StarCraft® II

Easiest Region to get Masters in?

What in your opinion is the easiest region to get masters in?
Reply Quote
Well if WCS is any indication, The Americas is the easiest server...
Reply Quote
I've had the easiest time getting higher in SEA region. Their plat league is a joke.
Reply Quote
they are all the same until you hit high masters
Reply Quote

This.

Whoever says Masters Kr > Masters Eu > Masters Na ... is a big idiot and doesn't know what he is talking about.

I am masters in all 3 servers I can assure you that skill level is same till mid masters.

The skill difference only comes into picture from top masters and above.
Reply Quote
SEA
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure its SEA given the amount of players in it.
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 01:47 AMPosted by Harbinger

This.

Whoever says Masters Kr > Masters Eu > Masters Na ... is a big idiot and doesn't know what he is talking about.

I am masters in all 3 servers I can assure you that skill level is same till mid masters.

This, but SEA. It is barely even a region
Reply Quote

Hey! Its a small community but a very nice one. If I want custom games that is where I go (only in peak hours though).
Reply Quote
SEA
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Azrael

This.

This.
Reply Quote
So is NA the hardest cause of the amount of players?
Reply Quote
KR>EU>NA>SEA (in terms of skill)
Reply Quote
KR>EU>NA<SEA (in terms d1ck size )

Corrected :D
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I've heard SEA has the lowest skill ceiling.
Reply Quote
SEA. KR is hardest, NA/EU is about the same.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
SEA. KR is hardest, NA/EU is about the same.

That's why I always hear as well.
Reply Quote
That's what I always hear as well.
Indeed. Everyone has had their own different experiences (especially comparing NA & EU), but that was the difficulty level for me personally.

You should definitely give region switching a try if you haven't yet. :) It's a lot of fun playing against other meta-games, and the creativity put into some of the other custom Arcade maps is incredible.

Part of KR's difficulty compared to other servers is the latency, and the other part of it is their general playstyle. On NA and EU you will encounter plenty of standard macro play, and on KR you will get 1-based or cheesed almost every time. It's brutal, man.
Reply Quote
I've had the easiest time getting higher in SEA region. Their plat league is a joke.

What makes you say that?

I'm platinum on SEA, but I can compete with NA diamonds pretty well whenever I hop into customs on NA. While I don't disagree that there's a skill difference there, I don't think it's as big as you're making it out to be.

I'm pretty sure its SEA given the amount of players in it.

The amount of players actually makes it harder, not easier. Less overall players means there are less players in each league, so the top 2% is a smaller group. Say, for example, SEA had 100 players and NA had 200 players. 2% of 100 is 2, but 2% of 200 is 4, so that means twice as many people can achieve masters on NA compared to SEA due to the higher player population.

Also, a lot of the higher level players on SEA regularly play on the Korean server (our geographical location means the lag isn't a huge issue), and many Koreans also regularly play on the SEA server. SEA also includes hardcore players in several Asian countries including Taiwan (where Sen is from) and China (Sky (Legendary WC3 pro), MacSed, DreAm).

Overall though, I think this is pretty true:

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]