StarCraft® II

Wins Counting as Losses 4v4

This is ridiculous and untrue, I play a game on steam that has had the same exact bug for over a year.

I mean specifically Valve owned/acquired/produced Steam game. Not the tons of independent devs or EA or other developers. Gaben obviously doesn't patch those or have much of a say patching those. Sorry if that was unclear.

With the above clarification, I stand by what I said 100%. Give me one example of such Valve/Steam game bug even approaching this magnitude.

For example, a bug which causes the end of a TF2 round to result in a loss for both players? Valve would patch that in closer to 1 day than 6 months...and wins/losses don't even matter in TF2.
Reply Quote
ROFLMAO... classic, it's almost comical how it gets worse after a patch lol. back to unranked we go...
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
08/02/2013 03:14 PMPosted by joseph
This is like the 5th or 6th time that this has happened to me. The game I just played we won the match but it was recorded as a loss. it must be a random error. the reason I say this is because in this last game there were 4 protoss, 3 terrain and 1 zerg. so the 5 or 6 of the same race theory is not accurate. What I have noticed in ALL the games that I won but got a loss is that the games were ALL over 15 mins in length.

Umm try reading the blue posts in the thread they have said that since the patch thats not true anymore and they have a team working to fix this asap.

either the defult should be sit to WIN in the event of a crash/bug in the game or, blizzard should task a team (2 or 3 people)

Its a bug meaning they have to find it and once they find it they aren't going to make it autowin they are gonna fix it. And that 2-3 people idea won;t work as they would require much more than that better to hire 2-3 people to fix the bug instead. (Which they have people trying to fix it.)
Reply Quote
Same BS. It is obvious on which games had this issue, which is turning into 90% of them now. Blizzard should go back and throw out these games at the very least.
Reply Quote
sigh I just won a game for 4v4 but it counted as lost. and my record gets worse. this is so unfair. -___- please fix thissss pleaseee!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
"we have a fix ready in place" - yesterday

win all my 4v4 still getting losses - today

amazing at how slow they are to fix such a game breaking bug.

The fact that they believe that they have identified the cause and having a fix are two different things.
Reply Quote
Same problem, I wonder if they will correct my lousy record that I have accumulated over the past few days. Does the bug get credit for the win? If so I hope its not in my bracket.
Reply Quote
Two game in a row now it has done it to me. I guess I will just go play anther game. But FYI for me at least.. The losses I have got form this have not given me in the lost record and have not taken bonus pool points.
Reply Quote
Same issue happening here. Blizzard, this is a "drop everything else you're doing and fix it immediately" type of bug. Please act accordingly.
Reply Quote
me and 3 friends just won 5 placement matches in a row, shows us not completing a single placement, or win any previous match. all replays are saved.
Edited by BillyOC on 8/2/2013 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here,
played some games today, 4vs4. Won some, lost some.
Match history says i lost them all.
games end, score screen lakes ages to load. When it finally loaded, i somehow lost the game.
Annoying. Very annoying.
Plz fix.
Reply Quote
The last 3 games I've played in 4s I have won, and of course, loading screen/ match history says I lost. Really would like this fixed....
Reply Quote
Played two 4v4s, got two wins, both came up as losses... The patch fix seems to have just made it worse. As someone who only plays team games, this makes me a sad panda. :(
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 06:10 PMPosted by STK
sigh I just won a game for 4v4 but it counted as lost. and my record gets worse. this is so unfair. -___- please fix thissss pleaseee!

Your record does not get worse. The game shows as a loss in match history for all 8 players, but they are NOT counting towards your win/loss record.
Reply Quote
ok so........ what is going to happen to my 4v4 wins that are counted as loss up until this 'fix'?

And in this 'fix,' is Blitz going to give players these wins? I really doubt it because it'll mess up the ladder a lot, giving ladder points equal to that of the number of 4v4 wins that were counted as loss.
But because I'm not an expert I may be saying something unnecessary.

I dragged my question long enough but yeah, where are my 4v4 ladder points going to go? ..
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 09:54 PMPosted by ZOMGALAWLRUS
It's unfortunate you have little to no understanding of programming. Just because a problem is the same doesn't mean the issue causing the problem is the same. Blizzard identified one issue and fixed it, which revealed a second, much larger issue.

I program for a living. You have zero evidence to support what you are saying...for all you know it's the same bug and their patch said

if(problem)
{
fix;
}

but they accidentally wrote

if(true)
{
break everything; (by triggering the problem)
}

Good job pretending to know what you are talking about though.

sorry but for all you know he does know what he is talking about and he could be correct. you have 0 evidence he doesnt know what he is talking about. what he said is possible but not definitely true.

on the other hand what you said in response is 100% crap. knowing about algorithm and syntax doesnt mean anything.

good job painting yourself to be an asswhole
Reply Quote
2 mORE PLACEMENTS iN 4v4 THAT ME AND THREE FRIENDS WON COUNTED AS LOSSES AND I GOT THE GOD DAM WAITING FOR SERVER MESSAGE< I DONT CARe RIGHT NOW ABOUT YOUR FORUM RULES< WHAT IN THE HELL ARE U DOING BLIZZARD??!?!?!?!L!. Screwing me OVER AGAIN THATS WHAT. Stop sitting on your asses and FIX THE PROBLEM NOW>>>>>
Reply Quote
Any Blue updates on this? It feels like it has been a while :(.
Reply Quote
Yep, 4v4 (undecided) loss bug is alive and kicking :(

Blizzard, this is the type of bug that will make people shun your products.

If it's not a top priority bug already, it should be.

Thanks!

A LOYAL CUSTOMER
Edited by Canadio on 8/2/2013 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]