StarCraft® II

Wins Counting as Losses 4v4

Yeah I had the same problem today. Was going on a real tear too. Some people here need to stop acting like five year children though and whining about how nothing is being done. They recognize the problem and are working to fix it. Show some patience or quit playing.
Reply Quote
I would just like to know how something like this CAN occur. How is victory condition determined ?

- The players ingame clearly see a victory and defeat screen.
- This means A victory condition for A team is met (everything killed, opponent team all left).
- Victorious team do not select 'Surrender' but choose 'Score Screen' or 'Quit game'

How then can this still end up in this strange screwed up result with both parties at a loss, wrong race icons, no XP or build order screen etc ?

To be clear: serious question. I'm a developer myself, and I can't really fathom reasons why this is done. That's why it would be nice to see a more in depth explanation (I warmly remember the algorithm explanations Bungie did for Halo 3, please do the same here =-)
Reply Quote
I had this error occur again today, several times - almost every 4v4 I played, in fact (mostly wins, some losses).

They do not appear to count against bonus pool, nor do they appear to affect my ladder. I have 78 4v4 ladder games played this season, and 14 of my games have now resulted in this error.

After receiving it for the 4th or so time today, I was given this message when attempting to re-queue:
http://i.imgur.com/w4QDBzo.png
Reply Quote
I have the bug to. Won two 4v4's today and came up as losses like you all. =(
Reply Quote
same here.every win is counted as loss
Reply Quote
I know a bit about programming myself, and I can certainly say it's no small bug for a code that says win = points and mmr increase to just decide to do the opposite. The game's got somethin' broke inside...
Reply Quote
isn't this what Beta tests are for?
maybe 4v4 should have been thrown into Beta earlier to resolve this.

i don't understand how this issue came about at all, but it must have originated from some quickfix that was used to fix the horrible lag issue that arose when a 4v4 went on too long. 4v4s used to get extremely laggy, less than a frame per second.. I believe this was because too many units were on the screen at once for the host game to deal with sending and receiving to the other players.

whatever quickfix was used to fix this (if it was indeed fixed) must have forgotten to include a reliable Win Condition algorithm for each player.
Edited by AeoN on 8/1/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi, i have 4v4 bug since four month but sometimes, but since yesterday with the new patch it's worse because it makes me at every game played. I'm not alone with this problem since yesterday a lot of friend have the same thing, sometimes i am disconnected from the party with this message "Attempting to connect to server" and i need surrender since this patch too!!!
A solution please??
I am diamond and a lot of loose i can't play anymore like this so....

WHAT KIND OF ENGLISH IS THAT!????
Reply Quote
Remember what Blizzard used to be? God those were the good ol days. Even with the kind of loot they have this can't be fixed after MONTHS? Sigh...
Reply Quote
Ok, let´s make something clear here ...

1) We´re not stupid

2) WHAT is the "cause" you have identified?

3) WHEN is "as soon as possible" ? Because this !@#$ing problem started MONTHS ago and we´re still not getting the things we were PROMISED when we BOUGHT your game, we PAYED for your game, you realize that , right ?

4) We´re not stupid (oh I guess I repeated this point .. ) (!)

5) I don´t understand why a gaming company can´t have like 10 people playing customs or ladder 4v4 games for like AN HOUR to see for themselves the same %^-* we are experiencing on the ladder !!!!!! Are your testers on vacation or what ?! Jesus christ.

You, Blizzard, are LYING to us ... you have the nerves to state in your new patch "4v4 problem is FIXED" when it´s not. So, either you´re lying to us or you really don´t have a clue about what´s going on with your own game and coding. SERIOUSLY.

Holy crap...calm down...the problem has CHANGED...this is a NEW problem, they fixed the old one but a different bug caused the new problem...breath...relax...take your blood pressure medication...
Reply Quote
Hi, i have 4v4 bug since four month but sometimes, but since yesterday with the new patch it's worse because it makes me at every game played. I'm not alone with this problem since yesterday a lot of friend have the same thing, sometimes i am disconnected from the party with this message "Attempting to connect to server" and i need surrender since this patch too!!!
A solution please??
I am diamond and a lot of loose i can't play anymore like this so....

WHAT KIND OF ENGLISH IS THAT!????

news flash, this game is popular in countries that don't speak english, I doubt you'd do as well speaking his language.
Reply Quote
Ok, let´s make something clear here ...

1) We´re not stupid

2) WHAT is the "cause" you have identified?

3) WHEN is "as soon as possible" ? Because this !@#$ing problem started MONTHS ago and we´re still not getting the things we were PROMISED when we BOUGHT your game, we PAYED for your game, you realize that , right ?

4) We´re not stupid (oh I guess I repeated this point .. ) (!)

5) I don´t understand why a gaming company can´t have like 10 people playing customs or ladder 4v4 games for like AN HOUR to see for themselves the same %^-* we are experiencing on the ladder !!!!!! Are your testers on vacation or what ?! Jesus christ.

You, Blizzard, are LYING to us ... you have the nerves to state in your new patch "4v4 problem is FIXED" when it´s not. So, either you´re lying to us or you really don´t have a clue about what´s going on with your own game and coding. SERIOUSLY.

Holy crap...calm down...the problem has CHANGED...this is a NEW problem, they fixed the old one but a different bug caused the new problem...breath...relax...take your blood pressure medication...

LOL it hasnt changed. its been the same problem. its just that its becoming a bigger problem as of recent. This !@#$ has been going on all summer, its just way more common and prevalent now.
Reply Quote
I LOST ANOTHER F***ING MATCH BECAUSE OF THE F***ING You were Dropped BS. IM PISt OFF BLIZZARD, MAYBE U CAN TELL NOW>!!!!!!!!!>>. Fix this NOW. not tommorow or as soon as possible, NOW, AS RIGHT THE HELL NOW. BTW this is my response to YOU. Huginncord. WE WANT A FIX NOW. im not playing this game anymore if im gonna constantly get Screwed over by you, there are tons of matches ive lost ive been playing this that i got dropped from. matches that had the VICTORY screen and then says Waiting for Server you have been DROPPED. you know how many achievements id have by now if you had FIXED this bug early on????? I have every right to vent at you, we all do, Were not idiots, so if u want us to continue to have a passion for this game, Do something NOW.
Reply Quote
isn't this what Beta tests are for?
maybe 4v4 should have been thrown into Beta earlier to resolve this.

Also, the losses do not go against your ladder points or W/L ratio. It will simply be a mark on your match history. There's no telling if it affects your hidden MMR rating, though. (Maybe Blizzard disabled it for now? [hopefully])
Reply Quote
i hate to break it to a lot of you kids but if you get your wins back, you are also going to get all the losses that didn't count too. they have already fixed the part of the bug that affected your ladder ranking and win/loss count. that was done a while ago. if you are still playing today after hearing that every game ends in a loss, despite what many of you are saying, i think you may actually be idiots. you know idiots don't think they are idiots right? that is kinda how that works.
Edited by inanimate on 8/1/2013 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

LOL it hasnt changed. its been the same problem. its just that its becoming a bigger problem as of recent. This !@#$ has been going on all summer, its just way more common and prevalent now.

It's unfortunate you have little to no understanding of programming. Just because a problem is the same doesn't mean the issue causing the problem is the same. Blizzard identified one issue and fixed it, which revealed a second, much larger issue.
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 09:08 PMPosted by SgtAnubis
I LOST ANOTHER F***ING MATCH BECAUSE OF THE F***ING You were Dropped BS. IM PISt OFF BLIZZARD, MAYBE U CAN TELL NOW>!!!!!!!!!>>. Fix this NOW. not tommorow or as soon as possible, NOW, AS RIGHT THE HELL NOW. BTW this is my response to YOU. Huginncord. WE WANT A FIX NOW. im not playing this game anymore if im gonna constantly get Screwed over by you, there are tons of matches ive lost ive been playing this that i got dropped from. matches that had the VICTORY screen and then says Waiting for Server you have been DROPPED. you know how many achievements id have by now if you had FIXED this bug early on????? I have every right to vent at you, we all do, Were not idiots, so if u want us to continue to have a passion for this game, Do something NOW.

Holy crap...calm down...breath...relax...take your blood pressure medication...
Reply Quote
Does everyone realize this is ONLY an issue in 4v4? That there's 3v3, 2v2, 1v1...if you're ridiculously set on 4v4 you could do unranked...then you have the arcade...the various levels of difficulty/achievements you can go for in the campaign...it's no the end of the world.
Reply Quote
It's unfortunate you have little to no understanding of programming. Just because a problem is the same doesn't mean the issue causing the problem is the same. Blizzard identified one issue and fixed it, which revealed a second, much larger issue.

I program for a living. You have zero evidence to support what you are saying...for all you know it's the same bug and their patch said

if(problem)
{
fix;
}

but they accidentally wrote

if(true)
{
break everything; (by triggering the problem)
}

Good job pretending to know what you are talking about though.
Edited by ZOMGALAWLRUS on 8/1/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does everyone realize this is ONLY an issue in 4v4?

I'm also having this issue on 8-man FFAs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]