StarCraft® II

Should I not play terran if I hate tanks? lol

It's probably the one thing I hate using on this race. But everything else I love. I'm not very good at the use of them, and especially TvT. But then again there are some units on protoss I hate too. However, I feel like tanks are needed very often with terran.
Reply Quote
You dont like tanks because you dont know how to use them. Trust me i used to be the same way then I learned how to use tanks and I love them. Just practice
Reply Quote
Don't have to use them in TvP or TvZ. Bio will function just as well, if not better.

In TvT I'm not sure if pure bio is viable.
Reply Quote
You dont like tanks because you dont know how to use them. Trust me i used to be the same way then I learned how to use tanks and I love them. Just practice

Idk that may be it, I mean how slow they are, and how riskyy it can be to use them especially incorrectly is frustrating haha.
Reply Quote
right now tvt is the only MU where tanks are super important, but even then if you go bio and transition into sky terran then you don't really need tanks, but they definitley help
Reply Quote
how can you not know how to use a tank.

Select it, Click on location, Press E.

Forget about it till the rest of the match.
Reply Quote
how can you not know how to use a tank.

Select it, Click on location, Press E.

Forget about it till the rest of the match.

Theres a lot more to it than that. Tanks are arguably the hardest unit in the game to use infact
Reply Quote
well you can avoid tanks if you want
TVT old build but can be adjusted for hots
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IEchoic_Build_(TvT)
with the buffs to mech armory/new units u can adjust this build to kill tank users a soild bio play is dangerous though because of marauders u also need to always have air control never lose this or you are dead with this build ...
Reply Quote
with the buffs to mech armory/new units u can adjust this build to kill tank users a soild bio play is dangerous though because of marauders u also need to always have air control never lose this or you are dead with this build ...

iEchoic is no longer really viable. Partially since they nerfed the blue flame hellion damage, but also because widow mines puts a wet blanket on both hellion and banshee survivability.

The idea was to kill tanks with banshees and marines with hellions, but but widow mines kill both hellions and banshees with ease.

The new TvT meta game also means it's a lot harder to pull off. Reaper expands will reveal what you're up to in ample time, and innovation style factory expands will be significantly safer than the old gasless 1 rax FE opening.
Edited by BobTheSCV on 4/21/2013 12:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

iEchoic is no longer really viable. Partially since they nerfed the blue flame hellion damage, but also because widow mines puts a wet blanket on both hellion and banshee survivability.

The idea was to kill tanks with banshees and marines with hellions, but but widow mines kill both hellions and banshees with ease.

The new TvT meta game also means it's a lot harder to pull off. Reaper expands will reveal what you're up to in ample time, and innovation style factory expands will be significantly safer than the old gasless 1 rax FE opening.
eh yah reapers do pose a threat. and WMs do kill off one hellion but you can still get away with this sometimes its kinda like bane muta play in a way banshee(muta) pick off tanks hellions/hellbats take on the marines. for WMs use the banshees cloak and scan( u always want to be up a base with the ichoics build. thors force you into Battle cruisers though because the huge AOE damage to banshee is crazy bio seems scarier to me than Tank/WM. because i should always have air superiority.
pros. beats tanks+marine pushes
mobility
economy
great harassment options
cons.
bad vs raduer rine armies (if the other guy kites your hellbats)
lose in viking count and you are dead
straight up dies in direct engagements (like muta ling)
Reply Quote

Yeah I used to despise tanks and never made them. Now I like tvt and my marine tank is getting relatively solid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]