StarCraft® II

What's going to happen to Ghost Program...

...now that Valerian is the Emperor.

I mean, taking "gifted" children from their parents by force and brainwashing them to be assassins is a rather abhorrent practice. As Valerian is supposed to be a good guy, surely it will be discontinued?
Reply Quote
It will probably be reformed, not discontinued. Every government needs covert ops to do its dirty work.
Reply Quote
It will probably be reformed, not discontinued. Every government needs covert ops to do its dirty work.

I meant the practice of drafting children, not the program itself.
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Alex

I'd say Valerian would give the children a choice to become soldiers or not.

Maybe they'll just be Dominion spec ops soldiers, no longer assassins.

But the Dominion ghosts that are still around, that's another story...
Reply Quote
Hopefully, it becomes more like Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters from X-men.

At least the children / students at the school should be given a descent life while living there, while also having the opportunity to keep in touch with their family.
Strong psionic kids will have to learn to control their powers anyway, otherwise risk hurting people around, like what happend with Kerrigan's parents
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 01:23 PMPosted by ragnarok

Hmm....I wonder what Nova will be up to...
I hope for her own sake she will not be foolish enough to try taking on Kerrigan (or Raynor for that matter)
Reply Quote

Hmm....I wonder what Nova will be up to...
I hope for her own sake she will not be foolish enough to try taking on Kerrigan (or Raynor for that matter)

Well Nova is different than the other ghosts. Still, Blizzard already said she'll be back in LotV anyway, I just hope it'll be for a GOOD cause.
Reply Quote
Hopefully, it becomes more like Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters from X-men.

At least the children / students at the school should be given a descent life while living there, while also having the opportunity to keep in touch with their family.
Strong psionic kids will have to learn to control their powers anyway, otherwise risk hurting people around, like what happend with Kerrigan's parents

Considering that kids with psionic powers strong enough to hurt someone a very rare (and very valuable) it would be more practical to provide them with government sponsored personal tutors (something for retired Ghosts to do). Everyone else can be trained via an extra curricular activity program.
Reply Quote
Maybe the plan is to have Nova get taken as Zeratul's apprentice so she can bring protoss training methods back to the Ghost Academy.
Reply Quote
Maybe the plan is to have Nova get taken as Zeratul's apprentice so she can bring protoss training methods back to the Ghost Academy.

Don't quite see that happening, though I'm more curious just WHAT Nova would be doing in LotV. She better fight on the side of good this time...
Reply Quote
I think I just found out what happened to the Ghosts program. :)
Reply Quote
I think I just found out what happened to the Ghosts program. :)

Explain it here then...
Reply Quote
^ It's a current events joke.
Reply Quote
^ It's a current events joke.

Well either way, IF the Ghost Program still exists after Valerian is emperor, I expect some HUGE changes...
Reply Quote
If the Dominion becomes a little more democratic now that valerian's in power, he could make it more like the Umojan Shadow Gaurd. The Umojan psyonics were used for survalance against the dominion and all the operatives maintained their free will. All the unethical methods the confederacy and the dominion used to their gifted children turned Nova and the other operatives into mindless killing macheines. If the new dominion can adopt more ethics from umoja, which it more likely will be since Valarian grew up in the protectorate, the ghosts can have their memories given back to them and given a choice to either leave or stay into a reformed ghost acadamy.

Atleast that's what I want to see. I have a feeling that since it is roumored that Nova will make an apperance in LotV that some of the ghost opperatives as well as reminants of the dominion armada will still fight for their obliterated emperor. (Might be some of the terran enemys in LotV's campaign)

I'm curious about what the "Starcraft ghost" team will do for bringing Nova's story to a close because I'm really itching for her to come to terms with her past, before and after the ghost acadamy, and fight for something right.
Reply Quote
No one reads the video game news? Tough crowd.
Reply Quote
I'm curious about what the "Starcraft ghost" team will do for bringing Nova's story to a close because I'm really itching for her to come to terms with her past, before and after the ghost acadamy, and fight for something right.

The problem is that the SC Ghost story was mostly already told via the book SC Ghost Spectres, Rainbowhawk. Didn't you read that book?
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 04:11 PMPosted by ragnarok

The problem is that the SC Ghost story was mostly already told via the book SC Ghost Spectres, Rainbowhawk. Didn't you read that book?

Yeah i've read the book, but it didn't give the closer I wanted. Nova still chose to go back to forgeting the past instead of confronting it.
Reply Quote

Yeah i've read the book, but it didn't give the closer I wanted. Nova still chose to go back to forgeting the past instead of confronting it.

Yeah but the ending showed otherwise.
Edited by ragnarok on 5/3/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah but you need to remember the ending: given what she experienced with Bennett, she felt the Dominion was the better choice.But that only meant she choice the lesser of two evils (at least from her POV).

Well then someone has to show her that she doesn't have to choose between two evils anymore because their is a good after the fire in WoL & HotS.

Could open a new chapter in the story where the "freaks" find a way to be human and fit in without having to be mindless killers of courrpt leaders.
Edited by Rainbowhawk on 5/3/2013 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]