StarCraft® II

Why didn't Kerrigan infest Raynor?

It's obvious that they are both in love with each other and that she sees the zerg as a superior race. Stukov use to hate the Zerg but after his infestation he is working with Kerrigan now. Post-infestation everyone is pro-Zerg. (Kerrigan, Duran, Stukov, Infested Terrans...)

Discuss.
Reply Quote
Because he doesn't want to be infested?
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Dendritic
she sees the zerg as a superior race.

It's more like she is just temporarily making use of zerg to revenge and confront Amon. She did not want to turn into zerg again before hearing the death of Raynor.

04/28/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Dendritic
Stukov use to hate the Zerg but after his infestation he is working with Kerrigan now.

If Stukov is what he is now, he works with Kerrigan because Kerrigan avenged him on Narud and he had nowhere to go afterwards.

Post-infestation everyone is pro-Zerg. (Kerrigan, Duran, Stukov, Infested Terrans...)

It's not whether infested ones are superior or not, it's whether Kerrigan wants to do it or not. I do not think Kerrigan wants Raynor to lose his humanity. She seems to have to have "renounced" him.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure about it when people say that Kerrigan wants to be human again. From what I read in Flashpoint she gets a great thrill from the power she wields. Then when we see her setting in her containment cell in heart of the swarm she isn't really thinking of being turned human again. She's quite happy to leave and go after Mengsk.

I also want to mention this. Flashpoint makes it very clear that there is far more zerg in Kerrigan then just her hair. It mentioned her fingers are elongated and more weapon like while several organs also have modifications. She also appears to be far stronger both psionicaly and physically then she was before though not on par with the QoB until she goes PQoB.

What I do believe especially after reading Flashpoint, playing through Heart of Swarm and reading Queen of Blades is Sarah wants to be with Jim. I haven't seen were she said she wants to return to being human though. Given Jim's thoughts of her in pages 70 and 75 of Queen of Blades I'm also pretty sure he'd be more okay with her being part zerg then many thing.

Quote, "In some ways he was even more drawn to her now, mesmerized by her new form and the new power he sensed within her."

As for her infesting Jim. I believe the best reason for her not doing so is the fact that she loves him. She loves him enough that even when he confronted her as the Queen of Blades she let him leave and even talked with him a bit. Now without Amon's dark influence she respects his wishes and thus doesn't want to force such a transformation on him.Though I don't see what would be wrong with a little genetic modification to ramp up his abilities. It's just a little step beyond using the hormones and stimulants that are used to condition marines.
Reply Quote
He'll end up a mindless infested terran. He has little to no psionic powers so he'll have no control.
Reply Quote
He'll end up a mindless infested terran. He has little to no psionic powers so he'll have no control.

I believe that's more to do with how the infestation is done and what is altered then psionics. Kerrigan's infestation was a 2 month long procedure. Standard infestation seems to be a quick and rough process meant to make more soldiers.
Reply Quote
I hope that happens. Now that would be a huge twist.

She'd never risk it. She specifically told Abathur that there will be no more experimentation on terrans with the Zerg virus because virtually all of them turn into monsters.
Reply Quote
she sees herself as a monster, a powerful monster but still a monster. She wouldn't want to turn Jim, best man ever, into a monster.

Also some artist drew this infested raynor concept and i think its appropriate for this

titled birth of the king,

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/274/e/d/birth_of_the_king_by_blade_fury-d2zuoig.jpg

as a side note duran was never a terran, or a zerg for that matter, he is something else that can morph into anything.
Edited by Vanessa on 4/28/2013 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Vanessa
she sees herself as a monster, a powerful monster but still a monster. She wouldn't want to turn Jim, best man ever, into a monster.

This is my point. But in turn, this'll cause problems by the end of LotV if she survives it.

Because of all the primal Zerg essence she assimilated, Kerrigan achieved immortality (unless physically killed on the battlefield). Raynor would have to eventually die of old age. What then?
Reply Quote
well i dont want to delve too far into the realm of future speculation, but i doubt neither kerrigan nor raynor would realistically engage in a intimate relationship while she is technically an alien. She is going to face amon knowing she will probably die trying to kill him, hence she renounced Jim.

I think the more logical outcomes would be 1. She dies in order to try to stop Amon (success not relevant) and raynor will have to move on

or 2. She sacrifices her queen of blades persona and loses her zerg essence in the campaign to stop amon, and at the risk of going too far, maybe her essence can be used in imbue some kind of weapon that someone else can use against amon, i mean assuming amon is going to be killed it will likely be at the hands of the protoss which the player will be playing.

This is also made possible by the particular intro to zagara, a clearly favored entity by kerrigan to become the next leader of the swarm. In this manner kerrigan could go back to jim

But i dont think blizzard makes a habit of shipping couples so they might never actually get together.
Reply Quote
But i dont think blizzard makes a habit of shipping couples so they might never actually get together.

Yup. Anybody notice the credits music following the epilogue in HotS? Pretty much says it all. Unfulfilled love is likely the way this is heading. Pisses me off.
Edited by DarthTimmy on 4/29/2013 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
From what I read in Flashpoint she gets a great thrill from the power she wields

That's because in addition to infestation she had her mental conditioning undone (after the raid on the Amergo) , when the artifact dezerged her that didn't change.
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 12:37 AMPosted by DarthTimmy

Yup. Anybody notice the credits music following the epilogue in HotS? Pretty much says it all. Unfulfilled love is likely the way this is heading. Pisses me off.

i know, me too. I love this couple. they have been through a lot and it just feels like they deserve it, so tragic!
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 01:05 AMPosted by Vanessa

i know, me too. I love this couple. they have been through a lot and it just feels like they deserve it, so tragic!

It's something I wanted too.

Still, what do the credits music have to do with it?
Reply Quote
This is also made possible by the particular intro to zagara, a clearly favored entity by kerrigan to become the next leader of the swarm. In this manner kerrigan could go back to jim

Yeah Kerrigan made many hints that Zagara might end up leading the swarm someday, just not right now.

Still, even if she does, it doesn't mean the swarm's threat is over.
Reply Quote
Raynor's not psionic.

infesting him would be a waste of time.
Reply Quote
Why I think Kerrigan would not infest Raynor:
1. While he loves her, he basically hates zerg in general. Kerrigan loves him, and would respect him on this.
2. The risk would be too great, as infesting a non-psionic like Raynor most likely would cause him to lose his mind. I refer to the section under the title "Kerrigan's Experiemnts" from this article found at the Starcraft Wiki: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Infested_terran

Having said that, if both Kerrigan and Raynor survive Amon, I see no reason for them not to be together even if Kerrigan stays as the PQoB, as long as they work out their differences (and Kerrigan might as well hand over the Swarm to Zagara if she needs to).

And when it comes to genetical incompatibilty: Procreation is not what I would aim for when saying this, but if Dehaka stubbornly says "I can evolve armor! I can evolve claws" then why should't Kerrigan as a Primal Zerg be able to evolve whatever she needs to have an intimate relationship with Raynor?

Otherwise, they could also stay together as close friends.

Raynor's goal of killing Mengsk has been met, and as he said to Matt after freeing Tosh's brethren: "You'll see that future. But it ain't for the likes of us", in which I interpret that Raynor doesn't have any big goals in helping rebuild the future (or the Terran Dominion) now that Mengsk is gone.
Edited by Sygnious on 4/29/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I am big into soundtracks, they often convey feeling that otherwise go untold (would feel phony and add too many lines if they said every single thing). Clearly the score played after mengsk's death is that of nostalgia, the parting of ways, and as darthtimmy said, of unfulfilled love.

Kerrigan can't go to battle amon having doubts and regrets about her old life, specifically about jim. So what i took from the last cinematic is that kerrigan is leaving the last of her past self and her heart behind with james raynor. I think she does this solely so she can focus on the battle ahead, which i think she is convinced she will not survive even if she is successful. As much as she wants to be with him, she is not meant to be happy, or at least she thinks so.
Edited by Vanessa on 4/29/2013 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I am big into soundtracks, they often convey feeling that otherwise go untold (would feel phony and add too many lines if they said every single thing). Clearly the score played after mengsk's death is that of nostalgia, the parting of ways, and as darthtimmy said, of unfulfilled love.

Kerrigan can't go to battle amon having doubts and regrets about her old life, specifically about jim. So what i took from the last cinematic is that kerrigan is leaving the last of her past self and her heart behind with james raynor. I think she does this solely so she can focus on the battle ahead, which i think she is convinced she will not survive even if she is successful. As much as she wants to be with him, she is not meant to be happy, or at least she thinks so.

Perhaps, but maybe that can be the last thing Raynor would teach her once the war with Amon ends, that she could still be destined for happiness, even after all this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]