StarCraft® II

Oracle Creep Clean Up

I'm not the best at the game, but I watch a lot of pro matches -- like many of you I'm sure -- and at the moment I can't experiment with this, but I was wondering if anyone has messed around with oracle creep clean up or "creep harass". It seems a squad of 2 to 3 oracles should be capable of disposing of creep tumors rapidly, forcing mutes or other units to potentially move where they dont want to be while also forcing a zerg opponent to build AA at each base.

Figured this could be of use for late game oracle uses...
Reply Quote
I don't see why not, but you shouldn't BUILD 2-3 oracles to do this, just the ones you kept alive from earlier harassment.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 02:40 PMPosted by chaosSD
forcing mutes

if you mean mutas, they don't need to be forced
they're always there
Reply Quote
they're always there

you need to learn how to read. "He said forcing muta's to be somewhere where they don't want to be.
Reply Quote
they're always there

you need to learn how to read. "He said forcing muta's to be somewhere where they don't want to be.

My point is that mutas are extremely mobile and usually when you try and harass somewhere (at least in my experience of watching a lot of games because I get really depressed when I play) they usually get to the area with minimal damages unless it's a multi pronged attack or a bait.
Reply Quote
Oracles are useless in PvZ except for revelation in the lategame. They are a gimmick that work for harass marginally if unscouted, vs. phoenix, which will do guaranteed damage even if you scout them right away.

Clearly nobody is going to spend gas only to deny creep. From the start of WoL until this day I've never seen a pro use a "raven creep squad".
Reply Quote
Oracles are useless in PvZ except for revelation in the lategame. They are a gimmick that work for harass marginally if unscouted, vs. phoenix, which will do guaranteed damage even if you scout them right away.

Clearly nobody is going to spend gas only to deny creep. From the start of WoL until this day I've never seen a pro use a "raven creep squad".

Pesto I agree with you for the most part, but one thing I've been experimenting with is making 1 Oracle first out of starge and 3 phoenix. This allows your to lift the queen at the base with your phoenix and use your oracle to kill all the drones. If their is spores they will automatically target the other phoenix's. I've had recent games were ive kill all the drones at the natural and main against mid masters players doing this strat. Just keep lifting queens and hold position micro the oracle. If the zerg doesn't tell the spore to attack the oracle then you will kill all the drones. Its been pretty solid. But Ya for the most part oracles can be useless in PVZ but this is a way Ive found to make them work. Also I've use the oracle to clean up creep with an observer. Its a little safer then doing it with your army out on the map but if they are teching to hydras then they will just kill you oracle if your not careful and now you cant use envision or revelation.

Also, in some late game scenerio's I will use the oracle I made earlier with a warp prism to kill drones. Warm in zealots to kill spore and queen and then use oracle to kill drones.

If you can get away with 1 oracle and 3 phoenix and kill a good number of drones. Just drop 3 gate ways, use phoenix to kill ovi on the map and then just attack him with 4 gates. You will have a oracle so a quick burrow won't help the zerg against the push, and if you were successful in your harassment, his larvae will be spent on ovi's and drones. At the very least you can snipe a third base and expand behind it.
Edited by IIIIIIIIIIII on 5/9/2013 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]