StarCraft® II

Call to Action: May 2 Balance Testing

(Locked)

Spore Crawler
Damage increased from 15 +15 vs. biological to 15 +30 vs. biological

Why did you still follow through on this even after most people replied to the thread where you initially suggested it saying that it wont solve the muta vs muta problem?

Everyone's calling for a hydra buff. Why aren't you trying any of those suggestions? Buffing spores like this will accomplish nothing.
If Blizzard thinks that the Oracle's too easy to snipe (sometimes seems so, but their beam is also too strong for them not to be), why not reduce the radius of Revelation but make it detect (yes - the 2 spells kinda overlap a bit), so - why not make the 2 overlapping abilities into 1 and THEN make a new 3rd spell which would be something like siphon energy for recharging shields.. ?

That way if Oracle's gonna be attacked by w/e you could recharge it's shields (at least partially), and you could use it well vs all the races (Terran CC, Protoss Nexus or MSCore, Zerg - Queens) to increase survivability of the Oracle itself and make it "live for another day" without it actually being OP.. :)

So yah - the Oracle's problem is that it has 2 overlapping abilities without having an actual later use except spot on for Tempests or map awareness
Edited by LoverMaN on 5/4/2013 1:03 AM PDT
Oracle buff will have no effect in the mid-late game which is the main problem with the unit as it stands. Needs to be hardier, it evaporates instantly in any real engagement. Or, better yet, combine the 2 vision spells then add a spell that has some use late game.

Combined solution - > have that aforementioned spell be a 50 energy shield that boosts armor so you can actually use it in a battle. It'll still be soft to start but if you keep a few long enough to build energy you can actually use it in a fight.
Edited by SlouchFactor on 5/4/2013 9:14 AM PDT
Oracle buff will have no effect in the mid-late game which is the main problem with the unit as it stands. Needs to be hardier, it evaporates instantly in any real engagement. Or, better yet, combine the 2 vision spells then add a spell that has some use late game.

Combined solution - > have that aforementioned spell be a 50 energy shield that boosts armor so you can actually use it in a battle. It'll still be soft to start but if you keep a few long enough to build energy you can actually use it in a fight.

I like this idea, the oracle needs some way to get even just a little more defence. I think if Blizz doesnt want to change it's abilities than a straight upgrade to oracle health or shields (researched @ fb) would help. While I like the free speed boost, it doesn't solve anything.
So let me get this straight, Spore Cralwers are now going to do 52.3 DPS to Mutalisk? Ya, that seems like a good idea.
Buff Hydra or Infestor damage vs air.

Oracles should recieve an ability that allows them to drain enemy buildings health for shield regeneration.
How does Burrow fix the problem of Terran having 15 different builds to choose from which are all effective and its impossible to blindly prepare for all of them.
Agree with spore, but not the rest.
spore idea is terrible

buff the corruptor it has a hard time doing it role as aa already and it would solve mutas vs muta of course though we are looking for a ground approach really then u would need to otherwise buff the hydra or the infestor

I suggest a + damage to flying units with fungal growth as zerg AA is dead
OR
Buff hydra health +20
(hydra should have the 2 upgrades combined into 1 -just makes sense we have to spend way to much time upgrading them to make them remotely useful) then we all know they are still not good enough to beat sky toss not even when u mix them with corruptor mutas all 3 together no answer they just dont cut it mainly cause of the hydra

like really who is on this balance team ? spore buff is that the best idea you can come up with? and you are only attempting to solve a zvz problem not zvp air toss were we are BSing our way around OP air units from toss that we dont have an answer for

FYI infestors were nerfed to death REDUCE THE COST OF INFESTORS AT LEAST !!

you care about oracles? lategame?

infestors lategame infested terran can not even kill workers with +3 armor since they get NO upgrades ??
--> what you should have done ---> nerf the damage of infested terran by 1 or 2
removing all upgrades took away 3 damage and 3 armor late game ? THATS HUGE NERF ! ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS
Edited by KingofQueens on 5/4/2013 2:49 PM PDT
Greetings to the team blizzard, interesting changes proposed, here I left you my personal comments:

Oracle
Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4
Acceleration increased from 2 to 3

This allow escape to the Oracle, also allows you to hunt and destroy much more easy and effective workers, if the opponent does not have defense AA or kills their Queen in the zerg case and the oracle surprises them simply must pursue the lot of workers and ensures that they will be destroyed.

Burrow
Research cost decreased from 100/100 to 50/50.

This will turn the game much more aggressive and dynamic since the beginning, wich will change the metagame, for example the terran so often, thanks to the oracle and the new burrow has to open with turrets, which is interesting; the problem is that the terran is still a somewhat insufficient and hard initial Macro and in theory this change will become a little heavy.

You are changing the 3 MU and above all we will see more roaches in play from the beginning.

Maybe the solution in ZvZ in matters from bane-ling wars.

Spore Crawler
Damage increased from 15 +15 vs. biological to 15 +30 vs. biological

This change is so much, the players can abuse a lot from spore crawlers if you realize. I would recommend first see how works the new burrow which is much more dynamic and allows the zerg player to be aggressive from the beginning, the tree that unlocks roach openers are much more effective with this new change, Roach-Hydra gameplay and if there is initial pressure this do not give enough time to the zerg to go by Mutalisks because they have to defend or lose their expansion.
Edited by Survivor on 5/4/2013 6:09 PM PDT
What the guy above me said
How does Burrow fix the problem of Terran having 15 different builds to choose from which are all effective and its impossible to blindly prepare for all of them.

As if builds and countering matter.
I've been playing this balance map recently, and even at 50/50 the burrow roach push can be countered with 1-3 bunkers by terran with only half decent repair micro. It does help, but at a respectable level of play their initial scout of the warren will lead to defense being set when your roaches get there.
Just give hydralisks +5 damage against light air targets or something. ANYTHING. Buffing spore crawlers is useless!!!!

Oracles I'm okay with, but I don't really know that burrow will be that much more optimal.

But goshdarnit blizz, STOP IGNORING THE ACTUAL PROBLEM.
Burrow is fine at 100/100 cost, the problem is it takes so damn long to research. Leave the cost the same and reduce the research time by ~25-33% and i think it'd be a little more attractive early game.
Muta needs a nerf
Here is the rest of the patch... i hope:

- Widowmines minus Activation-Range
- Widowmines minus Splashradius
- Widowmines Splash from 40 reduced to 35
- Widomines HP - 10
- Widowmines + 25 Gas, 75/25 raise to 75/50
- Medivacs + 20 seconds Speed-Cooldown, to 40 seconds
- Medivacs Speedactivation costs now 25 Energy
- Hellbat no healing from medivacs
- Hellbats DPS vs Armored and Light is to high for only 100 minerals, they need a reduction:
- Hellbats keep the same DPS and Damage like Hellions, no Boni after transform [the changes to Hellions are the old +45HP and another Splashradius… that’s enough to fulfill their ingame function]
- Hellbats can also now use Blueflame as update, after exploration in TechLab
- Hellbats less damage vs structure/buildings

- Phönix minus 1 Range, like WOL status
- High Templar Storm now has a visible Charching-Time of 1 second in the area of effect

- Infestor Fungalrange + 1 Upgrade / 200/200Gas
- Infestor old Damage vs Armored back: 40
- Hydra Range 6 instant, without Upgrade
[Hydra: 100mins/50gas + 80hp?... make this unit more flexible pl... big THX]
- Hydra AntiAir Upgrade + 1 Range / 6 to 7 AA / cost 200 Mins/200 Gas
- Corrupter DPS from 8 and 10 to: 10 vs Light and 12 vs Heavy
- Corrupter Speed + 0,25
- Overseer Contaminate from 125 to 100
- Viper cloud also melee the Widowmines

- - - NEW Zerg Upgrade / make the swarm more like the swarm...:
- in Hatch/ T1 - "Swarm Regeneration" / 150Mins/150 Gas/120 Sek.
- elevate regeneration of burrowed units
- at the moment 0,27 HP/ 1 second
- now with Upgrade: burrowed 1 HP/ 1 second
[- contrast: Protosshields regenerate 2 HP in 1 Sec and Units are still mobile]

More attractive ZERGGAMEPLAY:
- Burrowcosts from 100/100 to 50Mins/50Gas
- Burrow Upgrade Time from 100 to 75 Sec.
- Nydus:
1. Nydusbuilding 150/200 to 150/150 Gas
2. Nydusworm 100/100 to 100/50 Gas
3. Nydustime 20 seconds to 15 seconds
4. Units entertime from 0,25s stay / 0.5s to exit Units reducing to 0,25s
-Overlorddrop-Upgrade from 200/200 to 100/100 Gas
- Enduring Locusts from 200/200 to 150/150
- Enduring Locusts from 120s to 75s

THX
hf

[INFO: in Europe im Master... almost 4000 Games]
when some players only look on Profiles to accept comments ;D lol
Edited by LuX on 5/5/2013 4:25 PM PDT
This game is a lost cause. Blizzard don't know what to do with it. All they care about is profits, and how to make e-sports look "Cool".

Zerg are such a joke race now.
Terran got every toy possible to play with. The only thing they haven't got atm is WARP IN.
Toss are still "Turtle" until they can A-move.

This game sucks. It should be renamed "Turtle craft". Sick of playing against T and P who win simply because they cannot be attacked. Meaning they can make mistake after mistake with their macro and still win.

Fail game is fail. Sick of Blizzard and how they use psychological marketing and appeal to the %*%!*%#!@@* of the gaming world.
The censor is pretty much, Blizzard games attract the TRASH of the gaming world. Realized this when I switched from the "Kiddy" ego fest WoW game, to a real mmo that has a player base that don't act like pre-puberty kids that think they are cool online.
BLIZZARD, pl try to make good changes in the next weeks...
Why wait month after month...
Please try changes and than we wanna look after each month.
Better 1 Patch a month than 1 Patch in 3-6 Months.

--- And... Idea... in the mappool always the same maps... thats ok, but why there is always 1 Design for each Map... it can be more attractive, when there are 3 or more designs [Tropic/Jungle/...], Random or with Vote selection for playing with Designs or no... For the Fans and the diversion...
So u have mappool for example:
- 8 maps/per 3 Designs/ 24 Variations...
- 3 MapVotes ...
- 5 Maps per 3 designs...15 variations...
- 1 Vote Mapdesignvariations: Yes or No
Will be great ;D

--- And… Why is there a Level 30 XP Cap for a Race? There will be extreme more Motivation and Fun when there is a endless rising Number… There will be a positive change each day, without looking on Win/Loss Stats.

--
For me important:
- Faster patchintervall
- New mapdesigns
- Endless XP Level
--

Big THX for the great game and ur Community Support
Hf
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]