StarCraft® II

EMP sucks....

I was playing a game with my friend... he had like 8 HT's... i had 8 ghosts cloaked, tho 5 of them had emp's...

before the engagement I carpet emp'd and could have sworn i did it perfectly and hit all his HT's.... so then i engage.... next thing i know ..... spam of T....T....T.....T....T

i was way ahead of him in macro and bases so i still won even after losing that engagement... but after the game we both went and watched the replay..... guess what...

despite the nerf in emp radius making it horribly small, especially considering how big toss units are.... i hit SEVEN of his EIGHT HT's......

except... an emp only takes away 100 energy as well as shield..... AND something like 6 of his 7 emp'd HT's still had enough energy for a storm

are you kidding me??? EMP is horrible... i have just recently converted into playing bio vs toss instead of mech... cuz its funner and i dont like being like protoss where you just mass a deathball and a move... but I eventually might go back to it depending how I transition into bio...

but my goodness... why is EMP so bad?? do I not only have to try to hit his HT that are always way in the back, and are small and usually hard to see before all my ghosts get murdered, but now I have to hit them multiple times each!?!?

come on now... either make EMP radius a tad bigger... or make it so that energy drops more than 100.... shields can stay at a loss of 100... but energy should be empty, thats just strait ridiculous
Reply Quote
can i see replay?
Reply Quote
you have to double emp full energy temps, this isn't anything new.
Reply Quote
you have to double emp full energy temps, this isn't anything new.
im just wondering if he missed with half his emps to be honest... also anything with leftover energy shoulda been sniped
Reply Quote
i didnt miss... i watched replay... it hit all his temps except 1....

how are you supposed to emp and THEN have time to snipe his ht's before ur ghosts die?

do you emp and snipe as you engage or before?

if you do it during the engagement then storms have already been used if ur playing anyone decent...

and if u do it before hand, they will kill your ghosts as soon as you start shooting off your emps
Reply Quote
Most protoss don't spread their ghosts, so you can probably get like 2 ghosts within range of emping all of his temps, and even if they have 1 or 2 storms left if you split at all then you should be fine especially considering you didn't use all of your ghosts to kill his ht's so you still carpet emp his army. Shoot for the really ghost/viking heavy army with a small ammount of mm for support.
Reply Quote
You are supposed to go stealth -> emp while ur army is a bit behind.
If your army is next to toss you never have time to emp and snipe while split, stim and do other stuff same time
Reply Quote
What your describing is exactly why i mech it is far more resilient to storm.
Reply Quote
So basically he had accumulated 16 storms, since all his HT had full energy, yet you were only able to accumulate a measly 5 EMPs. Is this correct? It sounds like your ghosts were late and you let him sit around for a long time banking energy.

If you see HT are full energy just double click where you EMP. You're in masters you should really know this by now, this isn't anything new.
Reply Quote
^^
Reply Quote
So basically he had accumulated 16 storms, since all his HT had full energy, yet you were only able to accumulate a measly 5 EMPs. Is this correct? It sounds like your ghosts were late and you let him sit around for a long time banking energy.

If you see HT are full energy just double click where you EMP. You're in masters you should really know this by now, this isn't anything new.

yes but i am new to bio... i went bio vs toss all the way until i hit diamond where i then switched to marine/thor/banshee into masters

now im trying to get good at bio vs toss... he had so many more HT's because he immediately went HT's... he stayed on 2 base almost the entire game just turtled and got fast HT..

its hard to get ghosts that early in the game.. i still won the game but it was just practice vs a friend who is not near as high of a league as me

i just feel EMP is so much more difficult to make effective than storm is...
Reply Quote
If he has ghosts when you move out with medivacs before colossus then you need to get ghosts right away. Get a good count up then start getting vikings as well
Edited by urNumb on 4/20/2013 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is why infestors were nerfed. Because people like you didnt know that you had to double EMP enemy spellcasters with full energy.
Reply Quote
This is why infestors were nerfed. Because people like you didnt know that you had to double EMP enemy spellcasters with full energy.

Infestors where nerfed because they where op, in every single matchup mass amounts of infestors where always good. Ht's arn't that bad, yes they are powerful but as long as you respect the ht's and know where his army is then you can still win.

To OP a word of advice don't try to go for 2 base ghosts if you see he is going ht first, just take your third prioritize upgrades and medivacs then put down a ghost academy after you get up to 8 rax.
Reply Quote
Is it that bad? If you didn't land those EMPs then he would have had twice as many storms. You still cut out half of them. If he invested in high templar and let them sit long enough to get that energy, then maybe it shouldn't be countered completely by that few EMPs (even if its 5 or 6).

I guess what I'm saying is...maybe it's balanced. For the amount of EMPs you used, you cut out half his storms. Seems like an OK deal. I guess if they have that much energy you should have attempted to snipe them all instead.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Rudecrew
This is why infestors were nerfed.

Lol what?
Reply Quote
infestors like the swarm hosts and broodlords spawn free units that can eat away at enemys armies. besides the fungal growth basically immobilizing everything that it hit and was easy to hit, people used them a lot and that wrecked everything. dont think infestors free units are that big of a deal? watch some of the pro games where they use swarm hosts and infestors to slowly eat away at their enemies armys and bases and then once they basically starved their opponent to death, they !@#$ go in for the kill with 200 supply army and decimate everything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]