StarCraft® II

That Awesome Feeling When...

List them here! Let me start with a few:

On All In, you send your 130 mind-controlled Mutalisks at Kerrigan's Base

You finish The Devil's Playground before the second lava surge.

On The Moebius Factor, your last Reaper kills the final data core when he only has 1 HP left.

You kill Orlan's base before reaching 6000 minerals.

You've occupied the middle Tal Darim base on Supernova, and your Auto Refineries on the first base are still pumping gas.

You watch your Siege Breakers do their thing on Outbreak.

Your Banshees clear out the 5th base before the Odin even reaches the 4th base.

Beating brutal All In for the first time.

The Tal Darim Executor says "You shall not steal the breath of creation so easily!", Tosh panics, saying "Careful, they're sending their ships to take out your SCVs. Shoot 'em down quick, or we're finished!", and then you click on Jackson's Revenge, who says "Oh, really?"

You mine out all bases, including the gold expansion on In Utter Darkness.

You have Thors and Ghosts on Smash and Grab.

You clear out both Zerg bases on The Evacuation.

You clear out all Dominion bases on The Great Train Robbery.

You have Broodlords on Haven's Fall, The Gates of Hell, or All In.

You drop Siege Tanks in Warfield's base on The Gates of Hell, just far enough so they won't shoot at the Nydus Worms.

The Probes don't even survive long enough to start sealing off the Terrazine Altars.

You take all three broadcast towers on Media Blitz at the same time after clearing out the Dominion bases.

You activate the ARES just before releasing the Hybrid.

On Whispers of Doom, blinking away the Stalker just before the Broodlings hit.

On A Sinister Turn, rescuing the Dark Templar, The Immortal, and the High Templar before the bridge activates and Maar awakens.
Reply Quote
I used to play on casual too :3
Reply Quote
*cough* most of that is doable on brutal, at least half anyways.
Edited by Deniska on 5/5/2013 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Yeah, i know. though i yet to see doing devil playground in 4 minutes (or whatever time is between lava flows)
Edited by lolfail on 5/5/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

What happens then?
Reply Quote
05/05/2013 12:18 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf

What happens then?

They die afaik. But i never did that, my computer too bad to handle more than 20 broodlords and 70 mutas on my side :(.
Reply Quote
That awesome moment when you finish collecting terrazine from a site as the probe is on its way to seal it. (funny watching the probe get close and then hightail it out to the nearest other site)

This was on brutal, while I was mining that group of 3 between the protoss bases.
Reply Quote
05/05/2013 12:29 PMPosted by lolfail

What happens then?

They die afaik. But i never did that, my computer too bad to handle more than 20 broodlords and 70 mutas on my side :(.

Depends on the difficulty setting. On Normal, they clear everything out provided Kerrigan is away, and you brought along your own Terran army. On Brutal, they die. But who cares? 130 Mutas!!1 :D

05/05/2013 12:12 PMPosted by lolfail

Yeah, i know. though i yet to see doing devil playground in 4 minutes (or whatever time is between lava flows)

I got it at 5:04 on Normal. Doing such feat involves flying Barracks, Orbital Command, getting Reapers, gathering loose minerals around Zerg bases, and not spending anything. I tried it on Hard, but couldn't get it done before the second lava surge. ;-;

That awesome moment when you finish collecting terrazine from a site as the probe is on its way to seal it. (funny watching the probe get close and then hightail it out to the nearest other site)

This was on brutal, while I was mining that group of 3 between the protoss bases.

Hey, that one also happened to me before! Only difference is that the Probe gets to the Terrazine altar just as my SCV is collecting it, which might be even funnier. :B
Reply Quote
When I got all 7 terrazine at once on brutal while holding back a massive force at their ramp.
Reply Quote
Getting Zeratul to his ship on Whispers of Doom and getting the "Merely a Flesh Wound" achieve

Killing all the Zerg on Zero Hour.

Kill off most of the Protoss base in The Dig on Hard.
Reply Quote
Getting Zeratul to his ship on Whispers of Doom and getting the "Merely a Flesh Wound" achieve

Killing all the Zerg on Zero Hour.

Kill off most of the Protoss base in The Dig on Hard.

Merely a flesh wound is much easier if you blink past the first rock, destroy the second, void prison the spine crawler, and send your stalkers into the ship before zeratul.

Make sure you keep marines in the bases to handle the nydus worms.

Kill of the entire base and the protoss retreat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]