StarCraft® II

Earliest 200/200 army?

Sup guys, I am wondering, how quick can someone max, like the best protoss player, how fast do he get to 200/200.

Just like how stephano is able to reach it by the 12 minutes marks with Roach and Ling on 3 bases with 3 queens.

With terran I am able to this by the 18 minutes mark, but im terribad. sooo I do like to know the answer to this.

And what would that army composition?
Edited by Kelmort on 5/5/2013 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sup guys, I am wondering, how quick can someone max, like the best protoss player, how fast do he get to 200/200.

Just like how stephano is able to reach it by the 12 minutes marks with Roach and Ling on 3 bases with 3 queens.

With terran I am able to this by the 18 minutes mark, but im terribad. sooo I do like to know the answer to this.

And what would that army composition?

On just zealots? probably around the same.

anything else will take probably 16ish
Reply Quote
You could just spam probes and get there in a few minutes.
Reply Quote
I maxed out 10:30, 200/200 got warpgate research then just spammed zealots and probes

had the freedom of as many bases as I want and no risk of being attacked so u can probably never get this in a real game
Edited by Define on 5/5/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In a real game, I've seen a build pro used with terran (tvz) to max at around 14 min. I don't know for protoss but I'm guessing around 14-18 might be good for a standard deathball.
Reply Quote
3 base 9 gate straight up stalkers I've maxed at around 13:45, with blink researched as well. Tried another variation and got a 1/1 upgrade with max at around 14:00ish. Every time I've done this build, I've never lost, always ended the game between 15-17 mintues, and fun to do in 2v2 cuz at least your partner could harrass/defend/etc.

Realistically though, had anyone attacked me in the first 10 minutes I would have been lost (i think the same can be said for stephano's fast max build) , the key to maxing early is bases and constant chrono boost on probe production, which no doubt will leave you vulnerable.

trying to not get supply blocked will take practice too, you'll be surprised.
Reply Quote
Aye every protoss unit require like 2 food sooo yeah, I guess it's must be a pylon every production circle.

I'm interest in the 200/200 blinkstalker.

How many gateway did you have on 3 base?
Reply Quote
You don't want to be maxed on gateway units
Reply Quote
with a good army, and a reasonable game, I'd say your ideal is around 14-15 min max on colo/gateway.

for gateway only (archon/stalker/immortal/ht) it's closer to 13-14 if you get a greedy third, and for stargate its closer to 16-17 min max (unless you max on something like nix/void, that'd finish around colo timing).

As mentioned above, gateway maxes are really weak by these timings, much better off attacking pre 150 supply and tech switching behind that while wg reinforces. archons and templar are good, but they don't stack enough dps at long enough range to really deal with enemy t3.
Reply Quote
The main problem I see with Archon/DTS and such is the high gas cost. 250 gas for an archons? hish.

What I failed to mention is that I play team game. Soo a 200/200 army mainly of stalker 3/3 with maybe 1-2 colosus / 3-5 immorta / 2-3 observers would be best.

A third in team game is kinda risky too
Reply Quote
The main problem I see with Archon/DTS and such is the high gas cost. 250 gas for an archons? hish.

They are quite expensive but they can also be made much faster (and a lot at the same time if the resources are there)... similar idea as cost-ineffective Zerg units. I also think that's why Stalkers are so expensive. If those things were all cheaper you would find everyone going Archons and Blink Stalkers, I believe.
Reply Quote
If your really greedy and opponent lets you get away with it you can get it by 13 minutes. Also there was some people that did this as a sport for a while, where they would play by themselves and be as greedy as possible to max as soon as possible, If I remember correctly the fastest they did it was with zerg by 8:20
Reply Quote
You could just spam probes and get there in a few minutes.

Best comp imo.
Reply Quote
I decided to see what I could do, I got 66 Probes, 43 Chargealots, and 12 Archons (using High Templar) with 16 Warp Gates (+2 that I forgot to transform, but ended up not needing them) 3 Nexi (16 Probes on minerals, 6 Probes on gas, per base) by 12:55.

On a different map I got 68 Probes, 38 Chargealots, and 14 Archons (using High Templar) off of 18 Warp Gates and 4 Nexi (2 bases with 16 Probes on minerals and 6 on gas, one base with 12 on minerals and 6 on gas, and one base with just 6 Probes on gas) by 13:05.

Both with little to no pressure from very easy random A.I. opponents.

The high level players could probably do both by like 11:30 or 12 or so.
Edited by NinjaDuckBob on 5/7/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]