StarCraft® II

Call to Action: May 2 Balance Testing

(Locked)

Community Manager
We’ve just published a custom version of Akilon Wastes, called "Akilon Wastes (2.0.7 Balance v1.0)," in which we’re testing small balance changes to StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. Our plan is to first consider these, and then potentially test additional changes. If you're looking for the balance team's thoughts behind each change, check out our recent Call to Action blog. Here’s what we're testing:

Protoss

Oracle
  • Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4
  • Acceleration increased from 2 to 3

Zerg

Burrow
  • Research cost decreased from 100/100 to 50/50.

Spore Crawler
  • Damage increased from 15 +15 vs. biological to 15 +30 vs. biological

Thank you for your continued feedback and support. We kindly ask that you take your time to play plenty of games on the balance test map before offering your thoughts on the changes above. We’ve already reviewed your previous feedback on the proposed changes, and at this point we’re only looking for actual gameplay feedback so that we can determine whether or not we’ll need another test map.

Thank you!
Shiny :O

Is just absurd. Oracles move as fast as Mutalisks now? What a joke.

This will accomplish nothing

I strongly disagree with you, on both the speed change and the spore change respectively. I feel like the Oracle will be a lot more fun to watch, and will encourage more micro from Protoss players.

And the spore change will accomplish quite a bit, 30 dmg per shot is nasty.
Edited by Krakauer on 5/2/2013 4:22 PM PDT
Spore Crawler
Damage increased from 15 +15 vs. biological to 15 +30 vs. biological

and this:

Oracle
Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4
Acceleration increased from 2 to 3

THANK YOU

finally zerg burrow is useful

and second idea with spore crawler not so sure but ok

btw no changes to swarm host???
looking for a buff
Edited by LegiT on 5/2/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Little disappointed there aren't any changes to the hydralisk.

is this because you don't know what to do with them yet, or is it part of your not wanting to drastically change the way the game is working right now?
Spore Crawler Damage increased from 15 +15 vs. biological to 15 +30 vs. biological

If I'm not mistaken, this is an attempt to nerf mutas in ZvZ without it affecting other matchups
Edited by Rokuvaty on 5/2/2013 4:15 PM PDT
awesome,

Remember people, only provide feedback here if you have played the map
Oracles should not be buffed. Seriously they can destroy an economy faster than almost anything without basically no skill involved. If you are wanting to make them more exciting I say go back to the drawing board. It's just too volatile as is and now it will be worse. I've noticed a huge over flow of low skill Protoss players in masters league simply because they open oracles every game ( at least vs Terran ). I've asked plenty of Protoss about the buff and none of them felt it was needed, and even agreed that they are already really ridiculous. I may not be the top of the food chain but I'm sure most people would agree.

He said scout for proxies...sometimes its just going to be missed regardless if you scout, and you really shouldn't design a game around having to blindly prepare for such a silly easy effective way to destroy an economy.

It seems like they fixed that problem with banshee's vs toss in HotS, yet now you encourage a similar problem in PvT. Let's not play the blind counter game.
Edited by DoomDash on 5/2/2013 4:22 PM PDT
If I'm not mistaken, this is an attempt to nerf mutas in ZvZ without it affecting other matchups

That's why Is aid it will accomplish nothing

Mutalisks in ZvZ won't fly into a base (usually) until after they have enough to snipe a Spore outright anyways. In the meantime they deny bases and grab map control.
the spore crawler buff didnt work the last time so we must need more of it
Spore Crawler
Damage increased from 15 +15 vs. biological to 15 +30 vs. biological

Good change, considering you guys have made it evident time and time again that Skytoss is to remain overpowered, Hydralisks will never be truly worth their cost, and Zerg AA is to remain forever pathetic.

Research cost decreased from 100/100 to 50/50.

Could potentially be useful actually, 50/50 is pretty damn cheap. Even in the early game, speedlings into burrowed banelings might yield some interesting early game aggression. Or it will just make early Roach play even stronger with good micro from the Zerg player.

Oracle

Eh, this seems really drastic and one of Blizzards, "Lets buff it until it's OP and then people will use it, then we will dial it down again". The issue with the Oracle was that it is gimmicky and hard countered by static defense (Kinda has to be considering it almost instakills workers). A better change that would have rewarded solid micro would have been to yes, buff acceleration, but also to increase the range while lowering the damage on the beam, so they could micro around the sweet spots in the static defense, similar to high level Banshee play which was awesome to watch.

Going to save my judgements for this change, I do think it will be OP though, 3 and a little bit to flat out 4 is FAST for a unit that instakills stuff, but at least you guys are finally looking at making changes that raise the skill cap of the unit, rather then, "We are thinking of making it do more damage".

Little disappointed there aren't any changes to the hydralisk.

Just a little? I'm like, alot disappointed.

btw no changes to swarm host???

I guess three tournaments in a row and constant forum complaints about how ridiculously niche (PvZ but, not for long considering Protoss players are already figuring out how to fight against it better) this unit is and how utterly useless it is out of its niche isn't enough to warrant some changes.
Shiny :O

I strongly disagree with you, on both the speed change and the spore change respectively. I feel like the Oracle will be a lot more fun to watch, and will encourage more micro from Protoss players.

And the spore change will accomplish quite a bit, 30 dmg per shot is nasty.

Actually 45 per shot. But who seriously attacks into spores? Mutas are for map control to take expos and deny opponents until critical mass. Like seriously? what a joke. They need more than gold league players implementing plans at Blizzard imo.
Just a little? I'm like, alot disappointed.

only a little. Im a protoss player, and Hydralisks are currently wedged into an odd void in the zerg arsenal even if they were buffed.
What time does proxy oracle hit now? I have no problem with this stuff in general, im just worried that it will hit before marines or mines can be ready.
Actually 45 per shot. But who seriously attacks into spores? Mutas are for map control to take expos and deny opponents until critical mass. Like seriously? what a joke. They need more than gold league players implementing plans at Blizzard imo.

Hey if 3 spores 1-hits a muta that has max armor, then who is to say that the muta ball can now poke a base unharmed?

Also, it means you can make 3 spores at each base, then use hydras to take a third, while using lings to prevent him from taking his own.
Edited by TheGame on 5/2/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Oracle

You are only buffing the gimmicky part; the only part of it which is good (its early game speed and ability to trash mineral lines).

If you want the oracle to be seen more through out the match ups; you have to change what isn't working.
awesome,

Remember people, only provide feedback here if you have played the map

Haven't played yet, but before people rage about the Oracle buff remember this.
Spore crawlers never could outrun Oracles anyway. Lot'a good that'l do them.
What time does proxy oracle hit now? I have no problem with this stuff in general, im just worried that it will hit before marines or mines can be ready.

Considering proxy oracles are made right at your doorstep, I think it will hit 1 whole second! earlier. Maybe 2. But the time difference will be negligible for proxy oracles.
Nerf widowmines!
WoW. Oracles might be good now outside of an allin. Nice. That Spore buff though is just kinda stupid. Just nerf the Muta slightly. Which would make so much more sense vs all match ups. Cause its kinda like just stupid of a unit now.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]