StarCraft® II

RAYNOR WTF

-kerrigan kills his toss friend fenix
-kerrigan gets uninfested, infest herself again
-kerrigan kill thousands of civilian terrans by sending broodmothers to kill planets
-kerrigan kills a lot of protoss
-raynor allies with her

.... raynor wtf
Reply Quote
-kerrigan and raynor fall in love
-kerrigan is betrayed by their most trusted ally
-kerrigan gets painfully twisted into a monster and cries out to raynor for help
-kerrigan has her morality, ethics, and self control taken by the Overmind
-kerrigan has those things restored by being deinfested
-kerrigan gets reinfested and still keeps said qualities
-kerrigan saves raynor and offers him the choice to kill her
-kerrigan brings down an enemy that won't stop hunting her
-kerrigan avoids harming civilians at great tactical risk
-kerrigan is key to universe surviving

Reply Quote
kerrigan is key to universe surviving

This last one is still up on the air, the prophecy isn't clarified yet. We need LotV to know the WHOLE picture...
Reply Quote
-kerrigan kills his toss friend fenix
-kerrigan gets uninfested, infest herself again
-kerrigan kill thousands of civilian terrans by sending broodmothers to kill planets
-kerrigan kills a lot of protoss
-raynor allies with her

.... raynor wtf

The protoss first response upon seeing Kerrigan was to summon the golden armada in order to have her killed. This was before she'd even done them any harm and they didn't even ask her intentions or show any signs that they might be reasoned with. I would call that self defense.

As for those worlds. The first was a hub of Dominion military production, the second was where the Dominion produced its newest ships and the third was a list of enemy targets. Destroying an enemies weapons production is to be expect during a time of war. Raynor didn't seem to have issue with either Tosh or his people blowing up a Dominion factory even though it cost millions of civilians their lives. At least according to Kate's broadcast in Wings of Liberty.

Plus we don't know the actual civilian death toll. Just think of the short story changeling. It gives us a look at a Dominion production world and why the planet is mineral retch it is only lightly populated.
Reply Quote
A prophecy that misread could have been.

No telling what future holds.

-kerrigan and raynor fall in love
-kerrigan is betrayed by their most trusted ally
-kerrigan gets painfully twisted into a monster and cries out to raynor for help
-kerrigan has her morality, ethics, and self control taken by the Overmind
-kerrigan has those things restored by being deinfested
-kerrigan gets reinfested and still keeps said qualities
-kerrigan saves raynor and offers him the choice to kill her
-kerrigan brings down an enemy that won't stop hunting her
-kerrigan avoids harming civilians at great tactical risk
-kerrigan is key to universe surviving

Well because you know they can disregard everything that happened in SC1 because they can. All they have to do is say the magic word and everything becomes instantly better.
Reply Quote
This last one is still up on the air, the prophecy isn't clarified yet. We need LotV to know the WHOLE picture...

"Foolish prideful children. There was one among you who could have jeopardized my great plan. But in your recklessness, you mistook her for the true threat." - Dark Voice.

I think that's as definitive as Blizzard will be that Kerrigan is key to saving the universe. I read somewhere that by the end of HoTS, this alternate futue has been prevented. I think that was a quote from a Blizzard rep but I can't find it...
Reply Quote
05/06/2013 07:24 AMPosted by BroDarkness

"Foolish prideful children. There was one among you who could have jeopardized my great plan. But in your recklessness, you mistook her for the true threat." - Dark Voice.

I think that's as definitive as Blizzard will be that Kerrigan is key to saving the universe. I read somewhere that by the end of HoTS, this alternate futue has been prevented. I think that was a quote from a Blizzard rep but I can't find it...

Careful, this is where you're not looking at the quote carefully enough.

Amon said "one who could have JEOPARDIZED my great plan"

He did not say "one who could have THWARTED my great plan"

Kerrigan's survival only gives others a FIGHTING CHANCE. It does NOT guarantee Amon's defeat.
Reply Quote
that was my point, it's not guaranteed but I think that's as much as Blizzard will give us in terms of her ability to stave off the apocalypse.
Reply Quote
that was my point, it's not guaranteed but I think that's as much as Blizzard will give us in terms of her ability to stave off the apocalypse.

Yeah that's something we'll learn in LotV, and whatever Blizzard reveals in there...
Reply Quote

i dont get why blizzard keeps making quotes like that. it devalues the arch villain, which devalues every single character of the game.

"foolish nephalem! even though you have lighted the signal fire, you will never find my siege weapons whose exact location is here, here and here!"

"i dont need my siege weapon to defeat you arrogant nephalem! i still have my sin hearts just about 3 miles ahead of you and you will never make it to them!"

Reply Quote

i dont get why blizzard keeps making quotes like that. it devalues the arch villain, which devalues every single character of the game.

"foolish nephalem! even though you have lighted the signal fire, you will never find my siege weapons whose exact location is here, here and here!"

"i dont need my siege weapon to defeat you arrogant nephalem! i still have my sin hearts just about 3 miles ahead of you and you will never make it to them!"

Yeah well we still don't know what Amon is like. If he's going to be that arrogant, then obviously he'll lose very easily.
Reply Quote

To be fair, he hasn't said those words yet and there is chance he never even uses them (if we changed that in wol). And even in that alternative time-line, he said that after she was already dead and in few moments killed every last protoss on the map.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 03:49 AMPosted by Stafer

To be fair, he hasn't said those words yet and there is chance he never even uses them (if we changed that in wol). And even in that alternative time-line, he said that after she was already dead and in few moments killed every last protoss on the map.

It's more than that. According to the Blizzard Q&A panels, the entire Overmind's vision was just something it pieced together based on the information it had at its disposal, and from that, it was able to draw the conclusion of the "In Utter Darkness" mission in WoL.

That doesn't mean the Overmind's vision is 100% accurate, even if Kerrigan IS killed...
Reply Quote
BUT HE LURVES KORIGEN
Reply Quote
BUT HE LURVES KORIGEN

This is why there needs to be a better closure to their relationship, HotS didn't make it work out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]