StarCraft® II

Shields

Since we are the only race that can't full recover out health, should our shields be stronger the lower our health is. Not something completely retarded like "Shields are twice as strong LOLgl". Just a small percentage that allows lower health units with full shields last a bit longer. Something in terms of like harden shield on immortals without the full effect of it.

Maybe something like for every 10% of health you lose, you gain .1 more shields "upgrade" making 1 hp units basically 3.9 shields (like zealots) last a bit longer making them more cost effective. "What about immortals. They would be even more op." Emp, and fungal + zerglings. Everyone has a counter to everything. Protoss obviously has Void rays which are both air (attacking counter) and do bonus damage vs armored which immortals are.

Can't really think of anything else as a counter argument. Don't really see how this would "break protoss". In all honesty it would be fair seeing how literally half our health is relied on shields for both units and production.
Reply Quote
I'd like a faster regen of the shields consider muts heal faster than the shields, i feel sad when i storm they fly of and 5 seconds the come back stronger and with more units
Reply Quote
Zerg (except mutas and roaches) heal much slower than Protoss shields recover, and Terran either needs specialized units to heal, cost money to heal, or are reapers. With these things in mind, the protoss don't need a buff like you're suggesting. Perhaps a little faster shield recovery to deal with muta and reaper raids, but nothing so crazy as shield increases per-HP.
Reply Quote
<-- forgetting this?

Making toss unit shield-heavy means a HUGE buff for EMP
Edited by OTL on 5/6/2013 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The game isn't balanced around Protoss having shields stronger than they are now. If they were to buff Protoss shields to a degree that mattered they would have to nerf Protoss in some way to retain balance. As it stands I don't see why Protoss need to have stronger shields, because Protoss cannot 100% heal isn't a good reason. Our units typically have more health.
Reply Quote
I miss mid battle shield regen.

It had a lot more use that way. Currently it takes longer than I'd like, doesn't really help as much.
Reply Quote
As if Zealots aren't tanky enough. What else do you toss want next Invincible Immortals?
Reply Quote
AFK 30 minutes while my ultralisk regens back to full hp.
Reply Quote
As if Zealots aren't tanky enough. What else do you toss want next Invincible Immortals?

Wait, you mean that Immortals aren't invincible already?
Reply Quote
AFK 30 minutes while my ultralisk regens back to full hp.

your looking at it the wrong way, Zerg healing is what I see as the best lol. Imagine a bunch of roaches all getting shot you micro them good enough as to where non die, but they all are red hp. ALL Of them are regenerating so thats almost a hundred hp regenerating every 3 seconds. So much dps, and this healing is no matter what. If it's in battle out of battle low tier, don't need anything for it lol, even buildings heal. What I mean, is the healing OVERALL is HUGE makes such a big !@# difference, obviously not if you look at a single unit, that unit will only survive one or more shots.
Me and my friend made a custom game where the zerg had no Hp regen, and even though he was much better than me it never was even close. Every zerg unit or building has more hp than what it actually is just because of regen. Infact it's potentially unlimited lol.
Protoss has the best boosted healing. (Quick and temporary)
Terran has the most tenacious healing (More Direct and focused)
Zerg has the best healing overall. (Always and everywhere)
Edited by GameDog on 5/7/2013 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The high leveled race is able to build shields, which are able to regenerate.
But its not able to repair their own units, while "stupid" scv´s can.
Reply Quote
The high leveled race is able to build shields, which are able to regenerate.
But its not able to repair their own units, while "stupid" scv´s can.

Yeah, I'm not sure which race is more technologically advanced. Zealots can keep slashing at a Supply depot with blades while an SCV repairs from the other side.
Reply Quote
Not only the supply depot...
in 2v2 scv can repair the alies toss mech. units xD
Reply Quote
I think shields are fine. I'd like to see a shield battery-like structure, but it might turn out to be slightly overpowered. A MSC or Nexus ability that regenerates shield in a certain radius would be pretty cool. Sacrifices other advantages for faster recovery.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm not sure which race is more technologically advanced. Zealots can keep slashing at a Supply depot with blades while an SCV repairs from the other side.

On that note:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OGD5_9cA0&safe_search=on
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]