State Vs Scarlett

I love Protoss Tears. Given that they are a really easy race to play and Zerg is one of the hardest they really still can't counter swarmhosts?

Come back when you've played a single 1v1 ranked game :P

As for the OP, double robo colossi into HT for storm and feedback with mainly blink stalkers is what you want. Maybe even a few void rays if he doesn't go too many hydras. To be fair scarlett is miles ahead of state in skill so naturally what she does vs him looks hard to stop.
Reply Quote
I think tempest, Colossi, void rays, and Templar do well, but the biggest key is a MOTHER SHIP. knowing where to place your mother ship for a cloaking field to prevent swarm host from being effective is key.

As for the OP, double robo colossi into HT for storm and feedback with mainly blink stalkers is what you want. Maybe even a few void rays if he doesn't go too many hydras. To be fair scarlett is miles ahead of state in skill so naturally what she does vs him looks hard to stop.

Interesting, thanks for the responses.
Reply Quote
I don't think scarlett's army is more mobile at all,

I don't want to overstate the point, but I believe swarmhosts, hydras, vipers, and overlords are all faster that a protoss ball, at least on creep. The only thing slower is the static defense, and Scarlett can just replicate some of that at home.

I didn't mean for him to take his whole army and go around it, just a couple prisms out on the map to slowly pick away at the z expansions and starve the z out. Usually this would be initially be with zealots, but later with DTs

I thought so, but that's why I was saying that that strategy is fundamentally just a zerg expansion deterrent, fundamentally unable to close the deal by itself unless the Zerg overextends.

I think the reasonable solution here is to not let the z get on 5 base or whatever and get all the defense up in the first place. Harder said than done, but if you warp in right, z will have to pull hydras back at the least, opening open the swarmhost to the main army.

And that's my point. Swarmhosts are lair tech, and vipers are 14-15 minute tech. What I think you've just told me is that a turtle to 3 base Protoss push is obsolete against a good Zerg because it hits too late, that Zerg has a new BL/infestor, but it's online a little faster.

There's no doubt blizzard has got zerg backwards right now, terran is supposed to be the turtle and inch your way across the battlefield race.

Yes this is the new BL/infestor pretty much, but don't qq about it yet. Feedbacks own vipers and they have to keep their army clumped up so they really can't address the prisms.

I played a match earlier vs this exact style, and although the guy was pretty bad it illustrated what I'm saying in that I was able to keep his hydras constantly moving by using my 5 phoenix to snap off ovies, queens, anything basically and it just kept delaying and delaying him. While I had prisms running 11-13 zealots in at a time at the outlying bases.

This is the new BL/infestor, but I would much rather deal with this style because infested terrans are free whereas hydras ( the mobile defense ) or not.

Eventually you starve him out and you can continue to tech up to carriers or tempests along with a mothership for picking apart the mid field where all the spores and spines are at.

Then again, you can always chargelot archon all in him on 2 bases so he doesn't ever get this far ^_^
Edited by llllllllllll on 5/9/2013 11:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 11:01 AMPosted by llllllllllll
Yes this is the new BL/infestor pretty much, but don't qq about it yet. Feedbacks own vipers and they have to keep their army clumped up so they really can't address the prisms.

Then again, you can always chargelot archon all in him on 2 bases so he doesn't ever get this far ^_^

Well, I've been on tilt and playing terrible, but onc eI recover I'll definitely give this a shot along with the other things I have to pick up. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]