StarCraft® II

Can I beef up my Dell Inspiron 17r/N7010?

I was not big on PC gaming when I bought my laptop, so I didn't take much time to check out the specs. Now I regret that. I use the aforementioned laptop and SCII runs at about 10 fps on the lowest graphics settings once I've got 50-something units on the screen.

Is there anything I can do to my laptop to make it perform better for no more than $100, or am I pretty much screwed?
Reply Quote
No, there's nothing you can do that will significantly improve your performance.

When buying in the future, ensure you choose a system with at least a mid-range GPU. Or if you are feeling really spendy, any Thunderbolt equipped notebook can power an external desktop GPU in a PCIe cage.
Reply Quote
Yep. You're screwed. There is literally nothing you can do that will help, unless you upgrade your processor, but if you're currently running at 10fps, there's probably not a cpu worth upgrading to that fits your socket... Sorry.
Reply Quote
I will make sure to do that next time around. Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
I also found out my audio quality was rather high, so I turned that down quite a bit and I actually found the game started running faster. Part of it also seems to be internet connection. When I play at night when no one else is using bandwidth, the game actually runs pretty decent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]