So.....

I just got 7rr'd.

Yeah.... what in the figgidy....
Reply Quote
Did you lose? If your good you should never lose to that lol.
Reply Quote
Well I just started playing P, but my FFE did indeed lose to it, double gas for stargate play meant no 2nd gateway and late msc, I just didn't know people would actually still do it.

Just in shock
Reply Quote
That's a scout issue. Add more cannons and msc should pretty much stop that every time.
Reply Quote
Whenever you FFE and scout a late third, throw down extra cannons at your wall.

That's old advice I've been given; not sure if relevant, but it's helped me many a time.
Reply Quote
You just need the proper scouting checklist and you will never again lose to zerg rushes (except swarmhost nydus lol).

TL;DR version: No second hatch = emergency. Early gas = 50% on the cheese-o-meter, check for 3rd base no later than 5:15. Early gas and no 3rd = 75% on the cheese-o-meter, sacrifice a probe and then a zealot if needed to scout if they have lair or not. Lair means your only danger is nydus (which is lol attack with probes and win), every thing else will hit after your tech is done and you can obs/phoenix scout. Adding a second cannon and 1-2 sentries vs. 2 base zerg will save you from every possible roach/ling/baneling attack.

Never forget to scout inside your own base if no zerg 2nd/3rd, because proxy hatch is the one cheese I sometimes forget about.
Reply Quote
I just got 7rr'd.

Yeah.... what in the figgidy....
♥ Hahaha, that's actually a little funny :P

Sorry.

I can see why this could sort of work, if you never get to scout Zerg on the bigger maps, but not being able to scout Zerg should not happen, either. So... If you do not mind, could you post a replay of the game, so that we can take a look at exactly why the 7 RR worked?
Reply Quote
To be honest I never scout a zergs main, Just poke at natural at 4 Minutes, than go to third. If he doesn't have natural make some more cannons and try and get units up. If he has his natural, than he's probably not doing an all-in.
Reply Quote
To be honest I never scout a zergs main, Just poke at natural at 4 Minutes, than go to third. If he doesn't have natural make some more cannons and try and get units up. If he has his natural, than he's probably not doing an all-in.

Ive gotta give you the benefit of the doubt as a mid masters player (so read this as more of a question than criticism) but that sounds more meta-game than safe. There are plenty of all-ins zerg can do on 2 bases (which they never do, because they don't work anymore when scouted), and plenty of tech plays on 2 base that could save you from making cannons/chronoing sentries if you scout them. Scouting gas timing can eliminate the possibility or proxy hatch or hidden bases.

But i guess that depends on your opener. Gateway openers definitely don't need that info. Pros never seem to pylon scout with nexus first, so I guess its not needed, but I don't know how they actually survive against early pool. I guess its a micro thing I can't do.
Reply Quote
Im not mid masters, i sat low masters in wol as a zerg and have been offracing t and p the past few weeks

and whomever asked for the replay : http://ggtracker.com/matches/3129709 I think you can pull it off there, I'm not very good at this game as much as I'd like to be but it was just really suprising to see a strat that hasn't been used except for in low leagues early WoL, just kinda rage posted, suprised it even got this many responses
Reply Quote
Whenever you FFE and scout a late third, throw down extra cannons at your wall.

That's old advice I've been given; not sure if relevant, but it's helped me many a time.

Unfortunately, the first part of this particular old advice doesn't really apply to the 7rr because it's a one base attack (it's often called a cheese) that hits at or just before the 5 minute mark, depending on the map size.

The part about extra cannons, however, is true. 3 cannons at a wall (normally overkill, but if you scout this, it's worth it) should shut it down. Some signs it's coming are a lack of zerglings, drones still on gas after the pool has popped (also could indicate a bane bust, or quick lair tech). It can outright win against any opponent who's trying for a fast expand that doesn't build for this, and even if you do there's the possibility that the zerg will do enough damage to pull ahead in economy, and just out macro you.

It's also entirely possible for the zerg to expand behind this.

Edit: Make sure the cannons are in excellent position too. If your buildings are away from your nexus, it's very easy to just run past the cannons and target the nexus, assuming you didn't grab a mothership core.
Edited by Jolly on 5/10/2013 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]