StarCraft® II

Viper blinding cloud question

Hey guys, If i recall in the first starcraft your units where also effected by the defilers cloud like ability so I was curious in sc2 does the vipers ranged damage nerf also effect my units in the cloud or only the enemy?
Reply Quote
Blinding cloud affects your own units as well as enemy units.
Reply Quote
Blindling Cloud affectc everything, including static defences. It does not affects widow mine
Reply Quote
air units to?
Reply Quote
no air units fly above the cloud
Reply Quote
ok roger that thanks guys
Reply Quote
Blinding cloud sets all ground units' range to melee.

*Siege Tanks have a minimum range, so deployed stanks under a blinding cloud literally can't attack.

*Cloud even affects buildings, so you can virtually disable a Planetary fortress or Photon Cannons with Vipers.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 09:23 PMPosted by cjs
Hey guys, If i recall in the first starcraft your units where also effected by the defilers cloud like ability

If I remember correctly It was the opposite in sc1, you'd cast it on your own units or where you want to put your units cause it would make them immune from tank fire under the cloud.
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 04:19 PMPosted by FloorWax
Hey guys, If i recall in the first starcraft your units where also effected by the defilers cloud like ability

If I remember correctly It was the opposite in sc1, you'd cast it on your own units or where you want to put your units cause it would make them immune from tank fire under the cloud.
Exactly.

Dark swarm was kinda the opposite of cloud. Cloud reduces range of units under it, swarm makes units under it immune to ranged.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]