StarCraft® II

Jim and Sarah

gotta remember, Duran was carrying out his will, we still dont know if duran actually contacted Amon and gave him the info or not, if he has, he definitely i will know about Raynor and Kerrigan

Which is also the other thing, we don't even know if Duran was created by Amon or not.

Plus too many people have tried to exploit their bond and all that, wonder if Amon would use a different strategy...

Yeah but Raynor doesn't know where to look this time

He will come to them.

We'll see. I'm hoping for Amon to make a move against the terrans, forcing Raynor to act to help evacuate people again, putting himself at risk, which in turn would force Kerrigan to break off the attack on Amon to protect him.

He will come to them.

We'll see. I'm hoping for Amon to make a move against the terrans, forcing Raynor to act to help evacuate people again, putting himself at risk, which in turn would force Kerrigan to break off the attack on Amon to protect him.

That is assuming SHE FOUND THEM, not the other way around and say him ambushing her.

That is assuming SHE FOUND THEM, not the other way around and say him ambushing her.

That could be true, but don't forget, it has NEVER been revealed just how big the hybrid army really is...

That could be true, but don't forget, it has NEVER been revealed just how big the hybrid army really is...

im gonna say a number of commanders maybe 10 or so to loads of em

Possibly. I'm just hoping for LotV, in one of the non-Protoss missions, we get to play as terran and Zerg at the same time.

I was kind of disappointed that you couldn't control the Raiders in the last HotS mission.

It would be good to see Raynor and Kerrigan fight side by side again.

And besides, I realized that unlike them, in the WC universe, there weren't as many fans rooting for the couples, which may have explained why Blizzard didn't put them together.

Possibly. I'm just hoping for LotV, in one of the non-Protoss missions, we get to play as terran and Zerg at the same time.

I was kind of disappointed that you couldn't control the Raiders in the last HotS mission.

And besides, I realized that unlike them, in the WC universe, there weren't as many fans rooting for the couples, which may have explained why Blizzard didn't put them together.

yeah well kerrigan/jim do seem a bit more popular

Blizzard's closest attempt at a character as sad and torn as Kerrigan is Sylvanas, but Sylvanas didn't have either the terrible past nor the tragic love story. There are a lot of things touched on by the whole Jim/Sarah thing that make them mean more than really any other Blizzard characters. That's my opinion anyway.
Edited by DarthTimmy on 5/2/2013 12:21 AM PDT

Yeah, and that's why I say they should still end up together.

Look at it this way: of EVERY couple in EVERY Blizzard game, how many of them did not end up together (at the end of the series) when the fans clearly wanted them to?
05/02/2013 12:18 AMPosted by DarthTimmy

Blizzard's closest attempt at a character as sad and torn as Kerrigan is Sylvanas, but Sylvanas didn't have either the terrible past nor the tragic love story. There are a lot of things touched on by the whole Jim/Sarah thing that make them mean more than really any other Blizzard characters. That's my opinion anyway.

yup.
[quote]

Look at it this way: of EVERY couple in EVERY Blizzard game, how many of them did not end up together (at the end of the series) when the fans clearly wanted them to?

Um, what couples? Enligthen me, please.
Don't know anyone specific from the Diablo-universe (don't think there were in Diablo 2, and I haven't played Diablo 3).
Warcraft 3:
- Arthas and Jaina: Nope, Arthas turned evil
- Thrall and Jaina: Well, good friendship, but different races. Are these the ones you refer to when saying fans didn't want them together?
- Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage: They already are a couple! Unless they have broken up?

Do you have a number on couples not ending up together in Blizzard-games?

Disclaimer:
- I played Wow only the first half year after it's release, so most of my knowledge of the Warcraft universe is based on the strategy games and a part from the Wow-wiki.

Don't know anyone specific from the Diablo-universe (don't think there were in Diablo 2, and I haven't played Diablo 3).
Warcraft 3:
- Thrall and Jaina: Well, good friendship, but different races. Are these the ones you refer to when saying fans didn't want them together?
- Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage: They already are a couple! Unless they have broken up?

Disclaimer:
- I played Wow only the first half year after it's release, so most of my knowledge of the Warcraft universe is based on the strategy games and a part from the Wow-wiki.

Well this is why I asked. I'm only in it for the SC universe, I have no interest in the Diablo or WC universes...

Warcraft 3:

Disclaimer:

Well this is why I asked. I'm only in it for the SC universe, I have no interest in the Diablo or WC universes...

Oh, I thought the question was rethorical.
Based on what I know, I think the relationship between Jim and Sarah is one of the most unique among the BLIZZARD games.
I have not noticed anyone else that close (and yet complicated). Not among the main characters anyway

Oh, I thought the question was rethorical.
Based on what I know, I think the relationship between Jim and Sarah is one of the most unique among the BLIZZARD games.
I have not noticed anyone else that close (and yet complicated). Not among the main characters anyway

Understood.

In THAT case, the other couples in the other Blizzard games can't really be relied upon because Jim and Sarah's relationship is deeper than all of them.

Personally, if Blizzard does not put them together by the end of LotV, I'm not sure the SC fans would accept ANY explanation they give...
Personally, if Blizzard does not put them together by the end of LotV, I'm not sure the SC fans would accept ANY explanation they give...

Whatever Blizzard does, they need to do it well. So far I am convinced that the story is driving towards Kerrigan being killed at the end of LotV.

*Kill Kerrigan: If done really, reeeeeally well, Blizzard might be able to pull it off without pissing off all of the Jim/Sarah fans that they created. Still, if they end SC with LotV, I cannot see there being any heart in that sort of ending. If they don't end SC, and continue on to SC3, they will have lost one of the key reasons why people bother with the story: hope on a personal level.

*Save Kerrigan: A magic "you get out of death free" ending can be just about as damaging. If Blizzard wants to save Kerrigan, they have to drive towards the fated ending and not let on that they are gonna save her. They have to implant the subtle justifiers that would get us accustomed to the idea that her dieing is the best option that there is. Really, it has to be just like the ending where she dies, but there needs to be a tangible, deliberate, and personal intervention that saves her character. That right there is hard to pull off in my opinion.
05/02/2013 07:52 PMPosted by DarthTimmy

Whatever Blizzard does, they need to do it well. So far I am convinced that the story is driving towards Kerrigan being killed at the end of LotV.

*Kill Kerrigan: If done really, reeeeeally well, Blizzard might be able to pull it off without pissing off all of the Jim/Sarah fans that they created. Still, if they end SC with LotV, I cannot see there being any heart in that sort of ending. If they don't end SC, and continue on to SC3, they will have lost one of the key reasons why people bother with the story: hope on a personal level.

*Save Kerrigan: A magic "you get out of death free" ending can be just about as damaging. If Blizzard wants to save Kerrigan, they have to drive towards the fated ending and not let on that they are gonna save her. They have to implant the subtle justifiers that would get us accustomed to the idea that her dieing is the best option that there is. Really, it has to be just like the ending where she dies, but there needs to be a tangible, deliberate, and personal intervention that saves her character. That right there is hard to pull off in my opinion.

Well for the former option, then I guess it'll have to depend on Blizzard's mentality: do they believe the SC fans bought HotS for the story, or for the multiplayer?

For allowing Kerrigan to live and not be subjected to Protoss vengeance, this would be something done in LotV.

Remember, the BIGGEST weakness the Protoss have is their unwillingless to change their traditions. This was exactly the reason why Aiur fell to the Zerg.

If they can change their traditions, maybe they can forgive her for the past actions.
Well for the former option, then I guess it'll have to depend on Blizzard's mentality: do they believe the SC fans bought HotS for the story, or for the multiplayer?

Explain what you mean by that please.
05/02/2013 09:50 PMPosted by DarthTimmy

Explain what you mean by that please.

Well, the rumor is that there's just so much multiplayer matches that it seems like that's all that's known about the whole SC series.

But if that's true, then why bother make a campaign AT ALL? Blizzard DID say that there's plenty of fans there who are in it for the lore and everything.

But it's like this: if the majority of the fanbase is in it only for the multiplayer, then Blizzard may have the mentality of "Oh we can blow off the single player and make it crappy, it's not like any of the fans would notice because they only care about multiplayer."
Speaking of which, I found this on deviantart:

http://zam89.deviantart.com/art/My-Queen-369286508
Edited by Sygnious on 5/3/2013 9:11 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]