (75 energy)
Nanite Missiles (150 energy)
27 energy regen over 45 seconds total
Reply Quote
I create a large crystal wall to block the incoming attacks and to help regain my focus though the repulsion beam hits me and boy did it hurt like a !@#$%!! I feel the extra power I get from the wall (Crystal Energize) and I start to raise a bunch of ten foot spires, using them to get some more power. I then start to send wave after wave of Spikes and Shards at the troops and Ceas, sending in a few Missiles here and their.

OOC: BTW Crystal Energize is basically the more Crystals that are on the field and in the ground (Like the Wall or Spire NOT the shards) Increase the damage fom her attacks and her abilities as well as give her a bit of extra energy.
Reply Quote
I use my speed to perform evasive maneuvers while deploying another Repulsion Field, the crystals that impact being weakened by the Guardian Shield and then being launched back at Jen as they hit the Repulsion Field. As I fly, the nanites from the missiles which hit her wall swarm Jen, ripping a portion of her shields away. I project a Disintegration Field on top of Jen to damage her and force her out of cover, while taking aim at the location she would be most likely to dodge towards and locking on to the other possible places she could go so that I could adjust my aim quickly.

Ceas Energy: 304

Guardian Shield (75 energy)
Nanite Missiles (150 energy)
29 energy regen over 50 seconds total
Edited by Owlfeathers on 4/29/2013 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OOC: Errr she has shield so I assume the nanites would eat through her shielding. Will post soon
Reply Quote
OOC: Errr she has shield so I assume the nanites would eat through her shielding. Will post soon
Edited.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 4/29/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Will post soon

Soon™
Edited by Owlfeathers on 4/29/2013 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]