StarCraft® II

DId Kerrigan really "renounce" Jim?

See title. Seems like a lot of posturing, to make her seem strong and blah blah.
Arcturus knew Kerrigan's weakness for Jim, and I'm sure she can't magic erase that sh!te away, so I wouldn't be surprised if Amon exploits her feelings for him again (I say again, because we know Arcturus was working for Narud, who was working for Amon..etc). Maybe she'd like to forget her love for Jim, but I doubt she truly can..

thoughts?
Reply Quote
Well her love for Jim could be used against her but she could also use it as a motivator. Especially considering that she has quite a nightmare ahead of her to face given how powerful Amon is suppose to be.

To me at least it seems quite possible that Kerrigan hopes to return to Jim but isn't entirely certain she's going to come back alive. Pretty much like most people who are going off to war. I personally hope she survives the war and gets to be with Jim. After all one of the major advantages of power is being able to take what and who you want.
Reply Quote
See title. Seems like a lot of posturing, to make her seem strong and blah blah.
Arcturus knew Kerrigan's weakness for Jim, and I'm sure she can't magic erase that sh!te away, so I wouldn't be surprised if Amon exploits her feelings for him again (I say again, because we know Arcturus was working for Narud, who was working for Amon..etc). Maybe she'd like to forget her love for Jim, but I doubt she truly can..

thoughts?

I don't think it's about that. It's not known how much contact Amon had with the terran race before he died.

It's possible that Kerrigan is only renouncing Raynor in the hope to protect him until Amon is beaten.

Think about it: Mengsk's strategy in using Raynor as a hostage may have backfired on him, but Amon has a much better army, and the principle still holds true.

If Amon discovers from Kerrigan's mind of her deep love for Raynor, he'll immediately target to draw Kerrigan out into the open.

So Kerrigan right now is trying to hide this bond between her and Raynor from Amon.
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Inprea
To me at least it seems quite possible that Kerrigan hopes to return to Jim but isn't entirely certain she's going to come back alive.

This is one of the likely points too.

Right before The Reckoning (the last HotS mission), Kerrigan told Stukov that once Mengsk is taken care of, the swarm will go to fight Amon, but even with the whole swarm, it's not enough to beat him.
Reply Quote
"The man I love." not "The man I loved." Present tense.

"I have renounced everything." not "I renounce everything." Past tense.

If she was expressing being over Jim she would have said those two things in the same "tense."
Example:
"I have renounced everything: The man I loved." Both past tense.
or
"I renounce everything: The man I love." Both present tense.

I'm just being picky cause its fun :P (and I'm right.)
Reply Quote

If she was expressing being over Jim she would have said those two things in the same "tense."
Example:
or

Those work. Still, if you ask Blizzard about it, they'll just say you're reading too much into it.

And it's not like Kerrigan can never be human again. According to the SC wiki, the pool on Zerus only turned her into a Primal Zerg/terran hybrid. She's not 100% Zerg.
Reply Quote

Example:
or

Those work. Still, if you ask Blizzard about it, they'll just say you're reading too much into it.

And it's not like Kerrigan can never be human again. According to the SC wiki, the pool on Zerus only turned her into a Primal Zerg/terran hybrid. She's not 100% Zerg.

I don't believe that's enough to say she isn't a zerg. If you read project blackstone you'll find out the overlords are 93.726% their original species. Are they less zerg? Given who told Valerian about the artifact I'm not even sure if it was meant to cure beings but rather was simply meant to absorb certain zerg aspects. The fact that Kerrigan survived could be more due to the Overmind's skill at genetic modification and her own endurance then some benevolence.
Reply Quote
I think Jim is being silly...he knew about the prophecy of the Overmind witnessed in the ihan crystal: Where Kerrigan is the key to salvation, Kerrigan as the Overmind made her...
So her being brought to human state wouldn't do following a logic trail; now that she is even more powerful than before is even better, but it seems Jim forgot about the prophecy.
Reply Quote
I think Jim is being silly...he knew about the prophecy of the Overmind witnessed in the ihan crystal: Where Kerrigan is the key to salvation, Kerrigan as the Overmind made her...
So her being brought to human state wouldn't do following a logic trail; now that she is even more powerful than before is even better, but it seems Jim forgot about the prophecy.

Well, before HotS's release, Blizzard DID say once you play the game, you'll see that Raynor was a bit too naive.

Which was indeed the case. Zeratul came on his ship (in WoL) with the warning, and for him to find a way to save Kerrigan.

That was true, but Raynor thought Zeratul did this to help the two of them get reunited, and that was NOT Zeratul's intention.

Zeratul was thinking for the whole universe's sake, not just the two of them.
Reply Quote

Exactly. I hope they develop a bit more the necessity of Kerrigan becoming the Primal QoB. I think that if Jim knew that this was critical to her helping to save existence, he may be a bit more understanding. and not so naive to boot. IT would also be interesting if Zeratul knew about Jim being alive (hell the guy seems to be able to get anywhere), and manipulated her into willingly remake herself because he knew she wouldn't do such a thing if Jim were alive (recall she was very troubled with what she was slipping back into when she used the Zerg to take out that giant cannon).
Reply Quote
Exactly. I hope they develop a bit more the necessity of Kerrigan becoming the Primal QoB. I think that if Jim knew that this was critical to her helping to save existence, he may be a bit more understanding. and not so naive to boot. IT would also be interesting if Zeratul knew about Jim being alive (hell the guy seems to be able to get anywhere), and manipulated her into willingly remake herself because he knew she wouldn't do such a thing if Jim were alive (recall she was very troubled with what she was slipping back into when she used the Zerg to take out that giant cannon).

Yeah. I think Jim was taking the prophecy at as minimalistically as he could. He knew that she had to be alive and I don't think he wanted to consider what could be required beyond that. To be fair to him, for all he knew, she had just undergone the same transformation that had stripped her of her morals, ethics, and core personality again. Zeratul knowing he was alive would certainly create some interesting tension.
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 12:59 PMPosted by DarthTimmy

Yeah. I think Jim was taking the prophecy at as minimalistically as he could. He knew that she had to be alive and I don't think he wanted to consider what could be required beyond that. To be fair to him, for all he knew, she had just undergone the same transformation that had stripped her of her morals, ethics, and core personality again. Zeratul knowing he was alive would certainly create some interesting tension.

And this was EXACTLY why Kerrigan had to give Raynor the chance to shoot her and all that. If nothing else, she hoped Raynor could see she's not the same person as the original QoB anymore.
Reply Quote
Still, I think somewhere down there, a part of her DID kind of hope Raynor would move on to find someone else to give him the happiness he needed...
Reply Quote
Still, I think somewhere down there, a part of her DID kind of hope Raynor would move on to find someone else to give him the happiness he needed...

well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up quicker. lol
Reply Quote
05/06/2013 03:33 PMPosted by BroDarkness

well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up quicker. lol

You can do that, I only hope by the end of HotS, Raynor will take the prophecy more seriously now...
Reply Quote
haha I meant, if she wished him to move on, fat chance of that happening. based on the weeks of reading your posts, I think you and I have the same wish ha.
Reply Quote
haha I meant, if she wished him to move on, fat chance of that happening. based on the weeks of reading your posts, I think you and I have the same wish ha.

Well yeah he's not going to move on. But it's not like she'd move on from him either. She's only renouncing him because this war with Amon will require all her focus, if he's defeated and she survives the conflict, she'll come back to him.
Reply Quote
I wonder if in the end of the legacy of the void if they will have to use the xelnogia to Finnish off Amon but in process will either kill Kerrigan leaving Zerg swarm as enemy for future game. Or it will return her to human and that other brood mother will gain power and still leaves zerg as enemy for a sc3, which blizzard would be insane to give up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]