StarCraft® II

New laptop for mobile gaming?

Hello! I have a desktop PC that runs all the PC games I play fairly well, but I wanted to ask if the this laptop will run them as well. I am going on a extended trip this summer, and I can't do without Starcraft and WoW!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312434

I'm posting this on the SC2 forums because my WoW time is expired, and apparently I cannot post without a active sub.

Anyway, how well can this laptop run:
-Starcraft 2
-WoW
-Skyrim
-Diablo 3
-SimCity(2013)

I checked my specs over on gamedebate and I get great scores for WoW, great scores for, SC2, medium scores for skyrim, and pretty much good scores for all games other than skyrim.

I asked the same question over on tomshardware, and due to their answers I am pretty sure they have no idea what they are talking about.

Oh, and I bought 4 extra GB of RAM to add to this beast.
Reply Quote
Good gcard. The processor seems it may bottleneck, but still passes all the games' requirements. I don't suspect having Extreme or High settings on for StarCraft and Skyrim, maybe some on high. However, SC2013 and D3 may run on Max settings. WoW could run on some high settings, with average FPS; still depends if your raiding, using any mods, etc...

For gaming laptops in general; I recommend keeping a close on your laptop's temperature and making sure you have at least a 2 year warranty.

Otherwise, ya, looks like it'll run everything fine.
Reply Quote
My laptop has an i5-3210m 2.5ghz (3.1 ghz turbo) dual core (4 threads) processor but it has a 7670m like the one you linked. My processor definitely beats that one though due to better architecture and much higher clock rate...

I can tell you that my laptop runs SCII on medium around 80fps in 1v1/2v2. The game runs perfectly on medium (ultra textures) but gets laggy on high. Skyrim runs on medium at 40-60 fps, and diablo 3 runs on max at about 40fps, and i get 60 when i turn physics down.

Hopefully that gives you a general idea but just be aware that your processor will definitely cause stability issues. My i5 chokes on d3 until it's been running for about 5 minutes, and skyrim gets pretty choppy if i don't turn AA and shadows down.

Other info: My hdd is a 7200rpm, and I have 4GB ddr3 800mhz (1DIMM)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]