Having an issue when creating a new ability

I am currently in the process of creating an entirely new race(currently with placeholders copied from sc2), and to keep things organized I have been selecting said new race in every dialog menu in the editor. However, when I went to create a new ability, to make a new structure that could create all my placeholder units, it would not let me select my new race. I'm pretty confident I could hack together what I'm trying to do, but for organizations sake I want everything under the name of my new race.

as an example:

under the abilities tab there is:

+Protoss
-Terran
|->CAbilTrain
|--->BarracksTrain

and so on. I want to create "BarracksTrain" (which allows buildings to make things) under a new heading "MynewRace"

So:
+Protoss
+Terran
-MynewRace
|->CAbilTrain
|--->BarracksTrain

Any ideas? am I doing something wrong? I should also note that for everything else I can select my new race(models, actors, units, etc)
Reply Quote
Okay, so I guess you have to do it manually in the XML document. Kind of sucks but at least I got it to work!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]