... not sure PvP

Hi all,

I genuinely lost the last 3 games due to Zealot cheese.

Game 1: they waited for 4 gates and charged at me with zealots to which I had to micro stalkers and try defend with MSC until everything died. I was teched up 3 gateway 1 cyber 1 robo

Game 2: straight off the bat, klontas mire, continuous zealots charging at me from when gateway finished, followed by 3-4 zealots straight away.

Game 3: 2 gates continuous zealots

What happened.. is Zealot cheese a thing these days? How would I deal with this?

Thank you for your advice
Edited by Navi on 5/7/2013 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If it's proxy 2-gate zealots you can just go 2-gate zealots yourself and try to out zealot micro while teching to a MSC. Your better economy should eventually wear them down.

You can also throw down a forge and put up a defensive cannon or two. It's a more reliable defense, but not as good economically.

If you already have gas you can get stalkers out off 2-gate and micro like a god to take them all down. You can also pull probes to help deal with the zealots. You'll eventually get up to around 7 stalkers and then you can just press all the way through the zealots and go kill your opponent.
Reply Quote
What wraithcube said. With the Mothership Core around, proxy 2 Gate just doesn't work anymore unless you don't scout at all.
Reply Quote
Ignore what above people said :D. I've done some 2 gate proxy zealot cheeses, and it basically just comes down to who has better micro. Because if the guy going zealot is good enough he'll kill you before you get MSC or anything.
Reply Quote
Ignore what above people said :D. I've done some 2 gate proxy zealot cheeses, and it basically just comes down to who has better micro. Because if the guy going zealot is good enough he'll kill you before you get MSC or anything.

Proxy 2-gate, sure. I think wraithcube was talking about a zealot pressure build for that one.
Reply Quote
Proxy zealot will work at a decent winrate up until plat.

Learn to stop it and you get a chit ton of free wins. Double gate if you scout it or chrono your MSC and stalker and run all your probes away. Generally what I do if I don't scout it is mine enougbh for a MSC and zealot/stalker then run all your probes+stalker or zealot to his base and base trade. He won't be able to get anything that shoots up, proceed to kill his 4-6 zealots with your msc + stalker, gg
Reply Quote
Proxy zealot will work at a decent winrate up until plat.

Learn to stop it and you get a chit ton of free wins

As stated before, it comes down to micro, even though the defender *should* have a bit of an advantage once they know what to do. That's why I still see pros lose to it occasionally on streams.
Reply Quote
Sometimes it's hard to scout a Proxy 2-Gate. If it's a little map, you can just scout around the opponent's base and if there's nothing there it probably is. Just put another Gateway in your base. Pull a few Probes and use pull-back micro. You can get the Zealot lead like that and eventually get Warp Gate and pummel from there.

If you didn't scout it in time then hope you can get your Stalkers out and use Stalker/Probe to fight. Micro is all I can say there.
Reply Quote
Scout for proxy gates on 10 supply. You can take your time getting to your opponent's base in PvP anyway, so check everything.

Since it comes down to micro, I go for the forge defense if I find a proxy. Place the cannon so that it can be blocked in by a pylon, and don't get supply blocked. Proxy players will often just quit when they get to your base and see the cannon finishing.
Reply Quote

Keep in mind that matching your opponent's production by throwing down an additional Gateway yourself is still a good response to a scouted proxy 2 Gate. If you are also good enough, you can buy yourself enough time for the Mothership Core to finish.
Reply Quote
I seem someone 2 gate proxy artosis one time on his stream and he went 3 gate and chrono zealots out
Edited by Mrjellop on 5/8/2013 4:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Proxy 2gate is unstoppable UNLESS you see it and have a zealot before he has 2. If he kills a pylon and then stops or other pylons he can stop u. If u pull probed to stop the zealots he will chew threw probes. U need amazing micro to win. And if he 2 gates u with amazing micro and u go cyber and no 2nd gate u lose. By the time MSC cones out its too late. U must scout it if they 10-2gate inside it base.
Reply Quote
is Game 1 talking about a Korean 4-gate?
Reply Quote
1) Scout
2) If you see nothing in their main, put down a forge asap. In higher leagues you can be fancier and do other things but a forge and 1 cannon near your mineral line will shut down both a proxy 2 gate and a cannon rush.
3) Chrono out your own zealots, get gas and stalkers.
4) win

I've had several guys try to proxy 4 gate me. As in, they build everything including their cyber at the proxy location and not attack with 3 zealots to start. Easily defeated, but wonder where this comes from? Seems like a bad build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]