StarCraft® II

Pokemon silver?

The internal battery has been dead for about 4 years. What's the best way to open the game pak and replace the battery? BIC pens would be my absolute last-resort. I tried a small screwdriver already, didn't work.
A hexbolt(?) wrench is what I've heard would work, but I have no idea if they make those wrenches that small anymore.
Reply Quote
The security bit for those cartridges is fairly proprietary. You can buy the bit for about $5-6. I believe the battery is a 2302 (the flat nickel sized ones). You want the ones that have the little arms on the sides; these secure the battery to the board better than those that don't.

To do it right you are going to need to sauter the new one in place (this is how the manufacturer does it). Check the volts (if you have a volt meter). They should read 3. Start a game up, and save the progress. Turn the system off, take the game out, let it sit for about ten minutes, then reboot it, and if your file is still there then you're good to go.

If you don't feel up to the task, do some research; there are bound to be shops in your area that can do this for you, otherwise you're looking at taking a gamble and buying a replacement cart for around $20-30 on Amazon or eBay. Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
You could probably replace the game for less...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]