Creating glow/color effect

Hello, I saw some pretty decent usage of tint + glow recently in the Mafia map and it sparked off a few questions:

1) How was the glow/highlighting effect added to the unit? I cannot find any tutorials or information on this online.
2) Are there any other methods to change the base color of a unit besides tinting it to achieve stronger colors? Saturation changes and the like? Would love to be able to modify the color a bit without plastering the entire unit with an ugly single color... a saturation/hue option would be amazing..

Are these possible via the editor?
Reply Quote
For making a unit's tint and glow happen, you need to go to the actor for the unit and go to the events tab/section. Create a new actor event: make the event actor creation (leaving the other 2 options beneath it as they are. Then in the action you change that to be glow... or something like it, I can't quite remember if you want glow, halo, or if it's something completely different; so you will have to tinker around with that. For the tint color there is actually a "Set tint color" option.

As a warning with tinting units, it can sometimes mess with their ownership.

As far as another method goes, the only possible way I know to partially color a unit (like with the zealot vs. the Dark zealot) you would actually need to create a different unit altogether.
Reply Quote
you would actually need to create a different unit altogether.

Sorry, meant different model, not different unit.
Reply Quote
Right... I guess i will tinker around.. though it would be great if someone knew how to actually do this. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]