StarCraft® II

DId Kerrigan really "renounce" Jim?

I wonder if in the end of the legacy of the void if they will have to use the xelnogia to Finnish off Amon but in process will either kill Kerrigan leaving Zerg swarm as enemy for future game. Or it will return her to human and that other brood mother will gain power and still leaves zerg as enemy for a sc3, which blizzard would be insane to give up.

First things first. Blizzard hasn't even announced they made plans for an SC3.

But yeah, I REALLY want Kerrigan to return to humanity, I just cannot believe all the efforts are for nothing.

At the VERY least Raynor and Kerrigan need to be together by the end of LotV.
Reply Quote
Side note*

Blizz is always saying that Nova is a important character, how will she fit into this?
Reply Quote
Side note*

Blizz is always saying that Nova is a important character, how will she fit into this?

She is, but so far it's only been true in the books, not the games.
Reply Quote
sort of an interesting point, in broodwar, kerrigan was a puppet master of sorts, she orchestrated several events by manipulating her allies and enemies alike, not even the dark templar matriarch was immune to her machinations.

it seems that in starcraft 2, the roles are slighty reversed, as this time zeratul himself plays the part of "puppet master" by nudging kerrigan and others onto the path of destiny. (or perhaps out of it?) i wonder if any of this is revenge for kerrigan forcing him to kill raszagal.
Reply Quote
sort of an interesting point, in broodwar, kerrigan was a puppet master of sorts, she orchestrated several events by manipulating her allies and enemies alike, not even the dark templar matriarch was immune to her machinations.

it seems that in starcraft 2, the roles are slighty reversed, as this time zeratul himself plays the part of "puppet master" by nudging kerrigan and others onto the path of destiny. (or perhaps out of it?) i wonder if any of this is revenge for kerrigan forcing him to kill raszagal.

Kerrigan would certainly see this as a mean of revenge for what happened to Raszagal, but I doubt Zeratul would go that far.

Either way, I believe she could see there's still a future with Jim if she can be convinced there's a chance she'll survive this war.
Reply Quote
Only thing I see is she said she renounced Jim to be queen of blade and go on a battle she is sure to lose. But there are still many details to have her think otherwise. Jim still got Zeratul's memory recording as he discover she HAS a chance to win, that Thassador is kinda live... enfasis on kinda. That the relic that made her human again (or close enough) was in Mengsk's office, like right next to her, and she can always use it again later if Jim secures it, and why the !@#$ she goes alone on a battle that concern everyone. She got Raynor's raider and the new Dominion with *junior* on the lead to back her up. + Jim and Zeratul (wanna call him big Z) can co-convince the protoss to back her up. After all, queen of blade and Serah were 2 minds in 1 body. And queen of blade kinda died, Serah just took back the body for practical purpose... Anyway, still got protoss campaing to come.
Reply Quote
The point is because Kerrigan thinks she has no allies beyond the swarm, and fighting Amon with the swarm alone is impossible to win. That's why she feels she had to renounce Jim because she feels she's not coming back from this. If she could be convinced otherwise...
Reply Quote
06/30/2013 11:24 PMPosted by ragnarok
The point is because Kerrigan thinks she has no allies beyond the swarm, and fighting Amon with the swarm alone is impossible to win. That's why she feels she had to renounce Jim because she feels she's not coming back from this. If she could be convinced otherwise...

Agreed. It also provides some closure for the gamer on the Jim and Sarah issue. Not saying Blizzard won't put them back together, but they are definitely diverting focus to LotV. They want the gamer to know that Amon is Kerrigan's chief focus now and her final purpose (it's obvious she won't be continuing as QoB whether due to death or returning to human form).
Reply Quote
07/11/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Trooper

Agreed. It also provides some closure for the gamer on the Jim and Sarah issue. Not saying Blizzard won't put them back together, but they are definitely diverting focus to LotV. They want the gamer to know that Amon is Kerrigan's chief focus now and her final purpose (it's obvious she won't be continuing as QoB whether due to death or returning to human form).

Yeah but Kerrigan knows that she can't beat Amon with just the swarm. Therefore, the reason why she said she renounced Raynor is because she thinks this is a suicide mission.

Therefore her strategy would be to wage the war against Amon and weaken him as best she could. However, doing that would come at the cost of the entire swarm, along with her own life.

By then, it would be her hope that the terrans and Protoss would be able to see what was happening, and unite to finish Amon off. And if that happens, then her sacrifice wouldn't be in vain.
Reply Quote
Tell me if I'm wrong but after going through the comments it seems everybody concludes Kerrigan's next war will be "impossible with just the swarm", with Mengsk dead doesn't that kinda open up the Terran forces to aid? At the very least Jim, and his/Kerrigan's numerous allies... And we know they still both love each other, enough for both to sacrifice literally everything numerous times- logic doesn't play a huge part in love so despite the insane level of danger it would be unforgivable to not have them work together in SOME way... And at this point Kerrigan still has her mind- it's a physical transformation- love is blind; although Jim hates Zerg AND QoB, at this point it seems like the only thing he should sacrifice is his prejudice.

Obviously it would be kind hard to bone the QoB considering there's no genitals to be seen, they can potentially still re-humanise her at the end... And enough of this "lets sacrifice ourselves at the last possible second", it just seems like we're due for a really clean getaway, like no one should be left behind...

Anyway that's what I'm hoping for- Jim to stop being a !@#$% and love Kerrigan; Kerrigan returns to human form; no one pulls a 'Predator' move and blows themselves up to save whoever...
Reply Quote
Tell me if I'm wrong but after going through the comments it seems everybody concludes Kerrigan's next war will be "impossible with just the swarm", with Mengsk dead doesn't that kinda open up the Terran forces to aid? At the very least Jim, and his/Kerrigan's numerous allies... And we know they still both love each other, enough for both to sacrifice literally everything numerous times- logic doesn't play a huge part in love so despite the insane level of danger it would be unforgivable to not have them work together in SOME way... And at this point Kerrigan still has her mind- it's a physical transformation- love is blind; although Jim hates Zerg AND QoB, at this point it seems like the only thing he should sacrifice is his prejudice.

Obviously it would be kind hard to bone the QoB considering there's no genitals to be seen, they can potentially still re-humanise her at the end... And enough of this "lets sacrifice ourselves at the last possible second", it just seems like we're due for a really clean getaway, like no one should be left behind...

Anyway that's what I'm hoping for- Jim to stop being a !@#$% and love Kerrigan; Kerrigan returns to human form; no one pulls a 'Predator' move and blows themselves up to save whoever...

Well yes it opens the terran forces to aid, but terrans tend not to take prophecies seriously.

And in case you forgot, the prophecy only spoke of the extinction of the Zerg and Protoss. The terrans weren't mentioned. So to that end, most terrans would believe that this prophecy would leave them alone.

As for Raynor, I'm sure he'd go after her eventually, but for the moment, he'd probably need to talk to Zeratul more about the whole prophecy, since by the end of HotS even he's accepted that it can't be ignored anymore.
Reply Quote
Ragnarok; True.
But given the events at the end of HotS, wouldn't the Zerg no longer be a threat to the Terran? And if so; with Valerian leading the dominion and no Zerg at the door, wouldn't it leave them open not only to potentially assist Kerrigan, but with not a lot else to do? (People argue that they would be "busy", repairing and whatnot- being a videogame that sounds a bit weak...). Wether or not the prophesy includes Terran wouldn't an event that essentially wipes out the Zerg and Protoss have a fairly huge impact on the Terran? It seems that even if there's no direct threat it is counter Terran.

Thinking about it logically, the Terran suffered huge losses because of Arcturus' disregard for his people and his willingness to enter war- I think it would be hard for Valerian to send Terrans straight back into an even bigger fight, especially fighting on the Zerg side.. Would they even follow him ?
As for Jim; his arrival in the final fight against Arcturus' dominion, and saving Kerrigan show that he would fight for her again.. And maybe immediately ?

Also is Kerrigan assumed to have left straight away for LotV at the end of HotS? It would seem silly to not stick around with Jim and Valerian to at least discuss tactics...
Reply Quote
You don't seem to understand that right now there's no plan for HOW to defeat Amon.

Blizzard made it clear in the Q and A sessions: the Overmind's plan in infesting Kerrigan wasn't about saving everyone. It was only to ensure the survival of the Zerg species. The Overmind didn't care if Amon and his hybrids killed everybody else or not.

And under that logic, the Zerg technically would STILL be considered the enemy, because the Overmind didn't care HOW Kerrigan used the Zerg to defeat Amon. Therefore, if she used the swarm and assimilated the whole terran species into its fold to grow stronger, that'd be fine with the Overmind.

Besides, because the prophecy only talked about the Zerg and Protoss extinction, most terrans may have the mentality that Amon would go for the Zerg and Protoss first. The terrans don't have to lift a finger, because the Zerg and Protoss will do the dirty work for them.

For getting the terrans to follow Valerian, this is going to be a HUGE problem because most of Valerian's life was shrouded in shadow. Hell, most people in the sector didn't even know that Mengsk HAD a son.

Therefore, a lot of people would ask the same Q that Raynor suspected in WoL: "How do we know you're not just a cheap carbon copy of your father?"
Reply Quote
Aaaaah, aight. I get they don't know HOW to defeat Amon, I just figured they'd go with strength in numbers, and that if there was a force coming that could knock off two thirds of the primary races inhabiting the universe that the Terrans would be asking "what happens to us when everyone else is gone?", is it not safe to assume that in the cluster !@#$ of destruction rained down on the Zerg and Protoss that the Terran could be effected?

With Kerrigan's humanity seemingly intact isn't it hard to imagine her assimilating the Terran ? Especially after she told Abathur to stop human tests...

The Valerian problem is a good one, can't really get around it until we see what happens...
Reply Quote
Aaaaah, aight. I get they don't know HOW to defeat Amon, I just figured they'd go with strength in numbers, and that if there was a force coming that could knock off two thirds of the primary races inhabiting the universe that the Terrans would be asking "what happens to us when everyone else is gone?", is it not safe to assume that in the cluster !@#$ of destruction rained down on the Zerg and Protoss that the Terran could be effected?

With Kerrigan's humanity seemingly intact isn't it hard to imagine her assimilating the Terran ? Especially after she told Abathur to stop human tests...

The Valerian problem is a good one, can't really get around it until we see what happens...

And yes, in WoL, Flashpoint, and HotS, both Raynor and Kerrigan agreed that Valerian is very different from his father.

But from a cynical perspective, different means NOTHING. Who's to say Valerian isn't an even BIGGER monster than his father?

And as for why Kerrigan didn't stay behind to discuss tactics, it may be because she felt if she stayed, Raynor would tell her he wanted to go with her in this war.

For Kerrigan, she can't ask that of him. Hell, if it weren't for him, she would have died because Mengsk had the artifact.

Therefore, as far as she's concerned, Raynor had saved and protected her WAY too many times. This time, she has to prove she can do the same for him, without asking him of ANYTHING.
Reply Quote
Gnarly insight
Reply Quote
And besides, right now Kerrigan is firmly convinced that this is a suicide mission she's going on.

Even if Raynor went after her, his Raiders are few in number. The Dominion military right now mostly exists on paper after her revenge on Mengsk, so it's of little practical use.

The only LARGE military faction left is the Protoss, and they'd shoot her on sight.

As such, Kerrigan believes she's not coming back from this war, so there's no point to make plans for a future with Jim.
Reply Quote
Ill boycott LotV of Jim or Kerrigan die. Imagine pulling off WoL and then getting imprisoned before you can even have a crack at Kerrigan in her human form... after looking like a corpse for so long...
Reply Quote
07/21/2013 08:14 PMPosted by CptCrunch
Ill boycott LotV of Jim or Kerrigan die. Imagine pulling off WoL and then getting imprisoned before you can even have a crack at Kerrigan in her human form... after looking like a corpse for so long...

Yeah but I think Raynor would accept Kerrigan in the primal Zerg form if it really came to that. He just needs to first make sure it's really her in there, and not the murdering psycho he swore to kill after Fenix's death.

This could be a problem for Raynor as well if he attempts to contact the Protoss: they'll accuse him of betrayal because his feelings for her were too strong.
Reply Quote
Maybe blizzard should leave less to the imagination, the possibilities are staggering...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]